Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 678713 times)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #4185 on: November 01, 2010, 05:12:33 am »
SO okay, I had a little Adventure, which gives me a new Protip to give you :D

I was exploring the Nether, collecting samples of blocks for testing, when I decided I had enough to return to my portal. I was dodging Ghast balls and carefully skirting all pig zombies when I make it pack to the only portal I built in the Nether and discover that the polarity matrix had been reversed, the multidimensional flux capacitor dropped below 1.21 jiggawatts, and the toaster's flipper didn't pop up anymore. My Portal was deactivated!!! :o I didn't have another flint and steel, I had no way to directly relight it.  :'(

I lasted as long as I could, I ate pig zombie steaks from pigmen that burned themselves to death. I tried to build a makeshift shelter out of useless bloodstone that was instantly destroyed by the oppressive ever present Ghasts. I knew I needed to find a way back. When I saw a Ghast fireball kill a Pig zombie, I had a crazy idea. I lured a Ghast to my portal, and lined him up with much maneuvering until his shot would strike one of the obsidian columns. Then I stood still so he would aim directly at me. When the fireball was almost upon me, I leapt out of the way and let it hit the portal. The fires from the Ghast ball reactivated the Portal! I jumped through and made it home. :D

Protip: ALWAYS carry a spare flint and steel while in the Nether.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:26:10 am by Mr. Wizard »

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: November 01, 2010, 07:14:08 am »
So, Notch said on his blog that he wants to allow for portals between servers and that having a server run both the normal and the nether worlds will use a bit more resources so I was thinking maybe Gauph should host the normal world and I'd host the Nether world, once these server-portals are working :v:
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:24 am »
I read somewhere that if you turn off all the stuff involving hell on your server things run a lot better. We might have to do without hell for a bit.  :'(
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: November 01, 2010, 10:00:00 am »

So true  ;D

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: November 01, 2010, 10:27:54 am »
...so true?

im really getting tired of people thinking starting a company and making a game is easy as ****

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: November 01, 2010, 10:53:53 am »

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: November 01, 2010, 12:34:52 pm »
...so true?

im really getting tired of people thinking starting a company and making a game is easy as ****

Yeah he had to take the time to start a new company, I get that. He had to hire people, I get that. He had months to do it. I'm also getting tired of his "breaks" though, before he even decided to start a company he was taking 3 week vacations at random times, now that the halloween update is done but needs fixing he posted he would take "a couple of days" break, I was fine with that, everyone deserves a weekend. Since then he has posted again saying his break will be "a few days", now I'm just waiting for it to turn into a few weeks, even though he already has his team assembled by now.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4192 on: November 01, 2010, 01:02:21 pm »
I'm a bit antsy and impatient by this point myself since I expected a -hell- of a lot better (*wink*). I think we all did, right?
It was pretty disappointing.. not so much in singleplayer though. That sounds like a blast.
I like the multiplayer more though, since the plan was to get in there right away with you guys and discover all the new stuff together. That's like my favorite thing. :P

Also, did you see that artist he managed to nab?
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=10694.0

I used to post in there for critique when I was working on my pixelation, though it was in a previous version of the site. Maybe even two versions ago..
So much fun. So much insecurity and bad pixel art.
It's cool to see that these guys are still around.

So, Notch said on his blog that he wants to allow for portals between servers and that having a server run both the normal and the nether worlds will use a bit more resources so I was thinking maybe Gauph should host the normal world and I'd host the Nether world, once these server-portals are working :v:

That's a really good idea. I just wonder about downtime issues, because hey. They happen.
But I'd be willing to rig it that way, yeah.

Man, inter-server portals. That's pretty sweet. Inter-server raids, jobs, trading.. I guess. Need a hell of a lot more items/crafting combinations and more scarcity, as I've said in the past.
Gotta balance out the crafting in such a way that you're met with tougher choices.
"Okay, so do I use all this iron for lighting or should I make more weapons for the guys?" for an example of materials we have now. Think of the tons of combos there could be later on.
But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Looks like we'll be waiting a bit more. Sucks but what choice do we have?
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #4193 on: November 01, 2010, 03:19:58 pm »
Christ.

The noises. I just ran.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: November 01, 2010, 04:49:30 pm »
That would be the ghasts.

You can pretty much hear them no matter how far away from them you are.

That seemingly random screaming? One of them floated into lava.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: November 02, 2010, 11:49:48 am »
http://i53.tinypic.com/205w1zb.png

So true  ;D

Hmm. A one-man operation that makes an idea work an gets more popular than a major production title and it is both playable and still in alpha? The guy Posts a major update list and actually releases it on time with almost all of the promised content? He nets enough money to start his own company and dig through all the legalese in less than two months, and still gets the update out? And he has a life too?

It is cartoons and crap like this one that piss me off.

-Lego

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: November 02, 2010, 12:41:47 pm »
http://i53.tinypic.com/205w1zb.png

So true  ;D

I disagree with what you are saying, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #4197 on: November 02, 2010, 12:48:24 pm »
what is this i dont even

Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: November 02, 2010, 12:51:59 pm »
Wow. Thats the least interesting thing someone has posted here.

I remember my first Minecraft game.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: November 02, 2010, 01:31:14 pm »
That is very cubed for something natural. Any way I was walking along my coast, hunting for clay, when i found my first pumpkin, or should I say pumpkin patch!

I ended up getting 10 of them. :)
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures