A threat to the whole galaxy
0 (0%)
Eh, a pain in the ***, but nada more
7 (46.7%)
meh, not good nor bad
1 (6.7%)
they're kinda cute
0 (0%)
oooh! look at da cutey, cuddly little Shadow! It thinks it's evil...nawww!
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: The Shadow  (Read 28450 times)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: The Shadow
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 01:02:08 pm »
I doubt anyone will get this reference, but:
*Surprised* "The Shadow?!"
*Scared* "The Shadow!"
*Resolved* " The Shadow."

Heh. :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:47:49 pm by UFO King »
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 02:29:25 am »
Evil does not exist. Good does not exist. What is evil to one is good to another, and so on. It's all just Human Opinions and Points of view, it's never constant and it's never true.
Just my opinion :)
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 09:10:20 am »
I think he means evil as in ruthlessness, mercilessness, hatred, emotionless, wanting to destroy all life except their own, etc. all at the same time. I mean, my Galante and Farostites are both emotionless(Farostites more so), and Galante are somewhat ruthless, but neither are evil. At least the Galante wanted the Farostites to still think that their "benevolent" Queen was ruling them, instead of a Galante computer... Huh. Actually, I don't think the Farostites are any better off than they were, but they think that they're very lucky and happy.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 09:17:06 am »
The dimension that they were sent to was perpendicular. It was the same as this one.Wait......wouldn't that be an alternate universe?

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 09:27:00 am »
The dimension that they were sent to was perpendicular. It was the same as this one.Wait......wouldn't that be an alternate universe?
Yes, yes it would. I think that would prove the Big Bounce theory correct, except for the theory that universes are floating along in bubbles or whatever in a void or something... I would recommend the Shadow just not telling anyone and keeping it a secret. Besides, I don't think even the Nauceans know the true nature of dark energy. Well, they might, but if anyone does, I think it's the Wexxians. Maybe someone should make a topic about this... Oh wait, the Wexxians left forever. Darn. Now we'll never know. Oh well.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 11:05:50 pm »
Personally, I think the Nauceans know most, if not everything about dark matter. For the most part, they're pretty much just exploring the universe just out of curiosity, since they're living in a god-like level of Utopian existence by now. They might just be capable of making their own universe by now.

Well, that's just my opinion, of course. :)

Though, I do think the Wexxians, the Omic and the Vis also know a lot about the stuff, being the most technologically advanced races in the galaxy and all. :)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 06:38:40 pm »
Ok, sorry to necro this, but I don't want these meanies to die out!
The main goal for the Shadow is essentally Galactic genocide. They wish to eradicate all life in the RG other than their own. They make use of the alternate universe they inhabit. They will appear, launch an extensive assault, and vanish without a trace, using their advanced Wormhole technology. Where most creatures can only go between two places, the Shadow mastered this technology, and can actually create a wormhole between universes. This means, until someone develops the technology to go between universes, the menace of the Shadow will never be truly squelched out.

Eh? EH?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 06:43:12 pm »
Alternate universe eh?

Perhaps Tuolfs will reconsider turning down the Talsenreave project...

(A device able to travel between time and space, including universes)

Anyway, I wonder what would happen if the Core Combine would happen to meet them...
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 06:48:50 pm »
There would be a big frickin' war, and I think the Core Combine would win, but with heavy losses.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 06:53:34 pm »
Allow me to explain something. These guys had the current wormhole technology that most creatures have a very short time after the galaxy formed....I had best give a backstory to explain this better.
     A short time after the formation of the galaxy, life began to form. There was much life, but it was undeveloped; the most advanced were two races. one was a pich black race, highly agressive, very territorital. The other was a peaceful race. Kind, friendly, and they did not jump to war very fast. These two races built up their technologies, their spacecraft, their civilisations. Eventually, the dark blobs, coming to call themselves "The Shadow" lauched a massive genocide against all other life in the galaxy, feeling it was far too inferior to have the right to live. Many races died out in the bloody affair. The other well developed race, apalled at this extreme violence, sent their fleet of mighty warships to engage the primary Shadow armada. Their secret weapon was a massive wormhole generator called The Divisor. This was the only device powerful enough to create a wormhole between universes. During the massive battle, they fired the great weapon. The whole of the Shadow fleet was cought in the wormhole. The weapon malfunctioned, and the power source was ejected, pulled into the wormhole as well. Though the threat of the Shadow was quelled for the moment, that power source gave them the technology that ultimately lead to their mastery of Wormhole tech, and gave birth to the current situation.What became of that other race? None remain who know.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 08:07:36 pm »
Hmm...

Are the Shadow at war with the Nauceans, by any chance?

Anyway, I wonder what would happen if the Core Combine would happen to meet them...

I just realized something...

Don't ever, ever allow the Combine to get near a completed Talsenreave.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 08:08:42 pm »
Oh, that would be baaaaad.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 08:48:19 pm »
Anyone else agree to training an army of crowbar-wielding theoretical physicists?

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 08:56:15 pm »
Just remember that the first galaxies actually formed a few billion years after the Big Bang Horrendous Space Kablooie. Always do your research first.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009, 08:57:39 pm »
Anyone else agree to training an army of crowbar-wielding theoretical physicists?

Sorry, not even The Freeman will help you! Muhahahahahahaaaa! Wait...what were we talking about again?