Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 718324 times)

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #915 on: April 26, 2006, 12:10:15 pm »
thats not a bad idea, but kind off unfair for the peopl who can't draw (pictures = more people looking in and posting)
I agree with Chicken. If someone goes out and makes a master race, we all have the maturity level to ignore them, or publically ridicule them.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 26, 2006, 01:37:42 pm »
I think it's generally considered that the Nauceans are one of the oldest and most advanced species in our little Fanfic thing. Note the One Of. It's important.
Hmmm. I predict the arrival of some hastily invented 'Master race' which is the best at everything for no reason. I think the power of a creature should be guaged by popularity.

Not so much by popularity, but by effort put into it. Some people can't draw, that shoudn't be held against them. However, if they have been adding new and deep info for 1-2 months, then they deserve to have respect! Eh?
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #917 on: April 26, 2006, 03:14:50 pm »

The Nauceans have been around for waaaay longer than the other creatures. Theyve had time to develop freakin sweet spaceships. I think the other dots in that picture are actually stars, not other motherspheres.

The whte dots are stars, the green dots are these...

I think it's generally considered that the Nauceans are one of the oldest and most advanced species in our little Fanfic thing. Note the One Of. It's important.
Hmmm. I predict the arrival of some hastily invented 'Master race' which is the best at everything for no reason. I think the power of a creature should be guaged by popularity.

The reason its so old is becuase i have posted info about them for so long. I would think the Kazea would come out 2nd in the time scale. Sicne Huggs has been around for a long time too as well as continual work. In short the amount of work you produce should really determine how old you are. and i think i am up to almost 200 seperate drawings and descriptions.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:34:45 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 26, 2006, 05:16:58 pm »
The reason its so old is becuase i have posted info about them for so long. I would think the Kazea would come out 2nd in the time scale. Sicne Huggs has been around for a long time too as well as continual work. In short the amount of work you produce should really determine how old you are. and i think i am up to almost 200 seperate drawings and descriptions.

i think huggs considers the kazeans mildly young in the galactic timescale, since he does them mainly chronological and whatnot...and so that means my torpal would be mildly near-ancient too, right? ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

werechicken

« Reply #919 on: April 26, 2006, 05:22:34 pm »
while I have said that my caarnth are in theory ancient (they where in space millions of years ago), they are fairly young in actual age (they spent allot of that time in cryogenic hibernation), they just have impressive technology because they are better at understanding precursor technolog - for obvious reasons, they knew many of these races before the hibernation and before those races became all powerful, I'm saying this so no one accuses me of trying to make the so-called ancient super race

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #920 on: April 27, 2006, 01:15:52 am »

Here is another diagram to explain how the oral tenticles work inside the head of a Naucean since some people still do not understand it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:35:30 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #921 on: April 27, 2006, 05:43:10 am »
Hey, Hydro, what is the approx diameter of a Mother Sphere? I only ask because I want to draw a comparison against my Command Cylinder (which is 300 km long).

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #922 on: April 27, 2006, 05:50:42 am »
Hey, Hydro, what is the approx diameter of a Mother Sphere? I only ask because I want to draw a comparison against my Command Cylinder (which is 300 km long).

Oy i have no idea. I am terrible at exact numbers. I just made it as big as the 2 moons of the Nuacean homeworld. Also both (so far) are the same size as each. So i would say  the big moon is about the size of Earth's moon and the other is 2/3rds the size of the other one. So find the diameter of Earth moon and then you will know how big the Mother Spheres in short.

Earth's Moon Size = Mother Sphere - Serina
2/3rd the Size of Earth's Moon = Mother Sphere - Sina

I hope this helps cause i look at thing relative to other thing, rather than the numerical size.

EDIT: The moon's Diameter is 3,476 KM

So i would say the Mother Sphere - Serina's diameter is aprox 3,500 KM
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 05:53:56 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #923 on: April 27, 2006, 05:55:39 am »
Thanks. I was thinking of making a Vehicle size comparison thing, it would have to be done at different scales.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 27, 2006, 06:45:09 am »

Oh man, the biggest ships in the Icthian fleet are only about 400 metres long. The fighters, about 7 or 8.

I suppose we're the swarm of bees to your elephants.

Calculations:

Volume of a Naucean Mother Sphere: Approximately 22500000000000000000 cubic metres

Being exceptionally generous, and assuming an overall density of 0.1 g/cm3 (for comparison, water is 1 and air is 0.12), this comes out at about

2.25 1018 tonnes

That's enough to cause severe problems to any planet it orbits, in terms of tidal forces.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 07:09:57 am by Daxx »

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 27, 2006, 06:47:04 am »

Oh man, the biggest ships in the Icthian fleet are only about 400 metres long. The fighters, about 7 or 8.

For Oviraptor, you might be some wasps.

For Hydro, you're just fleas. ;)
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 27, 2006, 07:02:16 am »
Hey Hydro... can we learn a little bit about the Swamp Tribe please?
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 27, 2006, 07:22:14 am »

Calculations:

Volume of a Naucean Mother Sphere: Approximately 22500000000000000000 cubic metres

Being exceptionally generous, and assuming an overall density of 0.1 g/cm3 (for comparison, water is 1 and air is 0.12), this comes out at about

2.25 1018 tonnes

That's enough to cause severe problems to any planet it orbits, in terms of tidal forces.

I would imagine that the vessel uses some sort of gravity bending tool to negate the gravity pull of the Sphere (the same way they make wormholes)  ;)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 27, 2006, 07:38:39 am »
Wow, and the energy output required to nullify that amount of force? I wouldn't even want to start calculating that.

Force = G x Mass1 x Mass2 / Distance2

The mass of the Planet we can assume to be that of the Earth - 5.97 1021 tonnes
The mass of the ship we know to be 2.25 1018 tonnes
Geostationary orbit is about 38 km.
G is of course 6.67 x 10-11 N m2/kg2

Mass1 * Mass2 = 1.344195 1043 kilograms
divide this by 3800 metres squared and multiply it by G, gives you a total force of 6.21 1025 N just to hold the thing where it is.

Correct my maths if it's wrong, please.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 07:42:11 am by Daxx »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 27, 2006, 10:17:28 am »
Wow, and the energy output required to nullify that amount of force? I wouldn't even want to start calculating that.

Force = G x Mass1 x Mass2 / Distance2

The mass of the Planet we can assume to be that of the Earth - 5.97 1021 tonnes
The mass of the ship we know to be 2.25 1018 tonnes
Geostationary orbit is about 38 km.
G is of course 6.67 x 10-11 N m2/kg2

Mass1 * Mass2 = 1.344195 1043 kilograms
divide this by 3800 metres squared and multiply it by G, gives you a total force of 6.21 1025 N just to hold the thing where it is.

Correct my maths if it's wrong, please.

I would never dream about questioning your calculations but remember the energy needed to warp gravity and space into a wormhole is nearly infinitely more energy consuming than just nullifying its oven gravitational pull. i would suspect that the Nauceans only use this Wormhole drive when traveling over LONG distances.

I must admit it pussels me that the Nauceans have more of these ships since the financial stress of having a fleet of ships that makes the Death Star look small and unimportant must be extreme.

but then again; they ARE the Nauceans.   ;D