Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 680639 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #6360 on: November 24, 2011, 06:41:00 am »
I just updated the server .jar file that Jens updated so it should fix the log in issue.

When we first spawned on the map it was in a forest and we just went up the hill to the mountain. There is also a swamp near us and some mountain ranges. Lots of room if you want to spread out. :)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: November 25, 2011, 10:28:38 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap87xnjOh8E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap87xnjOh8E</a>

hahaha best review ever

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: November 25, 2011, 04:07:08 pm »
There is, unfortunately, a lot of truth in that review.

-Lego

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: November 26, 2011, 04:30:54 am »
I disagree, but I'm pretty sure the reviewer isn't Hitler.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6364 on: November 26, 2011, 10:17:49 pm »
Gotta counter that. The review actually falls in line with a lot of what I believe in.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: November 26, 2011, 11:14:30 pm »
I've been trying to get through the 'game' part of Minecraft since 1.0 came out, but I have killed about 50 endermen and received 4, yes 4, whole ender pearls. I had to use 3 of them to find a stronghold. I need a total of 11 ender-eyes to finish the portal to get to 'the end'. Blaze rod is incredible easy to get once you figure out how to set up a kill room near a spawner (this is after having to go over 600 blocks away to find nether building and then another 250 blocks out to find a spawner).

I haven't bothered with enchanting, making potions, or even a making a bow. I am playing on 'hard', but it would appear that somewhere near release all the mobs got a lot easier to kill (50+ silk from spider kills alone). The monotonous grind for endermen right now has me completely turned off. Now don't get me wrong, I am not asking for a push-button-get-bacon solution but this is mind numbing grinding you should only find on a free-to-play game. With an average of less than one ender pearl per hour, I just don't see a point in finishing right now.

The two hardest items to find in the current game are diamonds and wool. Yes, wool. Seems that sheep just won't spawn near me at all (found 2 over 800 blocks from the spawn point).

It is a creativity toy for sure, but the 'game' part is not only not fully hatched yet, but would best be served as the scrambled eggs that it is.

-Lego

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #6366 on: November 27, 2011, 05:50:24 am »
You can always make wool from your 50+ spider silk. I enchanted a sword and it uses fire. Lucky enchantment I guess.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: November 27, 2011, 06:12:24 am »
I have yet to try out the enchantment system. But then again I have yet to try out 1.0 extensively either. >_>

Personally I share some of Lego's criticism. I think Minecraft has gone a direction that it didn't want to go and it makes the game feel a bit... cluttered and unfinished, even more so than the unfinished versions.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: November 27, 2011, 10:16:46 am »
Did you try breeding sheep LEGO? Or didi you kill the two sheep you found to make a bed?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #6369 on: November 27, 2011, 10:57:26 am »
Sheep breeding. Breeding a black and white sheep sometimes gives you black. Breeding two yellow sheep give you a yellow sheep. Too bad the wool doesn't grow back, after you get the wool they are kind of useless.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: November 27, 2011, 11:39:57 am »
Sheep breeding. Breeding a black and white sheep sometimes gives you black. Breeding two yellow sheep give you a yellow sheep. Too bad the wool doesn't grow back, after you get the wool they are kind of useless.
Well, it used to grow back. You're sure it doesn't anymore?
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: November 27, 2011, 11:45:33 am »
I don't think it grew back, but instead new sheep would spawn. Since animals are now persistent, that doesn't happen anymore.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: November 27, 2011, 12:30:06 pm »
Did you try breeding sheep LEGO? Or didi you kill the two sheep you found to make a bed?

I turned them in to a mattress (third piece of wool found at the bottom of a cliff, muttoncide). The annoying 'livestock goes downhill' thing put them at the bottom of a valley. I am not about to try and lure them hundreds of blocks back over broken terrain. I did try that once with cows only to have the herd blown to hell by a creeper or get hung up on terrain. A rope/leash item would have been a hell of a lot more useful than 'follow the guy with the wheat... sometimes... unless you don't feel like it... or something... or just do what you want.'

-Lego

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: November 27, 2011, 12:39:08 pm »
I don't think it grew back, but instead new sheep would spawn. Since animals are now persistent, that doesn't happen anymore.
I could swear that the sheep I had in my enclosure grew back their wool after 3 or 4 days.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: November 27, 2011, 03:12:33 pm »
Sheep haven't regrown wool since the Survival Test.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)