Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 719558 times)

Online Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #1530 on: July 14, 2006, 03:51:27 pm »
I'd buy a copy too (the paperback, at least, maybe not the leather bound hardcover. :P)

You should check out lulu.com.

Cool. Thanks for the link.

EDIT: Ok i signed up for the free thingy and I know how to make PDFs and in theory could make one up quickly (but withlots of mistakes). But lets say i got it all looking nice with geramical and spelling mistakes fixed, when should i do it? I mean this is like the never ending story. I keep adding on to it. If i did publish the next stuff i made would not be included. What do you think ishould do about this problem?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 04:10:18 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 14, 2006, 04:20:54 pm »
Simple, after another long time, make a sequel!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 14, 2006, 04:35:47 pm »
I would layout what you have now and see what you have. You can always do the Naucean Vol. 2. ;)

A 28 page full colour saddlestitched comic book (6.625" x 10.25") would cost $7.20 per book (or you could do a 24 page book for $6.60). I think you could reasonably charge $10-$12 for it, and make a decent profit.

Alternatively, you could make a 6" x 9" perfect bound (softcover) with 32 pages, with colour images on one side and b&w text on the other for $7.25.

(you might want to check my math here)

Online Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1533 on: July 14, 2006, 04:49:31 pm »
Simple, after another long time, make a sequel!

Acully after thinking for awhile i think i will do that. I will just make volumes of them. What i have so far will be volume 1. Then as i add more i can have volume 2 and so on until way after i can make a collectors edtions with all the voulmes in one big book.

I would layout what you have now and see what you have. You can always do the Naucean Vol. 2. ;)

A 28 page full colour saddlestitched comic book (6.625" x 10.25") would cost $7.20 per book (or you could do a 24 page book for $6.60). I think you could reasonably charge $10-$12 for it, and make a decent profit.

Alternatively, you could make a 6" x 9" perfect bound (softcover) with 32 pages, with colour images on one side and b&w text on the other for $7.25.

(you might want to check my math here)

Yeah i already have alot. I might even have enough to make more than one volume to begin with.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 04:51:02 pm by Hydromancerx »

Online Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1534 on: July 15, 2006, 01:51:03 pm »
Things are going slow witht the corecting and compileing of the book. Don't expect drawings for while. Tribal stage is 24 pages, City Stage is 11 pages, etc. So i will be doing this for awhile. Thankfully my sister who is great at spelling and grammer has been helping proof read everything and make sure it is readable and makes sense.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 15, 2006, 07:35:07 pm »
Late congrats on getting 100+ pages.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 15, 2006, 07:51:43 pm »
It should have a satirical yet cool title. For example:

A Brief History of Nauceans
The Theory of Nauceans of the General and Special Kind
Mostly Naucean
The Naucean at the End of the Universe
Doctor Nauvorkean: The Half-Blood Naucean

Just a few. :D

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 15, 2006, 11:11:40 pm »
How about

"The Encyclopedia Nauceania"
[/b]
An Adventure Into Nauceans Past, Present and Future
[/i]

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Online Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1538 on: July 15, 2006, 11:27:40 pm »
How about
"The Encyclopedia Nauceania"
[/b]
An Adventure Into Nauceans Past, Present and Future
[/i]

Neat ideas you guys. I might just use that Balthamael  If anyone wants to help me correct spelling and gramar and proof read it would be most helpful. I have my sister heloing on the Tribal Stage, Areku on Solar System and my ex-girlfriedn helping on City Stage if anyone want to help correct a chapater who is good at spelling and grammar plz contact me at my e-mail hydro.mancer@verizon.net OR PM me.

Also i am torn if i should use this chapter

Universal Stage
http://www.sporewiki.com/Naucean_Universal_Stage_%28Concept%29

Its mostly fan fic stuff so i guess i will only put it in if its ok with Necro, KMR, Huggs, Oper, Areku, geo05 and any other creature references I have durring this age. If i don't think i will probbly just leave it all out to avoid any sueing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 11:31:05 pm by Hydromancerx »

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #1539 on: July 16, 2006, 12:11:43 am »
Looks fine to me, except in the area "Fluffemonicon" delete the "l" from the end of " 'fluffemoniconl'!!!! " I'm too lazy to sue, just make sure everything is accurate.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 16, 2006, 03:10:00 am »
My name was good, Yay!
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Online Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1541 on: July 16, 2006, 01:34:22 pm »

After the Galactic Isolationism Age the Nauceans finally reach the peak of civilization, they enter into the Ascension Age. Now understanding nanotechnology, time travel, quantum technology and spirituality the Naucean use all 3 to achieve enlightenment and ascend to the next stage of Naucean evolution on the next plane of existence. Think of the Nauceans becoming like the Ancients in "Stargate: SG1" , Elves in "Lord of the Rings" or the Star Child in "2001: A Space Odyssey" during this stage. This is the final chapter of their story and one by one each Naucean ascends and leaves their worldly bodies. However not all Nauceans do this. Some choose to stay behind as guardians of the relics of their past and  help other races reach Ascension when they are ready to ask for help.  While other less evolved Nauceans such as Dr. Nauvorkean were just to evil and corrupt to achieve this.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:37:06 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Sporeman

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 16, 2006, 01:42:29 pm »
so is this how it ends?
first the Eeleon system tommorow... another system with a different name

Online Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1543 on: July 16, 2006, 01:44:45 pm »
so is this how it ends?

For their history yes. However I plan to continue to fill in gaps in the past history. But as RP is concerned they are done. :D

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 16, 2006, 01:59:31 pm »
Hmmm, I was thinking about doing something similar for the ViS, but of course in their own unique way. In fact I even thought about a universe of the far future, where the species we know today have either ascended or become extinct, with the ascended ones being worshipped as gods in a galaxy-wide religion.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.