Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 719288 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #1800 on: December 07, 2006, 10:21:05 am »
I don't know, if they add the pseudo-mandibles, there will be thousands of Naucean knock-offs running around in spore.  I think it would be better if they could be made by combining parts, that way the Naucean would stay more unique.
Probably not a Goat, either.

gec05

« Reply #1801 on: December 07, 2006, 10:40:49 am »
You have to consider that everyone in thse forums only accounts for a fraction of people who will buy Spore on an international scale. I don't think the situation will be epidemic being that only a few people actually know what a Naucean is. I am also sure that no one here will dare to make a knock off being that it belongs to Hydro.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: December 07, 2006, 12:34:53 pm »
I guess you're right, though I would guess that more people know about the Naucean than just forum members.  I found the Nauceans long before I found gamingsteve.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: December 07, 2006, 12:37:29 pm »
Yes, I saw the Naucean evolution video before I found GS.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

gec05

« Reply #1804 on: December 07, 2006, 12:50:57 pm »
Still, it's not massively popular.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1805 on: December 13, 2006, 03:06:15 am »
Here is the 2D animation i made awhile back in an animated GIF but i converted it for You Tube. I also have 3D new one where a Naucean tells his story about hunting a lystrophant. Enjoy! :)

Naucean meets Caveman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHX03JYGzU0

Naucean Hunt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LrTeZErpEQ

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: December 13, 2006, 03:18:35 am »
lol they're hilarious :D :D :D In the second one the boar looks like a mile tall at one point :D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1807 on: December 13, 2006, 03:25:10 am »
lol they're hilarious :D :D :D In the second one the boar looks like a mile tall at one point :D

Its not a boar its a "lystrophant" . A Native creature to the planet Nauceanica.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 13, 2006, 03:32:05 am »
yeah I know but I'm too lazy to spell that ::) :D

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 16, 2006, 09:58:22 pm »
Random Naucean questions:

1) Can they taste? I imagine keeping your arms in your mouth is enough to devolve the sense!

2) In the Bronze Age, the way they bury their dead, how do they know babies are born in that position?

3) Were there Naucean ninjas, and did they regullarly destroy the Naucean pirates?

4) Whos smaller, jungle or mountain tribe?

Sorry of these have been asked before, I'm way too lazy to go through 122 pages!
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 16, 2006, 10:04:00 pm »
Just thought I'd point out...there's no such thing as devolution sorry ;) (psst there's always ninjas In every species...geeze do you know anything about life? ::) :D)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1811 on: December 17, 2006, 12:22:13 am »
1) Can they taste? I imagine keeping your arms in your mouth is enough to devolve the sense!

Yes, They have a tongue in the their small beak at the back of their pseudo-mandible. The arms are not in the mouth but sit in the pseudo-mandible

2) In the Bronze Age, the way they bury their dead, how do they know babies are born in that position?

Because they lay eggs. Those that do not live can see seen in that position inside their egg.

3) Were there Naucean ninjas, and did they regullarly destroy the Naucean pirates?

Yes there were Naucean Ninjas, they were called assassins, or atleast thats the rough translation. And no they did not fight each other.

4) Whos smaller, jungle or mountain tribe?

Jungle. desert and Mountain and cave tribe are all about the same size. Then river and swamp is next larger followed by the grassland and ocean tribes being the tallest and biggest.

Sorry of these have been asked before, I'm way too lazy to go through 122 pages!

Then go to Spore Wiki where it is all in order and easy to read :D

http://www.sporewiki.com/Naucean
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 02:05:35 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 17, 2006, 12:35:42 am »
like I said ninjas In every species...there's Zyyo ninjas but they Just go around silently knocking everyone out...no knifes...I wouldn't like to meet a Naucean Ninja :-\...unless It was on my team ;D

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 17, 2006, 09:20:10 am »
No, the wiki sasys mountain tribe is smallest. And I always imagined the assassins as... assassins, but now that you mention it, they are ninja-y. And about eggs, I never read the entire article, (Id be dead of old age if I had) and I thought it was females egg, embryo, then birth happens, and baby naucean. Thanks for answering my qeustions!
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1814 on: December 17, 2006, 11:27:06 am »
No, the wiki sasys mountain tribe is smallest. And I always imagined the assassins as... assassins, but now that you mention it, they are ninja-y. And about eggs, I never read the entire article, (Id be dead of old age if I had) and I thought it was females egg, embryo, then birth happens, and baby naucean. Thanks for answering my qeustions!

No they are smallest of the 4 i mentioned (river, cave, mountain and ocean). The Jungle are smallest out of them ALL. You have to remember i made up those 4  a few days before making up the rest of them. So at the time they were the smallest.