Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 814448 times)

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #6855 on: December 31, 2012, 10:47:52 pm »
Some mods will work in multi-player, others won't. You will need to check with the author. An example is at http://www.technicpack.net/ where there are a couple mod packs available (you install the launcher and it'll run whichever pack you choose). The Technic pack is for single player only, while the Tekkit  pack it the multiplayer one. Looks like they have added one called Voltz, but I am too tired to look in to it tonight.

-Lego

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #6856 on: January 18, 2013, 06:55:48 pm »
Speaking of Minecraft...

This,

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqgDoDl71qg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqgDoDl71qg</a>

We need to do it.

Offline Inkling

• Strider Hiryu
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: January 18, 2013, 10:31:13 pm »
Yeah we do!
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6858 on: January 20, 2013, 05:42:24 pm »
Gonna start putting the server up again. My second-cousins were psyched to find out that I and my friends played. :P

I would still like to find the map with Celdur's puzzle tower before we get going, though. Does anyone have it?

Server is up: 69.253.144.58
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:09:32 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #6859 on: January 21, 2013, 05:53:42 pm »
I have a server up. Right now we are running Super Craft Bros. It's a 4 person free for all. Everyone who was white listed is still on. Four players can fight during a round. Others can observe. Please play nice and don't destroy the stuff. It'll be up for awhile so have fun!

108.170.21.42:25743

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: January 21, 2013, 06:02:14 pm »
My Minecraft makes really strange wounds. It makes a very quiet clicking sound when on the titlescreen, a white noise sound on the level select and multiplayer screens, and a whining white noise sound on the edit screens for both of those.

The weirdest part is it does this even with my sound OFF.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6861 on: January 22, 2013, 03:16:34 pm »
We have a few new points of interest to see on the server currently. They have been kindly donated to us by Celdur and Ovi.

We've got Celdur's spectacular Puzzle Tower that we retrieved from one of our previous maps. This thing is astounding! A controller up at the top of the tower looks down upon people going through the maze and is able to change the paths and trip traps! It's a lot of fun to play with friends. :D

Find me at: -490, 855

And we also have Oviraptor's homage to Minecraft and the winner of the MineCon 2012 Build Contest. What more can we say about this other than congrats to Ovi! This building takes you on a ride through the entire history of Minecraft, something our community has been fortunate to have been a part of since the very beginning. Make sure you check this thing out!

Find me at: 975, 241

We've got some new projects going on the server as well as the old projects. One thing that needs work is the rail network. It has to be checked to any issues and expanded to some of the newer sites. I'll be working on those for the time being. If anyone is interested in helping drop me a line, otherwise any and all are welcome to join the server and build whatever you'd like! Just find yourself a nice, empty plot of land and get started. :D

The server is up: 69.253.144.58
PM me if you need to be whitelisted.

As well I'd like to extend warm thanks to Gauphastus for making our old maps available to me. If anyone would like their old work brought into the new server from these or any other maps so you can continue working on it (or just to admire it) let me know! I can get just about anything so long as I have the map data.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #6862 on: January 23, 2013, 02:16:32 pm »
I toured it yesterday, thank you Pat for putting it on your server so we can look at it. It's still amazing and so proud of Ovi for his win.

In other news my server has an alternate address:ladympire.mcph.co:25743

Super Craft Bros is still the map/game. Will be changing it at some point to a survival map with the occasional fun game like Hunger Games or TF2.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6863 on: January 23, 2013, 05:40:34 pm »
 :D

Gonna start bumming around the old 1.8 server to see what there is to see. If anyone wants to explore with me I'll swap out the server files.

ALSO! Slinky, you need to update your Minecraft client. Stop trying to join the server, it won't work.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: January 24, 2013, 07:38:21 am »
I haven't bee playing much so most mine craft related stuff is still a mystery to me. But when building stuff like Ovi's tower, are people actually building it by hand, playing the game normally? I've always been under the impression that there's a mode/mod/program that just lets you place blocks with a free roaming camera and cursor. If not, everything I've ever seen built in minecraft is 1000X more impressive.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6865 on: January 24, 2013, 08:11:22 am »
Depends on the build and the builder.

I am not sure how Ovi built his. He said he did it in about a week and a half while also working, so I suspect he used Creative mode (which gives you unlimited blocks and instant build/remove time). Others will build things in Survival mode and do it the old fashioned way. It's a matter of preference.

Myself personally, I don't use Survival mode that often anymore because I'm pretty tired of having to dig around. :P  So again, it's a matter of preference. If you want to say stuff built in Survival mode is more impressive, you may. However; I'd be careful who I go around saying that to. Minecrafters on either side of the issue don't take kindly to that particular discussion for whatever reason. ::)

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: January 24, 2013, 08:38:25 am »
There are also third-party editors that can modify Minecraft world files.
And there are mods that give you tools which can help you build faster or more efficiently.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: January 24, 2013, 09:23:23 am »
Depends on the build and the builder.

I am not sure how Ovi built his. He said he did it in about a week and a half while also working, so I suspect he used Creative mode (which gives you unlimited blocks and instant build/remove time). Others will build things in Survival mode and do it the old fashioned way. It's a matter of preference.

Myself personally, I don't use Survival mode that often anymore because I'm pretty tired of having to dig around. :P  So again, it's a matter of preference. If you want to say stuff built in Survival mode is more impressive, you may. However; I'd be careful who I go around saying that to. Minecrafters on either side of the issue don't take kindly to that particular discussion for whatever reason. ::)

Not what I meant, I meant do people actually build while controlling the first person avatar as opposed to some free form camera mode. Creative or survival, having to move the player character around while building something like that is still pretty impressive, especially with a giant tower like that.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6868 on: January 24, 2013, 09:36:55 am »
Yeah, everything is done in character. Come to the server and try it out.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #6869 on: January 25, 2013, 03:11:13 am »
Recorded this the other day:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z5TtQDG0Vw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z5TtQDG0Vw</a>

See what you guys are missing? :P