Poll

Should I bring Bac k the Anubians?

HECK YES!!! Bring them back!
6 (75%)
Nah, they're old and forgotten, who needs em'
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: The one and only Gessel (and other things by a14gt)  (Read 9371 times)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
The one and only Gessel (and other things by a14gt)
« on: May 28, 2009, 05:40:36 pm »
 Welcome to my new thread where I will try to tell the story of my creature the Gessel along with any other random things I find my self drawing.

So here is the star of the show, the Gessel. The Gessel is a peaceful diplomat still new to the space scene on Planet Lachesis. Recently they have discovered Short Range Mag Warp. Now they wander to nearby planets to discover new horizons and seek out paradise!

here is small run down of the peaceful Gessel

Classification:Mammal
Size: Average 4 feet
Weight: About 100 Ib
lifespan: Around 90 years
Difference Between Male and Female: Style of clothing, special markings, and facial features, a thick patch of fur covers their chest and the obvious tipoff.
Tech level: Space Newcomer
Favorite food: homeland Fruit, grasses, and flowers
Favorite pastime: town meetings and ceremonies
Leading Bodies: The Lachesis Council, The Congress

The Gessel find that the best way to handle an issue is through diplomatic means, they abhor fighting and would really prefer any method over violence. They are also fans of mother nature and usually stay away from polluting sources of energy. Where do they get energy from? On Lachesis is a highly magnetic mineral and so called Mag. Using Mag to run machines the Gessel live in a pure environment of flowing magnetism.

Bio: The Gessel comes with basic mammalian characteristics. In regard to anatomy, you could liken them to a centaur. They have four legs with three stubby toes. Two hands with three fingers and prehensile tail. On four legs they can gallop to a nice brisk pace but are sometime prone to falling over themselves. They also don't have any upper body worth mentioning but have decent kicking power, front or back. On their head is a small appendage they can wave around like an antenna but serves no major purpose but to be decorated with ornaments and markings.

I'll go deeper into their culture but I'll leave it there for now

Here are some other natives to Lachesis, I have not named them though so i'll just leave them here for you to admire.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:05:05 pm by a14gt »

Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The one and only Gessel (and other things by a14gt)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 06:48:00 pm »
That horse-dragon-cyclops-thing is kinda schweet! 8)

Oh, and awesome this creature is. :)

Any plans on them meeting up with Anubians? I'm sure a lot of people here would like to see that. :)

PS. Their source of power is pretty interesting. Any chance you'd expand on it sometime soon? :)

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 03:05:49 am »
Cool stuff! Keep it up! :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 06:51:12 am »
Very cool, but "Short Range Mag Warp"? WTF?
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 07:13:08 am »
"Short Range" being it's not yet advanced enough to jump between large areas of the galaxy, "Mag" being it's named after the power source that's used to drive the system and "Warp" being a term for near instantaneous transportation between two relatively distant locations.

At least that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong, a1.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 02:31:33 pm »
 That's about right Yuu but it isn't instantaneous or anywhere near it so maybe I should change it to Short Range Mag Drive instead of warp.

On the issue of Anubians, as much as it pains me I'm announcing them dead if they haven't been already. I had a good run but that's all good and over. However i am considering the Gessel having some relation with the dead Anubian race.

Now for the update

The Gessel are a largely social race and come together at various ceremonies. At these cultural centers, Gessels display different designs and get involved in big dance offs and ceremonial parties. The whole thing is traditional and is a big thank you gift to each other for good times and prosperity. Music is a big part of the Gessel lifestyle and has a influence on some of the events that go on for example, a powerful musician can hold enough influence over the common and  can hold political power or whether the music is good decides if a ceremony is successful.

As you may have noticed, Gessel have symbols printed onto their antenna. These markings are another part of the Gessel Culture, at key points in a Gessel's life, a special marking is imprinted onto the antenna to celebrate. The symbols acts as good luck charms, rank indications,  marks of linage, memorabilia or any other use a Gessel feels is right. There are special markings that are only given to those who've accomplished extraordinary feats and at their sight Gessel pay respects.

I'll explain the Gessel's Mag Drive and their space ships in the next update.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:09:23 pm by a14gt »
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 12:26:30 am »
Nice update you got here! Any chance you'll elaborate on those symbols some time soon? :)

Sad to hear the Anubians announced dead, though. :(

Anyways, will be waiting for that update on the Mag Drive. :)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 10:19:48 am »
awesome creature...

On the issue of Anubians, as much as it pains me I'm announcing them dead if they haven't been already. I had a good run but that's all good and over. However i am considering the Gessel having some relation with the dead Anubian race.
:'(
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 08:25:01 pm »
 Yea, a pity.

The standard model for a Gessel aircraft, the Gessel Shuttle. It utilizes the Gessel's latest technology which by other alien standards is pretty low.

The craft is basically a small pod holding 2 Gessel pilots. The entire propulsion system is powered by Mag. The system is half way inspired by what was in Star Ocean 3 (where I get a lot of my ideas from) and some Star Wars.

Around the ship at three points are large Mag repulsion disks held in place by Mag stabilizers. The three repulsors send negative magnetic energy to a small Mag amplifier which controls and points the energy to a specific target. the target is a ball of negative magnetic energy at the front of the ship. When the two negative energies meet they repel each other, the Mag disks are held in place but the Mag ball would shoot of at amazing speed if another Mag system located at the front was not holding it down by using positive energy to keep it bound to the ship so as the ball is repelled it pulls the ship with it.

By changing how much energy comes out of the amplifiers you can either speed up or slow down by changing the output energy of all three amplifiers or change direction by changing the output from one amplifier.

The system is not yet fully developed and at the moment can only take you though a system but it is everlasting, reusable and leaves no trace. The Shuttle is also completely unarmed and is made to survive at most planetary re-entry. The Gessel have not yet encountered another alien species and drift though random patches of nearby space in order to find another paradise like Lachesis. Will they find one? We'll see.

That's all for now.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 11:10:02 pm »
I love it! 8)

Interesting system you've cooked up here! ;) :)

Somehow, it reminds a bit of the Seraphim from SupCom. Whose designs I find are pretty sweet!

I hope the Gessels stick with the awesome design. :)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 06:01:47 pm »
the more I get over the anubians' death the more I'll be able to appreciate these  ;)

anyways, cool ship...definitely an interesting propulsion method
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 11:00:55 am »
Nice man! But the shuttle looks more like a fighter.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 08:50:47 pm »
 I'm coming to this thread and plan to continue it. I hope necrobumping this ain't a major deal but hopefully you'll all enjoy the art as much as I enjoy drawing it.

This is the Ba-po, massive, deadly resident of Lachesis. 15 tons of muscle catching 35 mph and tipped with razor spikes making it the ultimate battering ram. An aggressive carnivore the Ba-po finds its prey and explodes into a thundering charge. Those stunned by the beast's powerful gallop are trampled under its extraordinary weight or worse impaled on its spikes and those who run better hope they run fast lest they suffer an equal fate. After subduing its prey the Ba-po uses an enormous and impressively powerful tongue to bring in food to its mouth. Even those impaled can be enjoyed by the Ba-po like a delicious shish kabob.

As for the Gessel update, well that may be a while...I kinda forgot how to draw them. Before I suddenly left I had plot planned for the Gessels and I still plan on carrying it though unless something once again makes it impossible. If anyone has any questions or suggestions for future updates fell free. I try harder when I draw for someone in mind so you can always expect my best.

Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 10:08:45 am »
reminds me of the hound-things from Predators...I really like it!
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

gec05

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 12:14:43 pm »
Excellent! ;D

Also, Google ads suggest that I look into cremation than a coffin burial. It's "green" thinking!

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 02:06:09 pm »
Cool its nice to see that Yuu, youn and myself all are updating our creature pages at the same time! We should check each other's pages out :).

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 12:40:18 pm »
 Wow 2 weeks of no posting after saying I'd come back, that a fail on my part.

This image is incomplete but what awesome about it is one, its on my brand new tablet(contains excitement) and two, its colored by a friend of mine making it the first drawing I've made along side someone else. hopefully the next pictures will come by sooner now that I can draw directly on the computer. Until next time.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

gec05

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 12:53:14 pm »
Oh, so it's on your tablet. Not like you drew it with your tablet. Right? But that doesn't make sense.

Also, any new plans for the old Anubians?

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 01:34:12 pm »
 Well that picture wasn't drawn on the tablet literally, I drew it and sent it to my friend who traced and colored, the original was on a tablet and it was done with a pencil brush so I didn't realized she traced it until I was writing the post

Edit: This is the Gessel thread but there hasn't been any updates on Gessels in the longest time. I still don't have an actual update but on the bright side, I think now I can draw a Gessel

This was done entirely on the tablet and colored by me. I have not used anything remotely resembling actual coloring medium in years. I knew since I was young colors and I don't mix. If its bad well I'm still getting the hang of it and I learned a lot drawing this, if you like it then this is awesome.

also since so many people miss the Anubians I'll contribute some work on them next
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:55:21 pm by a14gt »
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 07:41:44 pm »
Yay! The Pirate Angel Dog-People are back!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 11:48:43 pm »
HECK YES!  8)

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 07:26:18 pm »
Here is a quick Anubian i made as a warm up.

sorry if the legs look compleatly different from the actual Anubians, I was just expirimenting. I'll try to make one in greater detail soon unless anyone wants something else.

also that's not a nano suit just in case anyone wondered.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 07:33:15 pm »
Pretty rockin' digs dude! You take requests?

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 08:04:03 pm »
yes I do take request, I love em. Got anything in mind?
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 08:06:29 pm »
Oh I have a few ideas. ;)

So does that mean the Anubian thread is coming back?

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 08:31:32 pm »
idk I didn't plan on reviving it, if enough people want it back i guess maybe but I'm not sure what to do with them. Otherwise I'll make mini updates here and work mainly on the Gessel who are sorta like the successors to the Anubians.

About the requests PM me about anything in mind, I can do stuff outside of spore as well and I'll do anything requested to the best of my ability. Plus I work for free not that I think I'm good enough to charge yet.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 08:43:49 pm »
Thanks! Makes you more reliable than Gec. :D Small Joke, you lnow we love you.

The fact that you go outside Spore is cool, I had an idea for this really psychadelic idea. But that's off topic let's get back to the Gessies.

How do marrriage sex relationships and junk like that work for the Gessel?

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 06:02:13 pm »
 Well, sex and marriage. Didn't see that coming but that is a very very good idea.

(please excuse this drawing, not one of my best and I really really suck at colors)
 The Gessel, being very social creatures take marriage very seriously. Those who marry are expected to marry for life but that isn't really much of a problem as Gessels are well natured and are naturally kind and sensitive creatures who treat their significant others with care and respect at all times.
 Marriage ceremonies are special occasions where all the nearby folk gather to witness a couples matrimony under a special tree or under the eyes of nature so the world itself can bear witness to the event.

After the knot is tied it times to seal the deal and get it on. Scientifically speaking though Gessels have a gestation period of 10 to 11 months with sexual structures similar to the ordinary mammal. Intercourse occurs when the male mounts the female from behind usually fertilizing only 1 egg with a very small chance of twins, even less likely when compared to human.
 Same sex pairs are uncommon, not really looked down upon just not many Gessels think that way. A homosexual pair though could marry under the right circumstances but procreation is obviously impossible and Gessels haven't figured out artificial mean of procreation so adoption is technically the only way to have a child in that situation.
 Intercourse in the attempt of procreation is respected act that is given privacy but Gessels are never ashamed of bring in a new life and fellow members of the community treat a Female bringing up a child with care and work together to make sure everything comes out great. Miscarriages again though unlikely are a part of nature and though it is a sad thing to suffer Gessels can move on especially with the support of friends and family.

Again any suggestion are welcomed but the update if things go to plan will be a sick drawing I've been working on much better then what's up above and should please some especially fans of the Anubians.

Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 06:23:44 pm »
Wait? Did you just imply common and frequent group sex? That's not the answer I was expecting but great update anyway!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 06:28:11 pm »
Which one is the female? 0_o
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 06:29:37 pm »
Its at this point I'm glad I can't see images.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 06:34:28 pm »
Which one is the female? 0_o

That made me laugh a bit sorry  I guess i didn't make it obvious enough. Future readers the female is on the left, the male is on the right.  

Also group sex did pass though my mind as a possibility, I don't want to say no since its a bit odd in my view but well they are happy sociable guys maybe they could partake in group get together but i don't think it'll be common, at least not that common.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

yes be glad had moral issues drawing Gessels mounting eachother
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 07:38:26 pm »
"procreation is respected act that is given privacy but Gessels are never ashamed of bringing in a new life and fellow members of the community... "

That line got me. Wow, I need to put on my LOL Beret. Seriously? "Bringing in a new life?" "Fellow members of the community?" You crack me up. I should ask all of the Creature  Creators that question, if only for the hilarity fuel.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 04:37:26 pm »
well I've had this sitting around in my computer for a while, and I don't think I'm ever going to get around to finishing it so i'll just post it now before I forget about it.

full size here(cus I made it big):http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2391/anubian2.png

well not much to say outside it being an Anubian. You all wanted one so I decided what the hey. Fun fact: I've never spent more time drawing something in my entire life, it took forever and it's still not done. The wings suck I know, I never could draw them and i still have a very hard time doing so. Also, I was planning to give him the traditional Anubian armor. Maybe one day I'll finish it but it won;t be soon so I might as well show you guys. Hope you liked it
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Lush City

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 08:34:26 pm »
What a mandala.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 05:15:24 am »
*disintegrates out of sheer awesome*

Tip on the wings. Draw the wings' skeletons the same way as you would draw the ones on their arms, but in a thinner and more elongated fashion.  :)

If in case you already knew about that, disregard the above tip.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 07:04:17 am »
that...is...AWESOME!
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 11:13:22 am »
Got into spore for a bit again and decided to draw an alien i made since I feel I'm losing interest in drawing these days. nothing major

the Lyres:
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!