Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 718491 times)

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #1170 on: June 10, 2006, 04:05:26 am »
But the Nauceans do not know of the danger yet. even with the mothersphere the Nauceans  cannot manage to protect all of the fanfic universe and there are a number of strategies the Necromonicon can utilize the weakens of the mothersphere would be that the folding drive takes a lot of energy and requires precise calculation to navigate with!

If the Necromonicon use Hit-And-Run tactics they will be hard to stop, the Mothersphere will only be able to be in one place at a time while they strike all around!

I know that the Necromonicon only need supply's and technology! And I know just where they will get it from! Ha ha  ;)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1171 on: June 10, 2006, 04:30:36 am »
Yeah once those buggers get inside of a mother sphere then it is bad news for all. Thats why the Nauceans would rather selfdestruct into a black hole than give up the ship to creatures like those.

Also there was mother spheres than the Sina and Serina. Infact there is one for each of the Naucean Gods. Its just they have not came into play yet. Some are way out in the far reches of the galaxy. Think of them as mobile planets.

Just wait until you see the Mother Sphere "Po". Its a small(er) but experimental sphere who is taking the next phase in bending space travel, they are bending time now. Note this will be the special unit that is very hard to duplicated by the Nauceans let alone other races  in this fanfic role playing forum games. Time travel is powerful and should not be abused by people. I am even resistant to develop it. but it is making logical sense for them to over time to eventually develope it as one of their trade mark technologies.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 04:37:18 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 10, 2006, 05:02:41 am »
As an experimental device, perhaps it could allow only small jumps through time... say a few hours. Or maybe time bending in the sense that you can accelerate or slow a specific area while the rest of the universe continues at normal speed. So you could maybe keep a dangerous prisoner in a slow-time field to stop them escaping, or speed up time for a patient recovering from illness or injury so they can get back to work/war faster.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1173 on: June 10, 2006, 05:07:04 am »
As an experimental device, perhaps it could allow only small jumps through time... say a few hours. Or maybe time bending in the sense that you can accelerate or slow a specific area while the rest of the universe continues at normal speed. So you could maybe keep a dangerous prisoner in a slow-time field to stop them escaping, or speed up time for a patient recovering from illness or injury so they can get back to work/war faster.

It will have limited jumps as well as beam capability to alter space within the beam. For instance causing time to speed up within the beam or reverse within the beam. Imagine planet un-blowing up or Necromonicon starving within a beam that lasts for centuries yet to the sphere appears to only be on for a few hours. Note these feature cannot just be done any time. They take a long time to charge up, calculate and execute without something going wrong.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 10, 2006, 05:21:57 am »
Why just not fit 9 stellar converters and a time warp facility on a Doom Star?  :D
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 10, 2006, 07:13:42 am »
Why just not fit 9 stellar converters and a time warp facility on a Doom Star?  :D
Because you just made that up.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 10, 2006, 07:29:07 am »
Because you just made that up.

Actually i did not. Is a blueprint for a super planet destroyer in Master of Orion 2. With it you can shout 18 times with the most destructive weapon in Master or Orion. Usually you do not have that must use for that kind of destructive power but is a fun built. There are builds however that are even more powerfull however but the Doom Star with 9 stellar converters and a time warp facility is one of the most striate forward builds for Ultimate Weapon of the Universe. (Think of the Death Star x 18.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 10:24:43 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 10, 2006, 09:04:42 am »
Yeah once those buggers get inside of a mother sphere then it is bad news for all. Thats why the Nauceans would rather selfdestruct into a black hole than give up the ship to creatures like those.

This gave me an idea... Reckoning that mother spheres are the size of a small moon, would it not be reasonable for actual wars to be fought inside of them due to an invasion force getting inside or somthing? I know you said they'd normally self-destruct... but what if one of the sphere were decommisioned and set in orbit of some far-off planet?
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #1178 on: June 10, 2006, 11:48:28 am »
I am so happy you're all so eager to find a way to defeat me already when none of your races have even met the Necromonicon yet haha seriously though lets stop hijacking Hydros thread, please post any new Necromonicon debates in their official thread here:

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5008.0

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 10, 2006, 12:20:46 pm »

This gave me an idea... Reckoning that mother spheres are the size of a small moon, would it not be reasonable for actual wars to be fought inside of them due to an invasion force getting inside or somthing? I know you said they'd normally self-destruct... but what if one of the sphere were decommisioned and set in orbit of some far-off planet?
That would be awesome. Battles through city-sized tunnels for control of the sphere  :o

Offline ollj

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • "procedurally generated"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 10, 2006, 02:00:11 pm »
quick render of the very small isle.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1181 on: June 10, 2006, 02:59:33 pm »
Yes this map in a top down view like satelite photos or just any less blurry style would be good. Rivers, coastlines and hills must be at the same pixels. only ground vegetation. No large structures like cities or trees on it. Increasing size would be good.

Here are some for you ...

No Names, Equator or Cities

Etopo-Landmask

Tell me what else you need.

quick render of the very small isle.

That is looking very good! I have no idea on the heights on the mountains. Just however high they need to be to have snow on a tropical planet. Think MT Kilimanjaro, a snowy mountain in the tropics.

Also don't forget there are 2 suns in the sky. A small Red dwarf thats is the center of the solar system and a blue giant that is neighboring the solar system.

Here are textures for the moons.

Sina (Small Moon - 2/3 the size of Sirenia-  diameter = 2,333 km)

Sirenia (Large Moon - diameter = 3,500 km)

Nauceanica - diameter = 12,000 KM

As reference
Earth's diameter = 12,756.3 KM
Moon's diameter = 3,476 KM
Mars' diameter = 6,794 KM
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:57:07 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1182 on: June 11, 2006, 02:07:30 am »

Here is a River Tribe Fisherman. They were important for the River tribe since their homes were on the water. They use little reed boats that have holes in which their flippers and tail can fit though and the use them to propell them though the water yet still stay on the top of the surface from the buoyancy of the boat. In the boat is a basket in which they catch "nauish" or Nauceanica-Fish. They used domesticated Pucks to dive into the water and catch the nauish. There are 4 kinds of Pucks, one that are trained to catch nauish, one that lay many eggs and one that get very fat and are eatten. There also have been known to have fighting male Pucks that have razor sharp bills and fight each other to the death. Nauceans gamble on these for who will win.

Once a Puck has caught a nauish it is toped by a rope in which is around their neck so they cannot swallow it. After a day on the river the fisherman unties the rope and feed them a portion of the nauish for their good work and ride back home on little perches on either side of the small reed boat. With for pucks they can get about 100 nauish per day (average 25 per puck). The Naucean fisherman work together by making a big circle of reed boats with nets dragging so the larger nauish cannot escape and then the pucks pick them off. This allows for the younger nauish to survive and grow bigger to reproductive age, thus allowing for the population of nauish to last indefinitely with this balance of fishing. Some fishermans have been known to travel with river flowits to who swim outside of the nets and scare away water predators like swoarks and eelish.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:02:15 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 11, 2006, 03:15:02 am »
Very nice! I imagine them in lake Titikaka for some reason. :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1184 on: June 11, 2006, 03:20:50 am »
Very nice! I imagine them in lake Titikaka for some reason. :)

Why is that? If anything i would think you would be thinking of Fisherman in China where they use comerant in the same way.