Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 732354 times)

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #1095 on: June 01, 2006, 11:06:09 pm »
He/She is in animation class. He/she just chose to use the Nauceans.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1096 on: June 01, 2006, 11:09:59 pm »
He/She is in animation class. He/she just chose to use the Nauceans.

He (see picture of me from E3)
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4325.0

Offline Kratok

• View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #1097 on: June 01, 2006, 11:20:44 pm »
Thanks, though itll probably take an hour to load that all

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 01, 2006, 11:26:23 pm »
Thanks, though itll probably take an hour to load that all

let me be helpful for once

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h202/Hydromancerx/E3014.jpg
hydro is the one with the goatsee

Offline Kratok

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 01, 2006, 11:39:10 pm »
I loaded that one first. I just wanted to see them all (yes, I mean my computer wouldint load them automaticly so I had to do it slightly manually

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 02, 2006, 03:17:35 am »
Hydro, with the sad walking naucean, I gotta say fix the tenticles! They just snap from place to place when they need to be more fluid-y, also with his arms dragging on the floor, try and make them allways touch at the same height on the ground - I'd say look at where the right foot is when its on the ground and the left foot when on the ground (the way he's facing, the left should be slightly heigher) and try to get them somewhere inbetween...

Also, try and get the loop to go back as close to the first frame as possible - the tail rocks but snaps up on what I assume is the last frame - and allways remember dimensions when drawing (the nauceans hip seems to move all over the place and he changes jean size every other frame :D) His head rocks though and the cave-man is good - I can tell you useda skelital structure for him, try and do that with the naucean too =D

Otherwise, you'r definatly getting better *nod*

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 02, 2006, 06:02:15 am »
OK, I was bored, so I did this just randomly:

Devart ~ naucean skelital animation

It uses frame-by-frame animation, but using pre-made parts. I don't use tweening much any more, but on a side note - remember that animator i suggested a while back, well that would use tweening :D

Offline ollj

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • "procedurally generated"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 02, 2006, 07:59:14 am »
proportions test for a new model:

noticed:
nose is too high.
eyes too big.
neck is waytoo thin.
body and back of head missing. this makes the head look too big and the leg look too small, but its not.
real mouth is NOT too small, just too far outide.
fin may be too small.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 08:59:59 am by ollj »

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 02, 2006, 09:30:07 am »
proportions test for a new model:

noticed:
nose is too high.
eyes too big.
neck is waytoo thin.
body and back of head missing. this makes the head look too big and the leg look too small, but its not.
real mouth is NOT too small, just too far outide.
fin may be too small.

I was gonna point alot of that out but I see you got it allready ;D
Still good... I need to work on my 3D stuff too...

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 02, 2006, 11:34:47 am »
Its still good though

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline ollj

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • "procedurally generated"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 02, 2006, 01:14:50 pm »
Finished the head to check proportions after mirroring a half head.

Front view only looks goot in parallel (mittle) and ugly in perspective(left). Still many spiky roundings found after mirrorin the body half (arrows).
Nauceans have an awfull field of view, efen with a small head! This seems to proof that the front end of the head is not wider than the midle, only higher.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 01:37:43 pm by ollj »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1106 on: June 02, 2006, 04:16:08 pm »

It uses frame-by-frame animation, but using pre-made parts. I don't use tweening much any more, but on a side note - remember that animator i suggested a while back, well that would use tweening :D

You forgot a joint. The have a tucked in joint on the tip of their foot so it can extend out like a flipper. You should be looking at my skelleton again.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 02, 2006, 04:18:44 pm »

You forgot a joint. The have a tucked in joint on the tip of their foot so it can extend out like a flipper. You should be looking at my skelleton again.

It's just a basic stick figure like a stick-man, not *every* bone will be there, and it'd animate just fine without it :D

Actually, I tryed making the walking animation move over distance, it actually works quite well...

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1108 on: June 02, 2006, 04:23:00 pm »
Finished the head to check proportions after mirroring a half head.

Front view only looks goot in parallel (mittle) and ugly in perspective(left). Still many spiky roundings found after mirrorin the body half (arrows).
Nauceans have an awfull field of view, efen with a small head! This seems to proof that the front end of the head is not wider than the midle, only higher.

This looked good. And no they don't have the best forward vision. But they can see on either side well.

It's just a basic stick figure like a stick-man, not *every* bone will be there, and it'd animate just fine without it :D

Actually, I tryed making the walking animation move over distance, it actually works quite well...

Well that was an important part in the walk cycle. for instance in my normal walk cycle it come all the way out into the extenced flipper and then goes back. Think of the "floot" as being a stretchy sack in which the bones and mucles inside can deform the foot into a cone or a flipper.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 04:25:58 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 02, 2006, 04:29:47 pm »

This looked good. And no they don't have the best forward vision. But they can see on either side well.

Well that was an important part in the walk cycle. for instance in my normal walk cycle it come all the way out into the extenced flipper and then goes back. Think of the "floot" as being a stretchy sack in which the bones and mucles inside can deform the foot into a cone or a flipper.

Why would it come out to a flipper, exactly? It has to be move forwards and liftend off the ground - it was hard enough trying to get it off the ground enough to swing whilst keeping the bones the same length as it is. The way I see it, if they put their feet out into a full cone during swing, the feet would have to swing outwards...

Iunno, 'tis your creature, just makes sence to pull the foot back up for casual walking...