Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 678552 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #4395 on: November 22, 2010, 01:10:34 pm »
Yeah, I lost like 3 or 4 hours of work. >_<
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Kidsoldier

• Star Castle Cadet
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Warfare (TAW)
« Reply #4396 on: November 22, 2010, 02:20:57 pm »
I took no offence Gauph, was just kidding around as well  :P
TAW is recruiting members now! Check it out at TAW.net

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4397 on: November 22, 2010, 03:48:32 pm »
Thanks to everyone who helped demolish most of the mountain where city hall and other civic stuff is gonna go.. like a school or something like that.
Still have a few pieces to go, and then maybe we'll start in on the residential area so people can actually start building houses and stuff. I know BakedEoin is ready and raring to go. Almost started building in the spawn zone even (don't build there, anybody. >.>)

Anyway, the power keeps dimming and it's getting too risky. The weather is right back to where it was the other day with the ridiculous winds. I think with the wind chill it's like -15 degrees celsius.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: November 22, 2010, 03:52:50 pm »
Please don't use tnt to clear the residential zone. I just finished carving my house.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: November 22, 2010, 04:06:38 pm »
BakedEoin whined at me about the zoning "themes" and called the server rules "tyrannic."

Christ. I'm sorry I invited him.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #4400 on: November 22, 2010, 04:28:46 pm »
Tyrannasaurus Gax.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4401 on: November 22, 2010, 05:24:30 pm »
Semper fidelis tyrannosaurus!

BakedEoin whined at me about the zoning "themes" and called the server rules "tyrannic."

Christ. I'm sorry I invited him.

Hah, don't sweat it. He can stop in whenever, but he needs to understand that the rules we're imposing are temporary.
I certainly wouldn't call this one "tyrannic". It's restrictive, yes, but to give you some perspective, if you were to deviate even slightly on most project/themed build servers, you would be banned. That's downright silly and I don't believe in it, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

I wanted everybody to see a little bit about what it's like to work kinda close with everybody to complete long-term goals and stuff. People tend to shoot straight for the short-term instant gratification crap too much and it makes a mess of things. Last time we ended up with kind of a jumbled maze, really kind of chaotic. There were some cool things in there, yes, but it still felt like people were hurriedly "blowing their load" all over the landscape with little care for overall aesthetics, long-term planning, or regard for any of the other constructions nearby.
Sometimes you've just gotta put yourself aside for a bit and help work toward a common goal. It can be tons more satisfying in the end that way.

FYI, two three times now I've written and deleted some really sorta angry stuff I wanted to say, but whatever. Just one thing:
Can we please have some understanding here and stop all the fussing about the restrictions? It's really beginning to fail to amuse.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:34:43 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: November 22, 2010, 05:39:45 pm »
Sic semper Gauphasaurus!

Oh wait, you already made that joke.  :-\

*Shoots Gauph and runs*
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: November 22, 2010, 05:44:49 pm »
I don't see the big deal here.  We're building a huge flat space now so we can build later.  The results will be a lot nicer than the last file, for reasons Gauph has already stated.  A little preparation goes a long way.

Then again, I kind of prefer digging and mining to building, so I may be a bit biased.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: November 23, 2010, 11:05:15 am »
According to the blog the SMP health update is coming "tomorrow" (in sweed time)

Edit* and now Gauph's server appears to be down :(
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:10:55 am by ilikesanta »
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: November 23, 2010, 11:18:25 am »
So probably around 11 PM to 3 AM PST.

At least, that's usually when I get updates, when I stay up that long.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4406 on: November 23, 2010, 01:27:18 pm »
Server is back up. Doesn't seem to be much wind at all. Not even so much as a strong gust is occasionally hitting the side of the house.
Totally died down.

Still cold and icy as hell, so the only thing that might take out the power now is someone hitting a power pole with their car.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Before this update comes out, could some people come in and make totally sure the lighting distribution is safe in most areas? Gonna need a lot of torches.
We're back on the old lighting code, the one before the Halloween update (not the broken new one that spawned monsters everywhere regardless of the lighting). We don't need 100% lighting saturation is what I'm saying, so be reasonable about it.

EDIT2: Work complete.

EDIT3: Here's an isometric thing.

Now that's looking pretty good.
But of course I have to ask who is building that circular construction in the spawn zone and what it is intended to be. I may let it slide depending on what the plan is.
Otherwise, please stop building in the spawn zone. If you want to do some rough concepts, like santa's shop, that's fine so long as you remove them when you're finished.

EDIT4: Oh, wait. That might be the farm. I totally forgot. As long as it's not a tower or castle or whatever.
Think you could actually place it out more in those sand flats instead? The constructions are not very evenly spaced.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:42:15 pm by Gauphastus »
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #4407 on: November 24, 2010, 07:30:57 am »
Updateupdateupdate.

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: November 24, 2010, 07:48:22 am »
I would like to place that farm farther off but it took me quite some time to put it there in the first place so I don't think ill move it. If i got some help moving it than i might be a little more inclined to do so.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: November 24, 2010, 07:59:40 am »
I think I got about half the park zone mountain leveled.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.