A threat to the whole galaxy
0 (0%)
Eh, a pain in the ***, but nada more
7 (46.7%)
meh, not good nor bad
1 (6.7%)
they're kinda cute
0 (0%)
oooh! look at da cutey, cuddly little Shadow! It thinks it's evil...nawww!
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: The Shadow  (Read 28806 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
The Shadow
« on: May 29, 2009, 08:56:39 pm »
The Shadow are the species that I mentioned in the idea for the Flash Cartoon. That's the only reason I am giving them a proper profile.They are Amorphous blobs that are pure evil. They seek to destroy all life, and have unbelievable technology behind them. The reason why is that they were trapped in an alternate dimention for countless aons,being one of the first creatures in the galaxy. This is evident in how physically undeveloped they are. They are called "the Shadow" because they are pich black.One ability they developed is to take complete control of another creature. Due to this, they also developed advanced hypnosis and mind-control technologies. Their form of combat, due to their lack of numbers, is to infiltrate the government of the attacked species, "posessing" or mind controlling high government officials, and weakening the species from the inside. Then, their small number of ultra-powerful ships can annhilate the species. As I stated, they cannot reproduce quickly, and their whole armada consists of only 346 ships. But each ship is very powerful, capible of holding it's own against multiple enemy ships.

Phew! :-\

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Shadow
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 10:04:01 pm »
If they have the natural ability to take complete control of another being, why would they develop hypnosis and mind control tech? How is their underdeveloped form a supporting argument for their being the oldest species in the galaxy? What's a "dimention"?
I think fish drown when they are knocked unconscious or pierced through the lung.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 10:23:15 pm »
Hypnosis and Mind control so that a Shadow doesn't have to be controlling the persons body at all times. And the fact that they are one of the first would be that there wouldn't have been time for hyper-advanced creatures to form. Alot of their advancements came in the other dimention. And a dimention is like, a "alternate universe", I really don't know how to explain it.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 12:19:07 am »
How is their underdeveloped form a supporting argument for their being the oldest species in the galaxy?

The ViS are one of the Great Three Ancients and they gained a somewhat amorphous form due to a relatively long time of oversimplification.

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • The cousin of Tiberium.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 12:26:17 am »
Are you sure you dont mean dimension?

And they would need to do a lot of research before controlling anyone, imagine changing how a computer reads bytes, replace a few 1s with 0s and try to hook it up with another computer. Except with brains there are 2s, 3s and 4s too.

Click on the picture.
Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 12:35:10 am »
I imagine they would also first abduct specimens like Darth Grievi's H'qur, yes, GG? Or at least have a machine dedicated solely to translating the mental code of foreign species?

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 05:39:49 am »

This came to mind when I read the title.
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 09:23:25 am »
The Shadow are the species that I mentioned in the idea for the Flash Cartoon. That's the only reason I am giving them a proper profile.They are Amorphous blobs that are pure evil. They seek to destroy all life, and have unbelievable technology behind them. The reason why is that they were trapped in an alternate dimention for countless aons,being one of the first creatures in the galaxy. This is evident in how physically undeveloped they are. They are called "the Shadow" because they are pitch black.One ability they developed is to take complete control of another creature. Due to this, they also developed advanced hypnosis and mind-control technologies. Their form of combat, due to their lack of numbers, is to infiltrate the government of the attacked species, "possessing" or mind controlling high government officials, and weakening the species from the inside. Then, their small number of ultra-powerful ships can annihilate the species. As I stated, they cannot reproduce quickly, and their whole armada consists of only 346 ships. But each ship is very powerful, capible of holding it's own against multiple enemy ships.

Phew! :-\
Blobs of pure evil? Evil is a moral creation, not a substance. It should be eons not aons. Dimension not dimention. Capable not capible.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 10:32:07 am »
I meant that they are purely,unadulteratedly evil.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 11:02:12 am »
But you wrote it in such a way that it says that the shadow are blobs of nothing. Also, define evil. To Hitler the Jews were evil but to the Jews Hitler was evil. So what kind of evil are we talking about?
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 12:06:38 pm »
Im guessing controlling the world by any means necessary evil.

Click on the picture.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 12:10:23 pm »
Then the Quasits would be evil too. As would the human species.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 12:15:12 pm »
When did anyone say that the listed species arent evil?

Click on the picture.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 12:17:31 pm »
And what our species considers evil is not necessarily evil to another. See my Hitler : Jews explanation of evil.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 12:22:36 pm »
Conquering the universe would only be considered not evil by the ones doing.

I am pretty certain that its universal.

Click on the picture.