Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 731440 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #1515 on: July 14, 2006, 01:31:42 am »
The drawing below is for another one of my classes in which will feature a stone age hunting group from a river tribe taking down a lystrophant.

A Naucean hunting party leader using his oral tentacles point in the direction the others should stalk in the high grasses. With obsidian spears in hand the group of 8 crouch low peaking up their heads down and then.

Between the hunters and the river is a huge lystrophant with its tan colored hide covered in mud and he browses on the foliage beside him. Suddenly he hears a crack and it’s frozen with eye wide looking for where the sound came from. It lets out a thundering roar, which spooks the Nauceans and they 4 jump out at once scaring the lystrophant to the water. The rest of them hurry into the water ready for the lystrophant to step in. The 4 hurtle their spears into the lystrophant making it bleed and rear up. With its 2 trunks its grabs one of the Nauceans and crush him under his huge foot. As it back up it goes into the water and starts sinking into the mud.

It is now vulnerable and the 4 Nauceans swim as fast as dolphins to the trapped lystrophant. Nauceans are amphibious creature who can hunt just as well like a pack of raptors as they can as a pod of dolphins thanks to their “floots” which is a flipper-like foot as will a fluke at the end of their muscular tails. They stab and back up and stab again waiting for the lystrophant to loose enough blood and pass out. Once dead the lystrophant has enough blubber to float on the surface and the Naucean hunters pull it down stream to their still village that stand in the middle of the stream with there spherical reed homes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:35:14 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 14, 2006, 02:39:18 am »
It is now venerable and the 4 Nauceans swim as fast as dolphins to the trapped lystrophant. Nauceans are amphibious creature who can hunt just as well like a pack of raptors as they can as a pod of dolphins thanks to their “floots” which is a flipper-like foot as will a fluke at the end of their muscular tails. They stab and back up and stab again waiting for the lystrophant to loose enough blood and pass out. Once dead the lystrophant has enough blubber to float on the surface and the Naucean hunters pull it down stream to their still village that stand in the middle of the stream with there spherical reed homes.
You should be one with spear grasshoppaah.  ;)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1517 on: July 14, 2006, 03:11:56 am »
Fixed.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1518 on: July 14, 2006, 04:08:48 am »

Here is a River Tribe Jet Glider. It was used during the Rocket Age to protect the River Tribes borders. The only wars during this time  were over land in the moon colonies. Like its predecessor it had a front cannon and  long wheels. However this time it had many improvements. This time the wings were fiberglass and not sacks of hot air. This made them much more resistant to gun fire in the air. This had no propeller but it dose have a rear jet. This powerful jet evolved from the same rockets used to get Nauceans into space during this time. The jet could hold 2 Nauceans, a pilot and a gunner. Thanks to the advances in technology from the Atomic age they had radios too. Thanks to the rocket age they had the ability to go high up into the thin atmosphere with its pressurized cockpit just like the rockets of the age.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:35:45 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 14, 2006, 04:53:47 am »
i have a question, hydro. why do the lystrophants and the like have the same style eyes as the naucean? it's not a critisism, in fact i think that your style eyes are quite original.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1520 on: July 14, 2006, 04:58:46 am »
i have a question, hydro. why do the lystrophants and the like have the same style eyes as the naucean? it's not a critisism, in fact i think that your style eyes are quite original.

Because they evolved from a common ancestor (see below)

Nauceanica Evolution Tree
http://spore-planet.rpgs.sytes.net/naucean/nauceanica_evotree.htm

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 14, 2006, 05:06:22 am »
I must just say it again. Naucean are freaking awesome!
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 14, 2006, 05:16:57 am »
i concur. the sheer depth of their biological and cultural history is mind-boggeling. if i were a publishing company i would get you to put it all in big leather-bound book. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 05:18:37 am by SBD »

Offline Creature963

• Galaxian Guru
  • Lingualogian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 14, 2006, 10:55:09 am »
Concur.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 14, 2006, 10:59:21 am »
You do know alot of human terminology ;)

Offline Creature963

• Galaxian Guru
  • Lingualogian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 14, 2006, 12:42:59 pm »
Fo shizzle.

I've got to give Nauceans some merit, they have quite a creative physique.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1526 on: July 14, 2006, 02:28:09 pm »
i conquer(sp?). the sheer depth of their biological and cultural history is mind-boggeling. if i were a publishing company i would get you to put it all in big leather-bound book. 

Thanks you guys, but it was not made over night. Like they say "Rome was not built in a day." It has taken many months witha  little bit at a time and the stick to it nature to make the Nauceans to come to life. If i ever do publish a book of the Nauceans how many of you would buy it?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 02:34:17 pm by Hydromancerx »

Online emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 14, 2006, 02:32:04 pm »
I would buy it. That is if you give a shoutout to GS! JK.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 14, 2006, 03:18:26 pm »
If it was a well done book as is to be expected from you ;D Also, perhaps some legends, or an encyclopedia on Naucean civilization?

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 14, 2006, 03:34:14 pm »
I'd buy a copy too (the paperback, at least, maybe not the leather bound hardcover. :P)

You should check out lulu.com.