Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 681033 times)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #7290 on: September 15, 2014, 12:15:23 pm »
Yeah, I remember those pieces that would extend from the ceiling and up from the floor so flooding couldn't go all the way through.

There was one map, I think our second SMP map where we had a little forest on a mountainside and Patmanistan and a bridge or something. There was this big P on the mountain that someone kept messing with. Then Razonatair torched the woods and got everyone all mad.
Speaking of mad does anybody remember somewhere in the thread here where someone made like.. a dollar sign but someone blocked it by putting another thing in front of it and it started this big argument? I think it was Andrew Ryan and.. erops? I don't know exactly. I'd go look but holy hell this thread has a lot of pages.
Just FYI, and I dunno if he's here anymore or if he confessed or what, but we were always suspicious of Badger for griefing. It's water under the bridge now and I don't mean to spread ill will or anything. But man we were super sure.

I don't know where the picture went but there was that one time Celdur tried to make a mural from La Mulana but we just couldn't get high enough to take the picture. I guess we also didn't have enough block color variety to make it very striking.
Man, he was at that crap for hours.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: September 15, 2014, 12:27:06 pm »
but we just couldn't get high enough

8)
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: September 15, 2014, 12:30:27 pm »
Many good times have been had in this game.  I unfortunately don't have any screenshots from that old map from your server Gauph, where we were flattening everything, but I remember getting into all sorts of antics on there.  I had that big open mine that I was working on, and eventually some other guys decided to help out with it.  At that point I swapped my skin over to a suit and top hat and just played mine baron while listening to the Dig song from Pocahontas on loop.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #7293 on: September 15, 2014, 12:56:16 pm »
but we just couldn't get high enough

8)

Hey man, why you wearing sunglasses indoors?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7294 on: September 15, 2014, 01:33:15 pm »
I think he's smoking doobies, Brandon. :O

YThen Razonatair torched the woods and got everyone all mad.
Speaking of mad does anybody remember somewhere in the thread here where someone made like.. a dollar sign but someone blocked it by putting another thing in front of it and it started this big argument? I think it was Andrew Ryan and.. erops? I don't know exactly. I'd go look but holy hell this thread has a lot of pages.

Raz burning the woods was so great. Classic Raz.

I know I got mad at Rysworld or Little once for something like you described. Spent all this time finding a nice place to build with a good view. Set up a good porch to take in the view and did all this intricate work. Log back on next time and now there's a giant cube obstructing the entire view and filling most of the valley. ;D

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: September 15, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »
Yeah, that was me. Was mildly butthurt about having to move.

Man, I really want to get back into this game and just dedicate to make a cozy village in a pretty area. That sounds nice.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #7296 on: September 15, 2014, 01:56:34 pm »
I'm enjoying me some FF6 music and playing on Pat's server a bit. Diggin into a mountain, building some huts.
Not the best builder but it passes the time.

EDIT: I remembered something silly I used to do. When you were the admin/op you could use a kind of command to make announcement style messages. I think it was /say. I dunno if it's still there. But I used to confuse everybody by saying stuff like "Celdur has engaged Gauphastus in battle.", wait a minute, and then say "Celdur has been defeated!"
Everyone was always asking how to engage people battle 'cause they thought they were missing out on some combat RPG stuff or something. Haha.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:11:43 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7297 on: September 15, 2014, 02:17:13 pm »
Yeah, that was me. Was mildly butthurt about having to move.

Man, I really want to get back into this game and just dedicate to make a cozy village in a pretty area. That sounds nice.

One of this server's "themes" is building up NPC villages we find. Come in!!

Good choice in music. :D

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #7298 on: September 15, 2014, 02:26:33 pm »
Dubes, anyone remember that little lake I put a bunch of logs in and it was a little sort of jump puzzle/parkour thing?
I've always wanted to do another one.
It was fun watching everybody try to get to the end.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: September 15, 2014, 02:31:11 pm »
I don't remember the logs, but I do remember that big pyramid that a bunch of you guys did on Pat's server.  That thing was really impressive.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7300 on: September 15, 2014, 02:41:37 pm »
I don't remember the logs, but I do remember that big pyramid that a bunch of you guys did on Pat's server.  That thing was really impressive.

Come to the server, it's in there. We brought it over! Also, it was on LadyM's server. :D

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: September 15, 2014, 04:09:33 pm »
I remember griefing exactly once.  It was the days of infinite water.  A couple of the younger players had set up shop down in a cave with a tiny surface entry.  They were flooding the chat with some dumb rpg stuff they were setting up and I was tired of hearing them, so I sent a stream of water down their hole.  The screams were delightful.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7302 on: September 15, 2014, 04:42:48 pm »
That's not griefing.

That's doing god's work.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: September 15, 2014, 09:37:49 pm »
So what do we think Microsoft may change?  The BBC article Wizard sent me said speculation was they wanted Minecraft for the mobile game sales.  Does Mojang really produce enough a year to merit a 2.5 billion price tag, or did they pay way too much, the way google and facebook have been gobbling up properties?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #7304 on: September 15, 2014, 10:09:12 pm »
The way I keep seeing folks talking about this deal is that Microsoft wants to buy an entire generation of gamers. They're after the children and I guess through clever cross promoting and advertisements you could brainwash a lot of them to buy some pretty dumb crap.

But really, the only thing I look forward to out of this is potentially Minecraft 2. Same thing but less hard on the machine (as in not java), a modding API released sometime before the heat death of the goddamned universe, more neato blocks and resources, game modes... look, I know it's Microsoft but I'm sure there are some good people involved in this that genuinely want to improve the experience and really contribute to the culture surrounding Minecraft, something that grew far bigger than I or anyone else probably ever thought possible. This is thanks to a lot of folks who worked hard to build communities, design and create great mods, and team up and share their sweet builds with the world. We made that. Not Notch, not Mojang.
The folks who are likely about to get involved in this definitely have their work cut out for them.

The only problem is that Microsoft is a huge company and from the top down I guarantee is immensely out of touch with not only the needs of its current users (see Windows 8 ) but also whatever idea they have about who the next generation of gamers is.

So I'ma just wait like usual. I really don't know what to expect but I think we all have a pretty reasonable idea of how far south this bitch can go.
Let's hope whoever heads this up isn't some dunderhead who has no idea what Minecraft even is. To be honest though I wouldn't be surprised.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:10:54 pm by Gauphastus »
       ~Ricky Wangstrom