Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 719638 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #750 on: April 05, 2006, 07:55:05 pm »
Dunno what it is but I cannot get to Spore Planet at all.
Just doesn't wanna load.

Do you have quicktime? If so and stuill not loading you might try to right click and "save target as".

______

EDIT: Now that i got it all figured out i am uploading it to google video. I will post the link to it soon. :D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 09:05:13 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 05, 2006, 09:28:39 pm »
It isn't just the movie, it is all of your site.
Can't see any of your pictures, the link in your sig doesn't work either.
I just get "The page cannot be displayed".

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #752 on: April 05, 2006, 10:38:09 pm »

EDIT: Now that i got it all figured out i am uploading it to google video. I will post the link to it soon. :D

Cool, looking forward to it!

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 05, 2006, 10:58:08 pm »
Site started working again and I must say, very awesome movie.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 05, 2006, 10:59:37 pm »
awesome pics again hydro... ;D
Under construction

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #755 on: April 06, 2006, 12:18:03 am »
Apprently before you can upload it needs to be reviewed and checked by google people. So that will take a day or 2. In the mean time if you can see it off my site then take advantage of that. If not then just hang tight until they have finished checking it.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #756 on: April 06, 2006, 01:37:55 am »

Here is a typical River Tribe Elementary School during the Modern age. Nauceans age similar to humans and during their adolescents have to go to school to learn. Durring this time they learn valuable information both academically and socially. It is encouraged for them to play, be creative and think for themselves. Nauceans have 3 schools during their life. Elementary school for the prepubescent Nauceans, High School for the teen age Nauceans and mandatory collage for the young adult Nauceans. Education is very important to Naucean society, especially for the River tribe. Nauceans parents tend to want them to become doctors, but all occupations are important to them. Nauceans also advance grade by their skill, not their age. If a Naucean cannot pass a grade they must stay until they finish. Due to the cultural influence each Naucean is greatly motivated to do the best they can and bring honor to their families. Those that drop out are frown upon by Naucean society and are sent to millitary school because education being mandatory.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:20:51 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #757 on: April 06, 2006, 03:40:14 am »
Very nice video Hydro! The music was really fitting and it was cool to see all that stuff again...  :)
And another reason to watch Castle in the Sky... Miyazaki FTW!

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
  • bwahahaha e=fish bwahahah
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 06, 2006, 07:02:22 am »
the video loads up fine for me it is right now maybe there is something wrong with your computer or some restrections on site acess?
Code:

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #759 on: April 06, 2006, 03:16:44 pm »

Awesome pick and back round story,  do they learn anything different from what we learn at earth? Like are the kids much smarter than the kids here or anything?

Think of them having an education system like in modern Japan. Where every kid is pushed to do their best and get the best grades. This minds you put stress on the Naucean youth just like in Japan, but like Japan they do have many more brilliant minds this way.

the video loads up fine for me it is right now maybe there is something wrong with your computer or some restrections on site acess?

He should upload it to google any way because some people don't have quicktime.

I already said i was putting it up on google video.

Now that i got it all figured out i am uploading it to google video. I will post the link to it soon. :D

Apprently before you can upload it needs to be reviewed and checked by google people. So that will take a day or 2. In the mean time if you can see it off my site then take advantage of that. If not then just hang tight until they have finished checking it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 03:19:25 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #760 on: April 06, 2006, 03:40:18 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 03:44:18 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline patsplats

• Zork Emperor
  • bwahahaha e=fish bwahahah
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 06, 2006, 03:58:22 pm »
dang you gota love that video especially the music
Code:

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 06, 2006, 04:18:27 pm »
Wow... I liked the video thingy. I'd try something like that, if I had the right software...And the right brand of skill.. I wonder if something like this could be done in..oh, I don't know...Flash?("hint-hint") No, I'm not saying that I have Flash...(Too broke of the $).

If your hinting at what I think your hinting at... you dissapoint me.

If you are a student, your school probably has one (and depending on their policy, might allow you to borrow a copy), or just get a substantial education discount from Macromedia.

Besides, flash is not neccessary to make this stuff... you could probably find some freeware on the web, easy. Or much cheaper movie-making software at a Best Buy or somthing. There is no need for Flash to do this kind of stuff. And certainly no need for piracy (which, if discussed and supported on these boards, could spell signifigant legal trouble for Steve. So, at least for his sake, don't do it.)
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 06, 2006, 04:27:09 pm »
Flash cant do video editing. It does animation.... I supposed if you drew everything in flash you could make something along these lines (and you could use shapetween to do a simmaler morph effect, but that tends to look bad unless you set a bunch of "morph points"), but you wouldnt really be able to morph sketches/pictures/etc unless you traced them, nor would you be able to edit any sort of video file, just mabye add some video to the animation.

But you could defently do something simmaler to this, defently a slideshow of pictures, and animation if you know how to use flash.

And by the way, nice work Hydro.
Truthfully I probably wouldnt of given this creature much of a second glance if it was just a couple pictures; but the fact that you've put so much effort into this, and have produced so many pictures, really is impressive.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 04:30:21 pm by LucasUP »
The glass is not half full or half empty. It is both.

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 06, 2006, 04:34:21 pm »
 :-X....Okay, this time I guess I'm the one who's been owned... But, I will admit: In my experiences, I have seen some absolutely phenominal(big words make me sound smart) "toons" done in flash... I know the least possible someone can know about animating stuff. As for the legal junk....I had absolutely no clue about that.

Sorry!