Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 718286 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #930 on: April 27, 2006, 12:31:02 pm »
Hey Hydro... can we learn a little bit about the Swamp Tribe please?

Yeah i have been putting them off since they were rather boring. You know they get like to like the Bronze age and then stop. Then are taken over by in the River Tribe Exploration Age and brought into Slavery. Other than that here is not much about them. I will try to make a little cultural overview picture and description thing soon.

Wow, and the energy output required to nullify that amount of force? I wouldn't even want to start calculating that.

Force = G x Mass1 x Mass2 / Distance2

The mass of the Planet we can assume to be that of the Earth - 5.97 1021 tonnes
The mass of the ship we know to be 2.25 1018 tonnes
Geostationary orbit is about 38 km.
G is of course 6.67 x 10-11 N m2/kg2

Mass1 * Mass2 = 1.344195 1043 kilograms
divide this by 3800 metres squared and multiply it by G, gives you a total force of 6.21 1025 N just to hold the thing where it is.

Correct my maths if it's wrong, please.

Its a good thing they can fold space and appear where they need to be. Also remember this is based on the game. Not everything is realistic now :P Remember is the fun factor vs reality. Like will Wright said for Sim City's Nuclear Power Plant, they don't blow up in a mushroom cloud and have glowing green radiation but people assumed that. I mean even Trenoble did not blow up like that and there was defiantly now glowing green radiation ... just normal invisible(from the naked eye) radiation.

I would never dream about questioning your calculations but remember the energy needed to warp gravity and space into a wormhole is nearly infinitely more energy consuming than just nullifying its oven gravitational pull. i would suspect that the Nauceans only use this Wormhole drive when traveling over LONG distances.

I must admit it pussels me that the Nauceans have more of these ships since the financial stress of having a fleet of ships that makes the Death Star look small and unimportant must be extreme.

but then again; they ARE the Nauceans.   ;D

It's not like they have fleets of these things. I have not decided how many yet. But so far there are 2 and atleast one more in the Naucean Solar system protecting their homeworld.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 12:39:23 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #931 on: April 27, 2006, 01:32:05 pm »
Cool mothership Hydro!  :) All galactic species should have one. ID4, Star Wars, Star Trek, and so on. Lucky they're not warriors. A ship capable of wielding energy larger than that of red giants is no fair opponent.  :P

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 28, 2006, 08:48:06 am »
Yeah i have been putting them off since they were rather boring. You know they get like to like the Bronze age and then stop. Then are taken over by in the River Tribe Exploration Age and brought into Slavery. Other than that here is not much about them. I will try to make a little cultural overview picture and description thing soon.

That's cool. Maybe you could have a little thing in there about the unique style of theater the Swamps have?  :)
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #933 on: April 29, 2006, 03:42:33 am »

The Swamp Tribe is one of the more primitive tribes. They live in mud homes and are dirty all the time. They only get to the bronze age before being captured and put into slavery by the River, Desert, Grasslands and Mountain Tribes during their Exploration Age. Eventually after the Anti-Slavery War the Swamp Tribe race are all but assimilated into the various other tribes as mixed bloods. It is rare to find a pure blood swamp tribe. However (especially in the river tribe) you may see Nauceans with the swamp tribes signature shovel-like pseudo-mandible or a smaller stubby tail and rounded flippers. They are about the size of a Desert tribe (2/3rd River Tribe, 1/2 Ocean Tribe size). In the picture you can see a hunter covered in mud with a Swamp flowit. These flowits have huge webbed feet so it can stand on the top of the muddy surface. Also their tails have flattened like a long beaver tail. Their snouts have also gotten longer in case they sink in the mud they can lift their heads and breathe. Over all the Swamp tribe are just a strong, stout and muddy tribe who are one of the hartyest tribes of all the Nauceans to survive for so long in an environment with no solid land and no clean water.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:36:03 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 29, 2006, 03:50:58 am »
Nice picture!

That's kind of sad, the fact they never had the opportunity to evolve and build an advanced culture...  :(

Reminds me of many tribes here on earth

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 29, 2006, 03:55:15 am »
yeah its kinda sad, but i guess its what can happen
he's very muddy
Under construction

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 29, 2006, 04:18:06 am »
Evolution at work... Nice picture, sucks to be them!  :P

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #937 on: April 29, 2006, 03:44:59 pm »
Evolution at work... Nice picture, sucks to be them!  :P

LOL

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #938 on: April 30, 2006, 05:01:07 am »

Here is  part of the Naucean Pantheon. In the center is of Course the creator goddess Nauceanica who is said to make everything in the Universal Sea. The top left is Au Nauceanica's Bother who is said to have existed then Nauceanica made everything, though some say she even made him, while the Desert Tribe believe that it was Au who made everything not Nauceanica. Many religious wars have been over this issue of who created who. To the to right is Aohshi is is also Nauceanica's brother and also existed during the beginning of time. But unlike Au no one believes he many the universe but they do believe he is the protector of it. Since Nauceans have more than one child (usually 2 or 3) they believe they were all born in the same cosmic clutch by an unknown egg layer. Basically which came first the Naucean or the Egg problem. Au is represented by the Red Dwarf Sun (by the same name) that the planet Nauceanica orbits around. And Aohoshi is represented by the neighboring solar system's Blue Super Giant Star (by the same name). The reason he is the protector is because the huge star divers many large objects to its solar system rather that the Naucean's one.

In Naucenica's hands he holds out good and evil, light and dark and the poloar opposites. Her task is to balance these two forces. In her lower oral tentacles she holds her 2 daughters Serina and Sina which are represented by the 2 moons that orbit the planet Nauceanica (by the same names). Serina is tall and large just like the moon and is outgoing. This is manifested though the huge tidal forces it creates. Sina is small and short just like the moon and is shy. This is manifested by how little her tidal effects are compared to Serina. Sina's pet flowit is named Po. Po eventually got separated from her and exists at the edge of the solar system. In reality the Planet Po is glorified commet that ran into Sina and then bounced off and eventually was captured at the edge of the solar system. The crater from this on sina is huge and is called "Po's Bite". This incident also moved Sina's orbit from closer to the planet than Serina to farther away than Serina. In mythology they believe she is father out because she is reach out for Po to come back.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:36:30 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 30, 2006, 05:48:50 am »
Very nice! Naucean religion was a bit fuzzy to be before.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #940 on: April 30, 2006, 03:50:34 pm »
What was the Naucean Industrial Revolution like?

Trains, Cowboys, Plantations, Slavery ...

Industrial Age
http://www.sporewiki.com/Naucean_Civilization_Stage_%28Concept%29#Industrial_Age

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 30, 2006, 06:42:52 pm »
it looks good that one hydro
Under construction

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 30, 2006, 07:03:39 pm »
Dang, they must have all of EA looking at this Hydro! this is the 3rd most viewed thread on the entire site.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #943 on: May 01, 2006, 11:40:28 pm »

There is the Naucean Sphere Runner (350 m). They were used to run cargo and Nauceans between solar systems. This is the smallest craft with interstellar drive. Basically its a Naucean Sphere Fighter with 5 interstellar drive rockets. This craft is not the most protected and only has the weaponry of any fighter. It may be faster it is not made to be a fighting craft. It great for a quick get away when you don't have a space folding mother sphere around.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:51:18 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 02, 2006, 12:12:45 am »
What was the first alien race the Nauceans discovered... and when?
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL