Author Topic: The Iavolg, of Agnasi  (Read 27327 times)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: The Iavolg, of Agnasi
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2011, 04:18:14 pm »
Different cultures do not have completely alien mindsets. They simply define innate values that all humans possess. Every one of us knows what utang na loob is, as well as African ubuntu. Some languages just don't have words for them.

On willpower, I find vegetarianism helps. Self-restraint for the greater good can be a powerful motivator, and that way you can set yourself an example.

Crazen, you're like the most Zen guy I know.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »
UFO, vegetarianism is in no way for the greater good, it is merely a choice. Willpower requires belief that you can do it, not some sort of forcing yourself.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2011, 08:18:18 pm »
UFO, vegetarianism is in no way for the greater good, it is merely a choice. Willpower requires belief that you can do it, not some sort of forcing yourself.
You mindless, bungling imbecile![/skeletor] I never implied vegetarianism was inherently good, that was only an example. Also, willpower is basically both of those things. And how is a choice different from anything for the greater good? Do you have no choice in that? QUESTION BARRAGE!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:56:55 pm by UFO King »
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.