Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 732168 times)

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #795 on: April 08, 2006, 12:10:41 pm »
then your people must go next, sorry. but hydro challenged me, by saying , yeah right, i must accet  8) see you soon. . . . . .  :-*
Never mind your own business.

Offline Sporific

• Battlezone Captain
  • Call me Jake. Jake Bond.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 08, 2006, 12:58:07 pm »
naucean - i vow that if i ever meet you , i will blow you up :) nothing personal,
Bah if i ever meet the Nauceans i will as i have said before i will bow down to them and let them lead my people.

Ditto. I will take over an entire galaxy and present it to the Nauceans as an offering.
LOL SPORE ON MAC.
"The surest sign that there's intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't visited us."
Quote from: lolasan
Procedurally Generate That!

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 08, 2006, 01:16:10 pm »
The Squillisk will be intrigued by the Nauceans having tentacles INSIDE their mouths instead of around them, and will quickly forge an alliance in exchange for biological data. Then they'll blow the crap out of Brutus's depressing little lump-creatures.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #798 on: April 08, 2006, 02:07:20 pm »
In Ascension Age they have time-travel... do they use it to influence Naucean (or for that matter any) history, or is it only to observe the past? Or a little bit of both?

In their super-advanced state, do some Nauceans set themselves up as gods over primitive worlds (either for worship or uplift purposes?).

They have found out they can't effect their own timeline. But can effect other time line in paralle universes. And they have strict rules about effecting the past, though some rogue Nuaceans have broken the rules over the ages. These same types of Nauceans also fancy themselves as Gods over primitive worlds. Infract one is doing so in one of the other creatures on this forums (not the Kazea ;) BTW).

BTW, how is Kazean and Naucean pronouced? I allways thought Naucean was pronouce "New-Con" but know it looks like "New-Se-En".

I belive i have said this before ...

I could be wrong 'cause I don't know the actual pronounciation of the words, but other than spelling there isn't enough similarity between the two names to cause confusion. Naucean I've thought of as being "now see un", and this new one I read as "na she un". I guess there's similarity there too, but still don't think it'd warrant a name change.

Naucean  is pronounced the same way your pronounce Nautilus (Not-L-Es) and Cetacean (Si-Ta-Shen). Thus Naucean (Naw-Shen). Which also sounds like "Nausea", which is a pun to all the oral tentacles comming out and looking like it is vomiting.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 02:14:44 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Kakistos

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Fear the Gentlemen!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 08, 2006, 02:36:06 pm »
naucean - i vow that if i ever meet you , i will blow you up :) nothing personal,
Bah if i ever meet the Nauceans i will as i have said before i will bow down to them and let them lead my people.

Ditto. I will take over an entire galaxy and present it to the Nauceans as an offering.
Well I for one will help Brutus in ridding the galaxy of the Nauceans followers!! >:( You may not wish to anger the 'all-powerful' Nauceans but I SHALL!!! >:( BTW sorry for all the quotes... my race of andol's will destroy the universe! Then Brutus and I shall stand above the ruins and rule all!!!
ALL HAIL THE GENTLEMEN

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #800 on: April 08, 2006, 03:07:36 pm »
 ???
Was it very late when you posted that? Stop spamming, please.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 09, 2006, 02:40:57 am »
 ;D
Never mind your own business.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #802 on: April 10, 2006, 03:51:49 am »

Nauceans have explored much of the galaxy during their Universal Age. One planet they especially liked was a little planet that was 3rd from their yellow star. They liked this planet because it was full of huge oceans. They took many animals from the ocean planet to study but one Nauceans scientist decided to say and study an isolated tribe of humans. This scientist was called Kanaloa by the tribe he studied. It is not surprising that he became a god to them. While there he set up an underwater base off the coast of the island chain. He learned the culture though a young human girl. Through her she was the mediator and actually learned how to speak Naucean. Durring his stay he taught her medicine in which they thought was lealing magic. Before he left he gave her this healing device which was named the "Eye of Kanaloa". This divice channels ones "ki" which is the healing quantum force that exist throughout the universe. This tradition was passed down from generation to generation of priests. Long after he left this tradition was kept alive and he turned into a legend. The humans called him a sea god, healer, teacher of magic and even underworld god due to him dissapearing into the depths of the ocean.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:23:46 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 10, 2006, 04:01:37 am »
oh thats cool, so they are now meeting humans...and it kinda reminds me of lilo and stitch ;)
Under construction

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #804 on: April 10, 2006, 04:08:06 am »
oh thats cool, so they are now meeting humans...and it kinda reminds me of lilo and stitch ;)

ROFL i guess so. Acually I went though all of Earth mythological gods i could find and all i found that fit was a squid-like God called "Kanaloa". So that's just a very cool coincidence about it being like "Lilo and Stitch".

Kanaloa
http://www.huna.org/html/ekanaloa.html
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/k/kanaloa.html

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #805 on: April 10, 2006, 05:07:13 am »
LOL, Hydro, hubris is getting to ya!  ;) Nice picture anyway, the distorting of the background combined with the sketches works well.

Offline Mayhem

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 10, 2006, 08:30:40 am »
Wow, i didnt know that palms could look that cool just by a filter :0

Nice picture.
I really love the effect you used :D

EDIT:

Lolz, u stoul d4t piktur!
http://artoftravelworldwide.com/picture_gallery/Phulay%20Beach%20Krabi_Aprime%20Resort/Beach%2002.JPG
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 08:34:10 am by Mayhem »

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 10, 2006, 08:43:20 am »
actually if you remember the movie Contact, this scene kinda reminded me of that. Except for the Hawaiian person...

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #808 on: April 10, 2006, 06:12:57 pm »
Wow, i didnt know that palms could look that cool just by a filter :0

Nice picture.
I really love the effect you used :D

EDIT:

Lolz, u stoul d4t piktur!
http://artoftravelworldwide.com/picture_gallery/Phulay%20Beach%20Krabi_Aprime%20Resort/Beach%2002.JPG

That's because it looked so boring without a background. So i added that, put a filter thing on it and even added the UFO in the sky ;)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 10, 2006, 06:19:59 pm »
awesome beach pic

but shouldn't the naucean be a bit bigger?
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]