Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 680782 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #4470 on: November 30, 2010, 02:19:39 pm »
I want monsters!

*marches around the warehouse with a picket sign*

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4471 on: December 01, 2010, 09:48:46 am »
Monsters fun, Brandon? You couldn't stay connected or stable for more than five minutes at a time anyway.

Celdur, after some thought, the arena needed to be moved. Unless Pixxel is willing to have the harbor moved quite a long ways out of town, which I would personally not prefer, that's where you're going to have to be.
Here's a diagram of the zone plans.

If you're not sure what we're dealing with, please refer to this up-to-date, full-size map.

Also, update today.

* Fixed a rather bad memory leak bug in the server (entity position updates accumulated in orphaned player objects)
* Riding carts and boats now works properly when you travel long distances.
* Harvesting crops no longer yields fake seeds
* Removed /home (sorry!)
* Snowballs again!

Anyway, I'm dropping sorta out of contact today and maybe tomorrow. I'll be on IRC anyway. I'll keep an eye on things but otherwise, I'm spending the next couple of days drawing.
I've been meaning to do this for like a week and a half but I keep getting distracted by Minecraft.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: December 01, 2010, 10:16:25 am »
I feel like Santa is doing an apartment style like the one described at the end of The Fountainhead that what's his face blows up because they mess with it.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #4473 on: December 01, 2010, 12:04:42 pm »
There is almost no water in the harbor zone.

:(

So the docks and things will be built over the water and inside the square will be... warehouses or something?
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: December 01, 2010, 12:08:12 pm »
This may add even more work and we/you already have enough, but with buckets working again in SMP (right?), you can make harbour in a place that isn't necessarily near water at the moment.
That'll be a lot of work though.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: December 01, 2010, 12:24:36 pm »
Or you can just dig out the harbor.  We've leveled a few mountains, is digging a pond that hard?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: December 01, 2010, 12:58:31 pm »
We need a farm zone. We really don't need two residential zones.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: December 01, 2010, 01:08:37 pm »
I have minecraft now, can I join the fun too? :)
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: December 01, 2010, 02:24:24 pm »
So what's the story with the Niether in SMP, are we waiting for mobs to work proper or what?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4479 on: December 01, 2010, 05:14:45 pm »
Well, my day is shot. Spent a good... all of it going out and getting a washer and dryer. Got woken up with a start this morning having to hear about my bro's wife having her baby so I'm pretty tired.
Too tired to care. I'll draw tomorrow and the day after instead.

There is almost no water in the harbor zone.

:(

So the docks and things will be built over the water and inside the square will be... warehouses or something?
A larger body of water is certainly closer there than elsewhere. It can be built slightly beyond the zone anyway.
Still need a road out there but it can be adapted. There can be all kinds of piers and walkways and such. Warehouses, sure. Drydocks and boat storage.
Crap like that.

The zone can be multi-purpose too. More industrial type buildings can go out there.
Maybe that's where we can put some kind of fishery.
Wall to wall fish cooking and storage.

We need a farm zone. We really don't need two residential zones.
I don't think we need an entire zone for farming. We might use the a good-sized chunk of the spawn zone for that though.
Froman's farm is about 32x32, if he based it off the platform I originally had there. I'm sure he can extend or expand the operation a bit.
As for a second residential zone, I was thinking after people basically use zone 1 for practice and inspiration, we can do slightly grander things in zone 2.

So what's the story with the Niether in SMP, are we waiting for mobs to work proper or what?
It's up to Notch. Portals don't work. Big issue with loading hell and the real world both into memory at the same time or something.
Now we're apparently putting the next run of cool new features on the beta phase for some reason. Don't know if this is included in that, but it just might be. The plan is vague, not that he has to share any of it in the first place so weh.

And I still sorta need to make a portal room. It's gonna be cool, guys. Deep underground on a floating platform surrounded by lava falls.
Okay, not the most original thing in the world but I'm still making it by damn.
If it's not ready in time, we can make one in a clearing somewhere kinda away from everything... maybe way out in the water.

Also, I just noticed this..
Monsters fun, Brandon? You couldn't stay connected or stable for more than five minutes at a time anyway.
I'm not sure when or why I added this line but I'm sorry if it sounded kind of dickish. I guess I was just saying.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: December 01, 2010, 05:30:41 pm »
Well, my day is shot. Spent a good... all of it going out and getting a washer and dryer. Got woken up with a start this morning having to hear about my bro's wife having her baby so I'm pretty tired.

The brother we saw on webcam that one time?

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4481 on: December 01, 2010, 05:50:51 pm »
Yeah, that one.
Kid's name is Kyla by the way. Newborns are adorable.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: December 01, 2010, 06:06:36 pm »
B'awww
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: December 01, 2010, 06:22:17 pm »
D'awww.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: December 01, 2010, 06:28:21 pm »
ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.