Author Topic: E3 - 2009  (Read 11159 times)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
Re: E3 - 2009
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 11:55:28 am »
So no TESV  :'(
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 01:59:36 pm »
...must have been hot in there?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

gec05

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 02:01:19 pm »
So now both MS and Sony have a Wii-killer.

I think Sony's looks to be more better than MS'. It's like having two Wii Motion Plus controllers in both hands, wireless nunchuck, and better IR tracking. Which disappoints me how Nintendo can easily fix all of this for the Wii right now.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 02:26:00 pm »
I dunno... I have trouble seeing the other two motion controllers taking off and becoming wildly successful. I'm not sure they can pull the same groups that Nintendo has already grabbed ahold of; plus, I doubt their sincerity when it comes to "innovating" the industry. They're not going to try to edge the controller out of the picture any time soon.

And the PSP Go! seems a little shaky to me. Not sure that's gonna hit - at least not at that price point.

Overall I think Sony did the worst of the three (though not by much) and that Microsoft and Nintendo are about even (Microsoft has some edge though with the new hardware).

Microsoft: B-
Nintendo: B-
Sony: C+

gec05

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 02:36:48 pm »
I dunno... I have trouble seeing the other two motion controllers taking off and becoming wildly successful. I'm not sure they can pull the same groups that Nintendo has already grabbed ahold of; plus, I doubt their sincerity when it comes to "innovating" the industry. They're not going to try to edge the controller out of the picture any time soon.

I don't think so either. I just think Nintendo can do better.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 02:40:28 pm »
No kidding...

That must be where Miyamoto was! He was making everything better... all better... *rocks back and forth*

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 09:26:43 pm »
OKAY! I was on the Wii and looking at the My Nintendo Channel. People with Wiis, please remember to use this! There's so much good info there.

First off, New Super Mario Bros. Wii looks WAY AWESOME and actually challenging! Second, I rewatched the Metroid: Other M video a couple times... Other M... MOther. What's that mean? Awesome! Third, BIT.TRIP CORE gameplay (that has been around for almost a month, how'd I miss it!?)...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0hliWO7Kg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0hliWO7Kg</a>

Oh my god I need this!! Looks even better than BEAT!!

Online Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 11:57:06 pm »
Aaargh.
Where's my Megaman Legends 3?
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 11:59:10 pm »
E3 2009 has partially restored my faith in Nintendo to make decent games. My Wii tends to just sit in the corner looking lonely because all they have out for the Wii is mostly shovelware. Lets hope these newly announced titles are good.

Online Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 12:12:28 am »
Yeah, I might actually get a Wii now.
And my PS3 library should shape up a bit better too.

Too bad my 360 packed it in, but whatever. On the positive side, I save money.
Right?

Yeah.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 01:09:32 pm »
When they finally bring affordable VR headsets to the everyday console user, then I'll be excited.  Combine a headset with the Natal, and you've got a WINNAR. 

I had a VR headset 14 years ago for my PC.  It worked well enough 14 years ago.  Mechwarrior 2 was one of the few games that worked with it.  I had the head tracker mapped to cockpit view.  All the other controls were the normal.  It was a hell of a lot of fun, not only because you could look around the cockpit of your mech, but also because it was true 3D.

You'd think they've advanced enough, to make lighter, faster, higher res headsets for a cheaper price. 

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 09:36:57 pm »
Stop what you are doing, and watch this video: http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/1177/1.323

Now, sell your Wii and get a PS3 for this thing.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 09:45:49 pm »
I like Natal better than Sony's offering. Still... gonna stick with my Wii for the time being.

gec05

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 09:50:26 pm »
If Nintendo is smart, they can fix it. I'm pretty sure with another peripheral you can get the same effect as what the new PS3 controls will do.