Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 724581 times)

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2006, 05:14:13 pm »
Ea Ocean
I know you told me these things were named after gods, but I can't help but laugh at this one  :D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2006, 09:27:09 pm »
Ea Ocean
I know you told me these things were named after gods, but I can't help but laugh at this one  :D

Yeah i laughed to becuse it had two meanings. Ea the God and EA games.  ;)

Ea the God
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/mesopotamian-mythology.php?deity=EA

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2006, 09:37:43 pm »
Ea the God
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/mesopotamian-mythology.php?deity=EA

God of EA (although technically Maxis...I know, I know...)
http://www.will-wright.com/sitepics/will15.jpg

what...I couldn't resist...

Umm, back on topic. When are you planning on developing any of the Naucean vehicles? Because I know you said you liked the idea of that coral based sub in the other thread. Oh and P.S. to all those that love the Naucean, Hydro agreed to help me out with my creature, and continues to do so(more drawings?  :D  hehe) but in exchange I started a nice little project that I will give him to use when it is done. I hope you will all enjoy it (should be done by the weekend)!

Offline Genusaus

• Dragster Diehard
  • "She Who Thirsts"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2006, 09:51:26 pm »
What's more weird is it's mystical number is 69 O_o.
Heh, it changed to 90 the next time I saw it. Yeah it could be a visitor counter.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 02:31:06 pm by Genusaus »
The power of purple! The Hundred Years War, which was won by the French started on the year of 1337.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2006, 11:34:38 pm »

Here are 3 Naucean dwellings, swamp, jungle and desert tribe.

The swamp tribe is made from mud and reed bricks and stones. Then dried in the sun and put together. Also branch frame keeps the shape due to such a wet environment. Due to the mud structure they have to be constantly repaired. Luckily the bricks are dipped in tree sap and it drys into a resin. This meas it will be more waterproof this the mud can stay together longer and not just wash way when it rains.

The jungle tribe live mostly in the trees of the jungle they make their homes from branches, leaves and vines. They build them high in the canopy of the trees above most deadly predators. They also collect water in the leaves as it rained for drinking and keeping their skin wet.Thus they do not need to go to the ground hardly at all.

The desert tribe also make mud bricks but they stay together much easier due to the arid environment of the desert. They must also stay by the rivers for the water and typically stay indoors or in the water during the day and then come out at night to work. Thy put it on the cliffs both for dense but for quick access to the water all the time. But due to flooding they do not build on the banks. The cliffs are high enough not to get washed away.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:42:21 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2006, 02:18:22 am »
Nice work Hydromancerx, I especially like the desert tribes cliff dwelling. And nice map to.

What's more weird is it's mystical number is 69 O_o.

I think thats a visitor counter.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 02:22:48 am by Henqix »

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2006, 03:05:59 am »
oh wow the desert tribe home is the one i like the most however thats a close fought thing they're all damn good

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2006, 01:13:37 pm »
oh wow the desert tribe home is the one i like the most however thats a close fought thing they're all damn good

BTW i got the idea for all thes sphere shaped homes from the game Riven. Got to given credit where credit is due.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:22:58 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2006, 01:26:15 pm »
I like the desert dwelling alot, but one thing bothers me... it has a ladder...  :P

must be hard for Naucean to climp ladders  :D

instead u could do a bridge that connects the hut with the ground, or you could do a spiralstairway  :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:27:59 pm by Zneeezzz »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2006, 01:31:44 pm »
yea, he has a point, the ladder seems more designed for humans, but thier tentacles are really strong so they can pull themselves up. so they might be able to use a ladder, but it would be designed a bit differently.

Offline Psychic_Dude

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2006, 01:34:03 pm »
I like the desert dwelling alot, but one thing bothers me... it has a ladder...  :P

instead u could do a bridge that connects the hut with the ground, or you could do a spiralstairway :)

From what Ive seen from the drawings wouldn it grip the ladder with the mouth tenticles and pull itself up that way ?

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2006, 01:40:39 pm »
ye sure but i think the naucean looks a bit heavy  ::)

I would prefer a ladder/stair designed for a naucean but sure, hydro maybe have though about it and decided for strong tentacles

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2006, 02:57:29 pm »
Simply amazing..... beautiful.... detailed designs and inovative ideas... Double mouth, tentacle only manipulators, it's like a squid/ dinosaur/ bird.

the way their foot is designed i think the tentacles gri[ rungs and like us put first one foot then another on rungs
their feet colud be more developed than they look allowing more control.
if the tentacles are strong enough the could lift part of the weight with feet taking resting weight.
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2006, 03:18:36 pm »

instead u could do a bridge that connects the hut with the ground, or you could do a spiralstairway  :)

Nauceans can climb fine the use their 6 arms to pull up and their 3 "floots" to step up. Infact they fall less than humans due to how many tentacles.

ye sure but i think the naucean looks a bit heavy  ::)

I would prefer a ladder/stair designed for a naucean but sure, hydro maybe have though about it and decided for strong tentacles

The tentacles are each like an elephant trunk
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:42:58 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2006, 03:57:08 pm »

Here are diffrent animals and plants that the Nauceans eat. The large animal is like our pigs and the bird-like creature is like our chickens. the rest are wild creatures from the river whle those two are domesticated. The plants are various fruit, roots, veggies, grains, eggs, berrys and nuts. I have no names yet but i tried to keep them all look exotic while still from the same planet in the river region.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:43:17 pm by Hydromancerx »