Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 717005 times)

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #840 on: April 19, 2006, 03:57:04 am »
thanks heeps na i wont ask i rather figure it out my self

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #841 on: April 19, 2006, 08:27:47 am »
Nice balltank Hydro! That's a good way to deviate from the common tank stereotype.

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 19, 2006, 08:48:01 am »
damn the program didnt work properly on my comp dang it yeah i think the tank is very cool

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 19, 2006, 09:15:26 am »
That Ball Turret Weel Tank (long name) is great indeed.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 19, 2006, 09:20:26 am »
what if it falls over?

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 19, 2006, 09:21:39 am »
Or what if it will shoot his wheel.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 19, 2006, 09:22:20 am »

i thought of that too. kinda like the tail gunner in the old war planes shooting thier own tails off.

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 19, 2006, 09:29:14 am »
Exactly, it's not really safe in there. Hmm, maybe there is some sort of safety mechanic

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 19, 2006, 09:43:35 am »
What if it tries to go over deep mud? The guy in the ball will be like "crap."

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 19, 2006, 10:43:22 am »
what if it falls over?

Did you even read the description.

Very nice Hydro.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 19, 2006, 10:51:58 am »
what if it falls over?

Did you even read the description.

Very nice Hydro.

I agree it is very nice. And i skimmed the info, sorry Hydro. You did think it through.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #851 on: April 19, 2006, 03:06:38 pm »
what if it falls over?

Here is a River Tribe Ball Turret Wheel Tank used during the Atomic War. These were painted with desert cammo so when not moving it could hide from the Desert Tribe. These wheel could move over sand dunes with eases and reverse direction quickly. Like a Earth wheel bike the outside wheel spins while the internal wheel stays stable. This movement works like a gyro scope. Inside is a ball turret similar to the ball gun turrets used on the bottom of World War II air craft. These can turn 360 degrees around as well and rotative up and down and diagonal. The only way it cannot move is completly over the top because of the guns. Gunner of these were very accurate and it had a fail safe system in which if the gun was behind the wheel it would not fire. Once it cleared it it could continue.The cockpit holds 2 Nauceans side by side one looks out the window and shoots while the pilot reads the controls with a primitive view screen. This was the first use of any sort of screen since televesion was not invented yet. The displace showed a black and white image from 4 cameras that were positions on either side of the conical coll um that held the sphere in place. This part never moved thus 2 faced forward and 2 backwards once they were traveling in reverse. If the wheel fell over to one side to the other for any reason hydrolic lifts on the wheel part will pop it back up. The Wheel tank was not only very fast and could go on any terrain but was actually well armored. everything from the treads to the ball turret its self was heavily armored. Since they did not have brakes they had to use reverse to get it to a stop. The plots of these were called "Blind Tornados" because of all the sand it kicked up and how most had to use their other instruments rather than the cameras to even know where they were going.

Your answer is in bold.

Here is a River Tribe Ball Turret Wheel Tank used during the Atomic War. These were painted with desert cammo so when not moving it could hide from the Desert Tribe. These wheel could move over sand dunes with eases and reverse direction quickly. Like a Earth wheel bike the outside wheel spins while the internal wheel stays stable. This movement works like a gyro scope. Inside is a ball turret similar to the ball gun turrets used on the bottom of World War II air craft. These can turn 360 degrees around as well and rotative up and down and diagonal. The only way it cannot move is completly over the top because of the guns. Gunner of these were very accurate and it had a fail safe system in which if the gun was behind the wheel it would not fire. Once it cleared it it could continue.The cockpit holds 2 Nauceans side by side one looks out the window and shoots while the pilot reads the controls with a primitive view screen. This was the first use of any sort of screen since televesion was not invented yet. The displace showed a black and white image from 4 cameras that were positions on either side of the conical coll um that held the sphere in place. This part never moved thus 2 faced forward and 2 backwards once they were traveling in reverse.]If the wheel fell over to one side to the other for any reason hydrolic lifts on the wheel part will pop it back up. The Wheel tank was not only very fast and could go on any terrain but was actually well armored. everything from the treads to the ball turret its self was heavily armored. Since they did not have brakes they had to use reverse to get it to a stop. The plots of these were called "Blind Tornados" because of all the sand it kicked up and how most had to use their other instruments rather than the cameras to even know where they were going.

Your answer is in bold.

What if it tries to go over deep mud? The guy in the ball will be like "crap."

These were made for desert battle against the Desert tribe. There is not much mud. However they are venerable to mud and quicksand. The desert tribe took advantage of this weakness and set up quicksand traps for them.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 03:10:27 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #852 on: April 19, 2006, 03:28:27 pm »

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 19, 2006, 03:48:55 pm »
Could that thig maybe have been influenced by those Star Wars rolling things?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 19, 2006, 04:05:17 pm »
Ha! Mud>Nauceans.