Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 680343 times)

gec05

Re: Minecraft
« Reply #5220 on: April 13, 2011, 04:40:22 pm »
I figured that should have been taken into consideration.

I don't like straying myself, as it becomes increasingly inconvenient to travel between multiple points due to distance between each other and how far it is to reach something far from the default spawn point.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: April 13, 2011, 04:40:29 pm »
I still don't see why this should be an issue. Some people just want to do their own thing. Doesn't matter if people should see it or not.

If this were the case then why come into a multiplayer server and not just do a solo game?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: April 13, 2011, 04:42:37 pm »
solo gets lonely very fast

gec05

« Reply #5223 on: April 13, 2011, 04:43:30 pm »
I still don't see why this should be an issue. Some people just want to do their own thing. Doesn't matter if people should see it or not.

If this were the case then why come into a multiplayer server and not just do a solo game?

Exactly. I thought the whole point was to make something together. Some people seem too insecure to ask or join when a cooperative opportunity presents itself.

Secondly, everyone has their own idea what they want to do. Everyone isn't interested in a singular project.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:45:08 pm by Eligecos »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: April 13, 2011, 04:46:15 pm »
solo gets lonely very fast

Whilst I agree, I would assume most people do the whole Multiplayer thing to share and show what they made? Otherwise you might as well just have a chatbox with us connected and your own solo game open.

Because if you're going to go 90 minutes in one direction and do nothing, then you're bogging down the server and messing with the rest of the people on the server for your own solo goal that you could have easily done in your own game. (Not to you specifically Kaizer, i have no idea if you ran the 10k)

And i agree, not everyone wants a singular project, and Pat's server reflects that well. Everything is individual for the most part, but contained. (other than the 90 minute marathon).
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: April 13, 2011, 04:49:48 pm »
first map of pats I kept trying to find a good spot to start at, ended up a good distance away

I have no problem attempting to build things and work together it's just that Im incredibly bad at it, I'm quite inept when it comes to artistic design and architecture
the only things I ever manage to build are watch towers, very simple ones that look plain stupid compared to some other peoples works

(not that I'm the culprit if its a new map your complaining about since I haven't been on since the first day of pats server)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5226 on: April 13, 2011, 05:12:47 pm »
Yeah this is a new map. And someone went waaaaay further than you did on our old server.

I tried to make it a reasonable size. The big red circle is about where everything we've made is located. The smaller red circle just outside of it is the hole to the bottom of the map I dug, which is pretty far away from the rest of our things. And the very long path continuing on past that... is a problem. Note that this image is about 1300 pixels wide. The original was almost 20,000 pixels wide.

**EDIT**
And I didn't say that it was an hour and a half walk to be funny. Literally, whoever made this trek probably spent over an hour walking.

In the server logs I see people recently complaining of lag. How many is this impacting?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:15:43 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: April 13, 2011, 05:16:52 pm »
Me

gec05

« Reply #5228 on: April 13, 2011, 05:27:14 pm »
Pat, I have an idea. Make your special needs fun house encircle the entire map within 1500 blocks.

I call it the Exploratory Discouragement Divergence.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5229 on: April 13, 2011, 05:48:44 pm »
I like it...

Oh I want to do that with a new map. But if people want to keep this map...

**EDIT**
Also I tried but I can't fix the lag problems. I think the map may just be too big now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:51:19 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5230 on: April 13, 2011, 06:06:50 pm »
Might need to look up some sort of boundary mod. This is silly.

Also, for anyone who thinks they're lost, best bet is to hit F3 and look at the X and Z coordinates. Head to 0x, 0z for the original spawn location.
Another good way is to put a sign out front of your place with that location's coordinates on it. You'll see it all the time and even if you don't remember the exact numbers, you'll have an approximation.
Or.. write the numbers down somewhere.

Wonder if they'll ever implement some sort of in-game map.. oh, wait. There's a mod for that too.

Man, these mods are all only slightly out of date and we're due for another update soon. Feh.

EDIT: I hardly even got started on my water fort too. A little travel is cool, but man. I sure hope they found what they were looking for out there.  :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:14:07 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5231 on: April 13, 2011, 06:16:32 pm »
Okay okay.

So maybe we cool off for a bit. And load up a new map tomorrow or something?

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5232 on: April 13, 2011, 06:27:50 pm »
Sure. I'll keep looking for a boundary mod for you.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5233 on: April 13, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »
Hmm... let's you and I have a talk!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: April 13, 2011, 08:05:18 pm »
I'm cool with a new map I suppose. But I ask that I get a whole lot of tnt so I can take apart a mountain haha