Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 681080 times)

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #5805 on: August 02, 2011, 01:32:20 pm »
My servers up: 71.74.145.57
Come play :D

Excellent idea fencing off the spawn area. ::)
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

gec05

« Reply #5806 on: August 02, 2011, 02:54:12 pm »
I spawned in the water. Apparently away from a boardwalk with signs all over it with rules I believe.

Oh well, couldn't be bothered to stick around.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #5807 on: August 02, 2011, 03:42:00 pm »
I was eating out of town but theres a glitch of spawning outside of spawn.....

EDIT:

Spawn has been fixed, and I'm watching from Console so you can all play :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:46:24 pm by Summoner »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: August 02, 2011, 04:07:11 pm »
Your server sucks.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: August 02, 2011, 04:17:35 pm »
Your server sucks.

Well I'm sorry you cant follow a simple sign test that tells you how to learn some of my servers core like Shops and the Money System, because Money system is something you might see and same with shops. Out of the spawn there is 0 Shops yet but its to teach you how to use it and what to except.

I have a lot of people coming to my server and None of them complain but some GS and you....

I don't force them to make shops/buy stuff but if they want to make a shop or sell stuff and once the tests over people do whatever they want to do and build anything.

BUT you never read anything you just spawned said "Inkling: Theres too many signs here" and "Inkling: How do I get out" so I tell ya to just do the build test and you say Screw your build test then you whined like a little girl and left.

I am being nice to you but if you want to whine and cry over something because you dont want to read some signs then dont come back!

~A Angry Post from Summoner

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: August 02, 2011, 04:25:49 pm »
Don't worry, I won't be back.  I have no interest in your money system, your shops, or your inescapable tutorial spawn point.  I don't know what the average minecraft server experience is.  Maybe I've been spoiled by the servers of Gauph, Pat, and LadyM.  But all I want to do is dig holes, fight monsters, and build stuff.  Not read some tiny signs about moldy fish and jump through some hoops before i can dig up a dirt block.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: August 02, 2011, 04:26:45 pm »
Well I'm sorry you cant follow a simple sign test that tells you how to learn some of my servers core like Shops and the Money System, because Money system is something you might see and same with shops. Out of the spawn there is 0 Shops yet but its to teach you how to use it and what to except.

I have a lot of people coming to my server and None of them complain but some GS and you....

I don't force them to make shops/buy stuff but if they want to make a shop or sell stuff and once the tests over people do whatever they want to do and build anything.

BUT you never read anything you just spawned said "Inkling: Theres too many signs here" and "Inkling: How do I get out" so I tell ya to just do the build test and you say Screw your build test then you whined like a little girl and left.

I am being nice to you but if you want to whine and cry over something because you dont want to read some signs then dont come back!

Or instead of having a meltdown you could look at a potential flaw in the server setup and take measures to address it. IE lack of intuitiveness. You can't blame them for turning away if they don't find it fun.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 02, 2011, 04:31:15 pm »

Or instead of having a meltdown you could look at a potential flaw in the server setup and take measures to address it. IE lack of intuitiveness. You can't blame them for turning away if they don't find it fun.

No because I have had lots of strangers/friends/ect joining and people use it to help figure out and they get member if done.... And The servers going to be public so I'm not going to put it in the wilderness and say GO PEOPLE AND GO DO ANYTHING YOU WANT AND YOU GOT TO LEARN ALL COMAMNDS BY YOURESELFS!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5813 on: August 02, 2011, 05:00:50 pm »
This forum is literally one of the first places in the universe to play Minecraft.

We know how to play. Quit complaining.

Your signs and plans are all very silly, anyway. It's the same mistake you ALWAYS make when you try to run something. You make it all about you and not about the game. Back off and just let people play. There are tons of servers people can go to besides yours. You need to make your server attractive to other people. By adding arbitrary rules, you're INVITING griefers and trolls because you've made it clear you have no tolerance for such things.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #5814 on: August 02, 2011, 07:41:00 pm »
Rather than get mad at someone (Summoner) just take what they say into account when you plan your server. Your map and server won't appeal to every one but will to some. If GS people don't like it then maybe others will. You can't force someone to enjoy something you set up, every one has different tastes. If they don't like it, they won't be back. No big deal.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: August 02, 2011, 10:44:34 pm »
Where's that niceness thread at?

And huh. We were like some of the first people to play/buy Minecraft weren't we? That's pretty cool. Someone should tell Notch haha.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 02, 2011, 11:30:46 pm »
The Minecraft thread here is older than the first Minecraft Forum, actually...
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5817 on: August 02, 2011, 11:49:08 pm »
Yeah, I found out about the game at TIGSource when it was just a little project in a forum thread there.

I like digging up stuff.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5818 on: August 03, 2011, 12:25:22 am »
The official paths through the Nether are for chumps!

Take my paths. You'll have a scenic adventure!

gec05

« Reply #5819 on: August 03, 2011, 12:59:05 am »
"Official" is a relative term. More like "Safer" would be appropriate. >_>