Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 681367 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #4890 on: March 16, 2011, 02:30:44 pm »
Too bad my character doesn't know that. :-[

Bad Pat, bad. Go to your corner.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

gec05

« Reply #4891 on: March 16, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »
So until Gauph decides to turn on his server agian (cough, cough) I been wondering if anyone knows of any good servers to play on? Single player isn't doing it for me at the moment.

I too have been going nuts just playing singleplayer. And Gauph succeeds once again to disappoint me.

Poor Gauph. I have been mad at him this past couple of months now.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: March 17, 2011, 07:52:32 pm »
I have used too much of my time on this game. It is incredible.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: March 18, 2011, 12:04:21 pm »
Vid of Wolfs in action

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Lp9p5yjuo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Lp9p5yjuo</a>

There was a point where I said "aww" out loud.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: March 18, 2011, 01:25:49 pm »
Maybe we also have to feed them regularly? Then at least my chests full of porkchops had at least some use. >_>

Also, I wish there was a way to tell them apart, maybe give them nametags when you tame them?
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #4895 on: March 18, 2011, 03:24:03 pm »
I'm looking forward to commanding my canine armies.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: March 19, 2011, 09:49:01 am »
I just realised something, I'm back home in Sweden which means I can host again.
Give me a few hours and I'll get a server running. If you want the IP just PM me.

Edit: It's up and running.

Edit 2: I'll try to keep it up from 8AM to 10PM(Swedish time) everyday until the 31st.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:01:21 am by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4897 on: March 21, 2011, 03:57:37 am »
Celdur showed off this really bizarre map based on a seed discovered by someone else. I'm not sure if you can just swap single and multiplayer maps around, but.. well, you probably can. I'd try it anyway.
I suppose I would host for awhile if I could get that map. However, I was really tired the other night, struggling to watch a movie and eat a bit of food before ultimately conking right out.

You folks need to see this beast. I'm sure it would make for some fun exploration and interesting builds.
I'll look into that later on. Went to bed so early that I woke up now at nearly 4 AM.

Geez.

EDIT: Also, Pixxel, you can post your IP freely (heh) since there's a whitelist function built in now. No need to worry about randoms if you don't want them in there.
Uh, if that was the issue. Maybe you don't want to give out your IP. I dunno.
But whatever.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:01:32 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: March 21, 2011, 06:27:06 am »
Meanwhile at Pixxel's house.

I've never seen so many creepers explode at once. :|

(I'm sorry Pixxel, I stumbled out of your house and all I heard was sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...)

Luckily they didn't cause any structural damage to the house. >_>
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: March 21, 2011, 09:26:24 am »
Celdur showed off this really bizarre map based on a seed discovered by someone else. I'm not sure if you can just swap single and multiplayer maps around, but.. well, you probably can. I'd try it anyway.

Can't you just start a new multiplayer map using that seed? Lets us know when you get up and running.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4900 on: March 21, 2011, 10:30:47 am »
No, you can't generate a multiplayer map based on a seed at this time. It still auto-generates one for you when there's no world folder already in place.
This is why I was hoping to find out the seed, generate the map in single player, track down the file on my machine (wherever that is), and put it in with the server files.
I'm assuming this works. I don't actually know for sure, but I figure it will since maps should all be basically the same thing regardless of single or multiplayer use.

EDIT: May have found it. Give me a bit.

EDIT2: Damn, looks pretty good to me.

*turns around*

Yeah, that's cool alright.

EDIT3: Man, there are some really crazy seeds out there. I had no idea since I basically stopped playing/hosting for a long time there, dropped cold turkey.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:43:37 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

gec05

« Reply #4901 on: March 21, 2011, 10:42:40 am »
This place has some pretty coil seeds.

http://www.minecraftseeds.info/

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4902 on: March 21, 2011, 10:45:31 am »
Yeah, the one I'm using right now is gargamel.
I think I prefer pokeylucky though.

EDIT: Neato. I was able to use pokeylucky as the server map. You'll spawn at a fairly ordinary looking beach, but just turn your head and I think you'll like what you see.
Any new folks can submit their name for addition to the whitelist. I'll be taking names of a bunch of previous players from the player list in an old server backup. If you're not in, just let me know.
And uh, obviously include your minecraft name.

I'll need yours, Gec.

EDIT2: I'm not married to pokeylucky yet. It's still early so if you see some really cool or wacky seeds you think everybody would enjoy for a while, post your suggestion here.

EDIT3: Server IP is now included in my signature, since whitelist is enabled and we don't really need to worry about randoms.
It's up now. Enjoy.

EDIT4: I hear a lot of talk about the lag. I don't know why it's misbehaving so much since the speed test shows it behind normal as ever.
Hmm.
We might be switching ISPs anyway. I'll let you know what happens there.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:52:48 pm by Gauphastus »
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: March 21, 2011, 12:41:09 pm »
That mountainous place that Gauphastus showed looks great for a mountain base.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

gec05

« Reply #4904 on: March 21, 2011, 02:36:20 pm »

I'll need yours, Gec.

Eligecos

Also, I have been playing -6555642694674147910. It has a pretty awesome landscape and a massive underground network of tunnels with tons of lava lakes near the spawn point. I'm still discovering new caves and it's very hard to keep track of the whole network.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:51:37 pm by Eligecos »