Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 678924 times)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Minecraft (Gauph's server is up)
« Reply #4110 on: October 29, 2010, 03:18:58 pm »
Just remember to reduce the fog distance a bit.
I remember a thread on the forum that linked to a fix in one of the class files, something really dumb and simple.
It apparenly crashes because Notch does kinda sloppy work here and there. :P

But yeah, it'll be fun to actually go out and risk dying.
We'll set up a nice town and stuff with portal access stations. Or.. I dunno. Whatever you guys want to do.
I'd just prefer that it was flatter and more organized. The current map is kind of all over the place, though that started when SMP first came out.

We should be able to organize something a lot cooler looking.
That starts by making temporary buildings and flattening the land though. The unevenness of everything drives me batty. :S

MOD EDIT: Here's that mod that fixes crashes, if you want. I think Alwayswatching just got hit by it.
Looks like quite a few people need this actually. Please do get it, guys.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=60704
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:39:39 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: October 29, 2010, 03:50:46 pm »
actually i believe that because that specific map file is so old that it gives those errors. while playing on pixxels, pats and several other servers I never got that glitch but when i went back to your server i got it twice.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4112 on: October 29, 2010, 04:03:49 pm »
That could be. That was one of my concerns with this map earlier since I never got these errors before.
Well, I will be generating a new map late tomorrow, before Halloween hits. Don't know exactly when Notch will update, but I doubt it'll be on the exact hour the day starts of course.

I'd like for us to come up with a design for the portal areas. Obsidian is awful hard to move so I'd prefer that people didn't go building them all over the place or dumping obsidian blocks in silly places.
I figure we could make some kind of central station for portals and minecarts alike, though I don't know if carts will be fixed for this update.
We'll need to decide if it's underground or above. If it's under, I can help clear some space. Above ground, we'll flatten and measure out.

I'm not much of a builder or designer though. I would like this to be done right the first time so if someone else has any ideas, let us know.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: October 29, 2010, 04:05:38 pm »
He claims midnight his time so its like 6 eastern and so forth for the US.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: October 29, 2010, 07:31:07 pm »
Currently I am constructing what will be the pride and joy of the Mustelidae Empire. L'eglise de Blaireau will be a 9*9*30 building with a loor every 4 blocks. This should come out at about 6 if I did the math correctly. On the top of this building will be a steeple. The entire building is made of cobblestone and wood. All donations of stone and wood are welcome. I would prefer stone as the bulk of the building will be made of it.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: October 29, 2010, 07:34:20 pm »
So, it's a big church or something? Cool. I'd donate stone, but my computer won't run this game. Stupid ACER.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: October 29, 2010, 07:37:22 pm »
Yes it is a big church. It is The Church of Badger.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: October 29, 2010, 07:43:47 pm »
So, it's a big church or something? Cool. I'd donate stone, but my computer won't run this game. Stupid ACER.
So, you're being prevented from playing Minecraft by an armored combat engineer robot?

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #4118 on: October 29, 2010, 07:49:55 pm »
We should make a huge pit and build buildings into the side of it la Utapau.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: October 29, 2010, 07:53:14 pm »
So, you're being prevented from playing Minecraft by an armored combat engineer robot?
Yes, yes I am.
No, not really. That's just my computer's brand name. We got it for $22. Yeah, I know, right?
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: October 29, 2010, 08:48:39 pm »
Yes it is a big church. It is The Church of Badger.

{idea}Must place collection of mushrooms outside. Maybe make a giant snake too.{/idea}

-Lego

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: October 29, 2010, 08:50:55 pm »
Big church on Gauph's server?

Already been done. Also ours is bigger than just 9x9x30. It's closer to 30x30x40, I believe.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: October 29, 2010, 09:21:32 pm »
Mine is better.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4123 on: October 30, 2010, 02:51:40 am »
Glad you guys had some fun today. I'll be generating a new map later on today with a strict exploration limit I'm sure you guys won't mind abiding by. Wanna see them biomes and all, right?
We may return to this map later on of course, so don't be making any mess. As you know, I have everything stored here for later times.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: October 30, 2010, 02:51:52 am »
I have completed the task I set for myself and did a damn good job at it too.

It is around 45-50 blocks tall and contains 5 floors. The second floor is shown in the above pictures.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:57:54 pm by Bagder Man 22 »
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.