Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 681315 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #7575 on: September 15, 2016, 09:43:06 am »
Horrifying...

The cannibalism was tremendous. Every single base, every single build I came across was stripped down to the foundation, nothing of value left.
Worst of all is that some of these things looked like they could have been really cool builds at one time. Huge factories, farms, houses, orchards. Sadly they will never be known.

To me, this defeats the entire purpose of all the work those people put into their system.

For the amount of time some of us have spent on builds, it's just unconscionable that someone could destroy or otherwise allow it to be deleted forever. Sure, accidents happen and that is one thing. But if you're just letting other players tear apart hours and days of work, that's messed up. That is part of the reason I keep the server going: because I know as much work as I've put in on some projects, others have done just as much work or more. And I know I'd be pretty upset if some of that stuff just vanished.

and no im not playing on the vanilla i want to build reactors and jetpacks and crap

:(

Are there any people out there like me that want to play vanilla? I don't mind playing alone, but I love company. :3

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #7576 on: September 15, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »
Sorry, Pat. There's just something I really enjoy about using resources I've gathered to generate power and gather more resources.
Gotta manage that stuff carefully and explore in the meantime to locate more ways of generating power. Plus other side projects.
That's also not to say there's not much building going on. You have to make an efficient yet appealing structure to house all this nonsense. Caches, hoppers, barrels, crates, all with inputs and outputs to and from machinery that process materials.

It's really neato.
I like some vanilla now and then too though so I may bug you sometime yet. I will say it was always really cool to go on there and see all the various builds.
I'd love to try playing on there with a shader mod too. I can't use those on FTB 'cause it crashes hard.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7577 on: September 15, 2016, 05:35:46 pm »
Yeah I definitely agree on the shader mods. I'd also like to go on there with VR at some point; that sounds very cool and something I would find VR useful for.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #7578 on: September 16, 2016, 01:11:33 pm »
Checked another server. I guess on the other hand having the builds around just sitting there is neat but ultimately unrewarding if they're locked and you can only view the outside.
The other problem is that it's still basically a disconnected wasteland with a bunch of builds just sitting there with nobody in them, 50+ active players or no.
Found an abandoned nuclear power plant though. That was neat.

But usually, man, talk about dull. I'm starting to think I won't find what I'm looking for, but then again these are on some big "popular FTB servers" sorta sites which are visited and then abandoned by like 1000 different people a week. lol ima just make a cave in the side of this mountain by myself aw im bored go figure welp guess ill try another server

I dunno. Maybe I'll just start a new build on my own again. I've deleted the last two ones I was doing because I'm a dickhead; got tired of blowing hours on Minecraft and not drawing so poof.
Shame I never took any pictures either.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7579 on: September 16, 2016, 03:57:39 pm »
If you ever build anything cool, save it as a schematic and send it to me! :3

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: September 22, 2016, 05:06:16 am »
So I haven't played Minecraft in forever how do I find the Server anyway?

The game crashes every time I try and play it. Cant work out how to fix it. Guess I'll have to go with out a minecraft fix
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:14:35 am by Cobra »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7581 on: September 22, 2016, 05:52:13 am »
I can get you the server info and whitelist you once you get your client working.

Did you download a fresh install from the website? If you've got an old Minecraft.exe, it might be trying to connect to old servers or be running a outdated version of the patcher.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: September 22, 2016, 07:12:01 am »
Yeah downloaded brand new.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7583 on: September 22, 2016, 09:05:50 am »
Is Java up to date and are you running Minecraft as an administrator?

Those are usually the normal issues. Beyond that, I don't know what the heck you people do sometimes to make software not work. But we can try to figure it out if it comes to it. :P

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: September 22, 2016, 01:02:44 pm »
Think I'm supposed to be Admin on the PC, for the Java I'm not sure. Normally my response to anything about Java is "I'd love a cup of coffee."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7585 on: September 23, 2016, 04:42:34 am »
Yeaaaaah. And waffles with a scoop of ice cream on top. :3

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: September 23, 2016, 05:39:25 am »
Also my internet has been down for about 3 hours now so can't even spend time trying to work out what is king on with it.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7587 on: September 27, 2016, 04:16:15 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwQPX_yjnM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwQPX_yjnM</a>

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: September 27, 2016, 04:35:40 pm »
Oh my god, the only thing more pathetic than the original dedidaded wam question is someone asking it as a joke.

edit: Never mind, the Minecraft novel is the most pathetic thing in the world.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:40:29 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #7589 on: September 27, 2016, 04:47:20 pm »
minecraft was a mistake
       ~Ricky Wangstrom