Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 681081 times)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #5295 on: April 24, 2011, 07:49:39 am »
Here's a render of the current map. Thanks to Luminar for finding me Cartograph G.

Luminar, I made some minor tweaks to stuff in the town. Little bit in front of the subway entrance and the road just outside the front gate. I gave the bunkhouse a basement and more beds. Also, there's a ladder to the second floor/rooftop. Not sure if adding another floor is all that necessary but we'll see.
Was wondering if you could spiff up that guard tower thing now that times have changed a bit. It's a little wonky.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:53:00 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5296 on: April 24, 2011, 08:18:07 am »
How big are your renders? I did mine in MCMap and was getting file sizes of about 20MB when we were at our largest. :(

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5297 on: April 24, 2011, 08:30:39 am »
This one was about a 4 mb PNG originally. It wasn't stupidly huge as your map though, since yours featured Herp Derpingson's Grand Overland Escapade.
I tend to also compress them pretty well as JPG. About 75% according to irfanview here, which is what I use.

But yeah, I think one of my biggest map renders came out to about 20 mb. That was around the point where I stopped with frequent map rendering because it took forever, was a huge drain on the machine, and I could never get the file size below 10 mb without drastic cropping. And even then, any attempt to include all the major stuff, spread out as it was, would have the heavily compressed and cropped jpeg coming in at 6 mb.
I dunno. I just find it a bit unreasonable expecting everybody to bother loading something like that up. These things don't serve much of a purpose anyway, aside from being an amusing little sideshow.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: April 26, 2011, 04:33:11 pm »
So, is the thing about Creepers struck by lightning being more powerful true? I'd Wiki it, but I'm lazy. :P
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: April 26, 2011, 04:44:29 pm »
YES. fear them

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: April 26, 2011, 11:47:30 pm »
A Blitzkreeper (yes i'm calling them that, bite me) explosion is apparently twice as powerful, which would equate to instant death on most difficulties. Dunno how armour factors into this but you'd probably still take a hell of a whack.

Also I need to better research how lava ignites nearby flammables. I built a nice sky garden (even took the hours to grow grass up onto it) over the bay, with trees and all such. On my way back down, dismantling the bridge, what else do I see but all the trees going up in flames. At least the lamps, water and grass are still up there - still, I had the lava covered over by dirt so I assumed it'd be fine.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: April 27, 2011, 02:12:04 am »
I'd Wiki it, but I'm lazy. :P
That's just a retarded thing to say. So you'd rather we go through the trouble of either looking up the info or stupidly spoon-feeding you what we found out ourselves, just so you can save on a little bit of effort?
That's just selfish.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:37 pm »
Dude, this mapping feature he is making sounds AWSOME. It's like a Marauder's Map.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: April 27, 2011, 04:35:47 pm »
Looks like I am going to be voicing a character on a Minecraft series that's a parody of Game of Thrones.  :D
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: April 27, 2011, 05:11:27 pm »
I watched one episode of that show and was bored by it

Game of thrones, not your parody, I'm sure it will be fantastic hammerman

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: April 27, 2011, 05:44:15 pm »

I'm assuming you mean the first episode? That was really good!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5306 on: April 28, 2011, 09:04:00 am »
I put a bulletin board in Monster Town guys. It's a bit tall, but hey.
Also got a bulletin on there. Let me know if you can help with that. I've pretty much taken all the cooblestone I could find.
Might have to go a-digging.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: April 28, 2011, 09:22:10 am »

I'm assuming you mean the first episode? That was really good!
Wasn't sure all I really noticed was the fact every actor was naked and having an orgy

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: April 28, 2011, 12:50:47 pm »
I'd Wiki it, but I'm lazy. :P
That's just selfish.

It's lazy, not selfish. If I were being selfish, I wouldn't even try to jokingly justify not Wiking it. [/overreacting]
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: April 28, 2011, 02:42:15 pm »
Wasn't sure all I really noticed was the fact every actor was naked and having an orgy

To Google to watch it!!!
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.