Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 719223 times)

Offline Tharrik

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #1155 on: June 09, 2006, 04:49:59 pm »
Well, after several hours, I have read the entire thread, pages 1 through 78.  Interesting stuff and I thank you for it.

In the Hydro at E3 thread, you mentioned that it was harder to make something planned than to make something from just playing with the clay in the editor.  Do you think you will be able to make a fair approximation of the Naucean when the editor is finalized, and you have the opportunity to take your time building it?  In other words, did you see the right kinds of parts avaliable in the creature editor that you will need for a Naucean?

Offline ollj

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • "procedurally generated"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 09, 2006, 05:04:25 pm »
Unfinished planet model now has 3000 polygons, will have ~4000 polygons, twice as much as the naucean model:

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1157 on: June 09, 2006, 05:37:02 pm »
Well, after several hours, I have read the entire thread, pages 1 through 78.  Interesting stuff and I thank you for it.

In the Hydro at E3 thread, you mentioned that it was harder to make something planned than to make something from just playing with the clay in the editor.  Do you think you will be able to make a fair approximation of the Naucean when the editor is finalized, and you have the opportunity to take your time building it?  In other words, did you see the right kinds of parts available in the creature editor that you will need for a Naucean?

You could have just red the stuff on Spore Wiki. the link is the first thing in red on the first page. its all in historical order and without all the other comments. LOL I applaud you for reading it all.

Well it all depends upon what finally comes out. form what was at E3, no. The tentacles were broken, the "floots" were not there and there was no 2 thumbed hand. I mean i could make it, but it will be as different as my Woolly gruntrerium concept to the final in editor. In short it will sort of resemble it but not exactly. However there its lot of time between now and the release and they could surprise me with new parts as well as me playing with the editor more once i get it.

As for the planet i doubt i will get so many biomes. I will probably be limited to like a river tribe are rather than having mountain, desert, jungle and so on all on the same planet. Thats if i can even creature the planet first or after i have made it to UFO stage with a another species making it.

Unfinished planet model now has 3000 polygons, will have ~4000 polygons, twice as much as the naucean model:

That's really cool! It too bad there is all the junk on the map. Would you like me to convirt that map to one that has no junk on it like text and stuff?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 05:41:32 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1158 on: June 09, 2006, 05:52:28 pm »

This is Aohoshi Village at 557,500 A.S. It is just a small Iron Age village that live up at the end of the treeline. They use the conifer trees for wood and gather their water from the snow. They live in hide covered yurts with stone bases. On the far right of the picture you can see a barn in which they hold their prized woolly gobblehorn. They hunt in the forest and fish in the streams. They now raise the woollys rather than following the migration rout of the wild woolly gobblehorns like in the past. They do not grow crops due to the harsh soil how ever they do eat moss and lichen that grows on the rocks around as well as roasted conenuts from the conifer trees. The village is surround by a palisade wall and the entrance is decorated with woolly gobblehorn antlers. The single path that winds down the mountain leads to the Grassland and River tribes in which they trade goods. They also from time to time travel deep into the mountains to the caves in which the Cave Tribe live in, though as time goes on they visit them less and less.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:53:00 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline ollj

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • "procedurally generated"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 09, 2006, 07:01:39 pm »
Yes this map in a top down view like satelite photos or just any less blurry style would be good. Rivers, coastlines and hills must be at the same pixels. only ground vegetation. No large structures like cities or trees on it. Increasing size would be good.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #1160 on: June 09, 2006, 08:28:49 pm »
Hey hydro, just thought I'd mention that your nauceans are actually one of the reasons I wanted to start making a creature in the first place, they kick ass, so good job *thumbs up* haha :P they're kind of like the opposite of my Necromonicons, evolving on a water world instead of my heated lava planet. But I read your posts and I'm glad you like my creatures too and I hope there can be a long horrific war between our two species ;D

I wish I could draw as well as you, I really want to get a pic up of my Necromonicon. In my head it looks beautiful, even for a giant armored ostrich from hell.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1161 on: June 09, 2006, 10:06:51 pm »
Well i am glad i inspired you Necro. I am sure the Nauceans will be a good opponent. They may not have lived on such a hash planet but they did go though their own share of horrific wars bettween their own tribes in past history. In also love how you give logical explanations for why things are they way they are rather than saying "because I said so". I think that is key for a believable creature. To give reason why even if they are bazaar and diffrent :D

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #1162 on: June 09, 2006, 10:12:25 pm »
I am a person who really beleives in honesty. And facts can't lie. Too often people claim things and are caught in their lies because they cannot logically justify or explain certain things. Nothing says "beleiveable" like accurate facts and having an answer to any question that can be posed.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 09, 2006, 10:39:25 pm »
I am a person who really beleives in honesty. And facts can't lie. Too often people claim things and are caught in their lies because they cannot logically justify or explain certain things. Nothing says "beleiveable" like accurate facts and having an answer to any question that can be posed.

Are you atheist? Sorry about the random question, just wondering.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #1164 on: June 09, 2006, 10:46:37 pm »

Are you atheist? Sorry about the random question, just wondering.

I'm agnostic: I don't beleive in God because I have seen no proof he exists, the big bang theory makes just as much sense to me as intelligent design. However, if someone could show me undenyable proof God existed, I would admit it. However that has yet to happen. Also, I don't feel I need a God or a religion to give purpose to my life, I have enough faith in myself to get along just fine  :D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1165 on: June 09, 2006, 10:52:08 pm »
I feel the same way about things.

Anyways no more hijacking my thread Vivec :P

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #1166 on: June 09, 2006, 10:59:02 pm »
Hey hydro... you must be getting sick of drawing nauceans all the time... I give you permission to try and draw my Necromonicon... you know, if you feel up to the challenge... or I could go to someone like Bonemouse to try if you don't think you can handle it... hahaha  ;)

Seriously though, I would be honored if you'd say yes.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 09, 2006, 11:02:53 pm »
whether you want me to or not, i'm definately going to try and draw one tomorrow; they're just too cool to pass up!   ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #1168 on: June 09, 2006, 11:07:29 pm »
Knock yourself out Ghost, I'm sure anything you draw will be a hundred times better than anything I'll chickenscratch lol

This is also the end of my thread stealing Hydro lol no worries
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 11:25:21 pm by TheNecromonicon »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 10, 2006, 01:52:53 am »
Hey hydro, just thought I'd mention that your nauceans are actually one of the reasons I wanted to start making a creature in the first place, they kick ass, so good job *thumbs up* haha :P they're kind of like the opposite of my Necromonicons, evolving on a water world instead of my heated lava planet. But I read your posts and I'm glad you like my creatures too and I hope there can be a long horrific war between our two species ;D

A war with the Nauceans would be short and bloodless... for the Nauceans. What would happen is:
1. Mother sphere warps into an occupied system.
2. Mother Sphere wipes out entire enemy presence in said system.
3. Mother Sphere warps into the next occupied system.
4. Go to 2
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.