Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 732715 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #1890 on: February 14, 2007, 03:28:51 pm »
I was just wondering, Hydro; whatever happened to the Desert tribe?  I was looking at the history page on Sporewiki, and they seem to dissapear around the galactic stage.  Did they make it to the Nano Age or the Ascension Age?  I may or may not have reasons for asking.

Nope they died off in the war against the robotic Nauceans. They were the 1st tribe to be killed off by them.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 14, 2007, 04:04:01 pm »
I like the jungle tribe because they are crazy midgets.

Did they survive?
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 14, 2007, 04:42:17 pm »
Nope they died off in the war against the robotic Nauceans. They were the 1st tribe to be killed off by them.
Ok then, I'll just fix my drawin- what?  I didn't say anything!
*runs away*
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1893 on: February 15, 2007, 12:10:02 am »
I like the jungle tribe because they are crazy midgets.

Did they survive?

No not fully. During the slavery times most will killed off but some interbred with other tribes. This happened to the ocean and swamp tribe during this time.

And before anyone asks, the cave tribe was killed off with biological weapons by the desert tribe.

The slavery and plantation tribes got nuked during the anti-slavery / atomic war.

The robotic Nauceans were all destroyed in the robotic war.

The river tribe, mountain tribe and grassland tribe merged into a single globe tribe at the end of the nano age.

See chart i made awhile back

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 15, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »
I was just wondering, Hydro; whatever happened to the Desert tribe?  I was looking at the history page on Sporewiki, and they seem to dissapear around the galactic stage.  Did they make it to the Nano Age or the Ascension Age?  I may or may not have reasons for asking.

Good. I never really liked them. They seemed very evil.

Offline Fatalfist

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 19, 2007, 12:26:58 am »
hydro not shure if this has bine asked but when you were at e3 makeing your naucean how close did you actualy get it and more specifically could you get the eyes right cause you have very unique eye for them before it crashed did you like how it was coming out being back almost a year ago now

..besides..
Ah well I kind got the just of that because of all the stuff they still had to put in. They have alto done but so much to go to make it work. In short asking for the demo would have been disappointing because it has many bugs. Such as a person ahead of me's creatures head twitched funny. And of course my Naucean's tentacles kept making more tentacles as you moved it on the head. Also i did not see any Naucean specific parts. The foot i thought was acully a hoof and the mouths were all basic.
posted here not to bump the other thead

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1896 on: February 19, 2007, 12:36:58 am »
hydro not shure if this has bine asked but when you were at e3 makeing your naucean how close did you actualy get it and more specifically could you get the eyes right cause you have very unique eye for them before it crashed did you like how it was coming out being back almost a year ago now

..besides..
Ah well I kind got the just of that because of all the stuff they still had to put in. They have alto done but so much to go to make it work. In short asking for the demo would have been disappointing because it has many bugs. Such as a person ahead of me's creatures head twitched funny. And of course my Naucean's tentacles kept making more tentacles as you moved it on the head. Also i did not see any Naucean specific parts. The foot i thought was acully a hoof and the mouths were all basic.
posted here not to bump the other thead

Well i never got the right "floot", the tail fluke was close, the beak was way off, the eyes were not to far off, the tentacles were close, and i did not make it to the hands. Oh and i think i this the nostrils on the top of the head ok. One problem I noticed was he kept squatting ad you moved it and it had the problem i have seen with many spore models where there legs are so close to the ground and you can't seem to lift the body up high enough. Here are a few examples of what i mean...

Offline Fatalfist

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 19, 2007, 12:51:55 am »
yup iv noticed that to

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 19, 2007, 02:07:22 am »
You can just pick up the whole blob and move it higher... I think. I'm pretty sure I've seen that in a few videos.
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1899 on: February 19, 2007, 02:58:44 am »
You can just pick up the whole blob and move it higher... I think. I'm pretty sure I've seen that in a few videos.

Well if you can its hard to do. Cause when i tried to move it up the spine went all weird. Hopefully I was just missing some grabber toggle or its fixed by the release date. In short, for someone who is use to 3D Studio max, its much different and almost hindering to me. I have such a modeling bias. It might be the same problem i had with life drawing. I had so many bad habits from cartooning. Thus in the same way my bad 3D Studio max habits transfer to Spore. So i guess you could say its better if you have no modeling experience.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 03:04:05 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 19, 2007, 12:41:35 pm »
Lucky me then.  ;)
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 19, 2007, 09:28:16 pm »
I probably won't have any modeler's bias in Spore even though I use Blender. Why? Because I'll actually be able to understand the interface. :P

Only a small amount of people will understand that joke.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1902 on: February 20, 2007, 08:46:25 pm »
Stuff i am doing for class. These 3D models will be animated to the rough 2D sketch storyboard shown below. Note i did not get to pick the sound. It was assigned to us and my only working models were my Naucean ones. Enjoy!

Flint and Fluke

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 20, 2007, 09:15:34 pm »
Uh.......huh.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 20, 2007, 11:37:02 pm »
Heh, nice. Looks like its made in Hash Inc Animation Master, am I right?
@davidramnero