Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 678360 times)

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #3990 on: October 17, 2010, 03:11:43 pm »
I was bored today and I made some skins
TIny (remember kids dont pull your hat down so much)

The stylish zombie (in tinys suit)

Boxed in (what the hells wrong with me)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: October 17, 2010, 03:34:08 pm »
So I did a test to determine how much TNT can be set off by a single TNT charge. Unfortunately, I only had 1 TNT block. Fortunately, the penetration of TNT through TNT is exactly the same as TNT's penetration through Glass. So I conducted the experiment using glass instead.

In the last picture, you can see straight the the middle of the previously solid glass cube. This means that the test was successful, the TNT penetrated 4 blocks in all directions. Which we can also tell from the experiment is that penetration is a radius, meaning the most TNT a single TNT charge can activate  at once without throwing TNT everywhere is contained in a 4 block radius sphere. :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:41:12 pm by Mr. Wizard »

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3992 on: October 18, 2010, 11:32:13 am »

Spotted this screenshot elsewhere and now I want forests like this.
For visual appeal anyway. I could see how cutting them down properly would be a pain in the ass.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: October 18, 2010, 11:48:36 am »
seems easier than those big cluster**** trees in the main game...all you gotta do is dig down

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3994 on: October 18, 2010, 11:52:15 am »
Maybe lightly forested areas could have some of those smaller trees scattered around, and actual forest zones could have these ones.

Still, I'd like to go out into the world and find gigantic, freak of nature-sized trees.
Probably won't, but hey.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: October 18, 2010, 05:40:00 pm »
Hey people! Long time no talk!
I got Minecraft fixed, have TORCH WAREHOUSES, and a floating Island fort. I usually play on hard now-a-days.
Pics would take forever to make. I have around 1000 torches, no hacks.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3996 on: October 18, 2010, 06:19:02 pm »
SO COME ON DOWN TO SPARTANKING'S TORCH WAREHOUSE, WHERE WE'LL HANDLE ALL YOUR TORCH-RELATED NEEDS!
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: October 18, 2010, 06:24:47 pm »
In my pants.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: October 18, 2010, 06:27:37 pm »
AS AN UNWANTED RESULT OF A RECENT LAWSUIT, I AM IN POSSESSION OF HUNDREDS OF TORCHES, AND I'M PASSING THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU!  THEY ARE PRICED TO MOVE AND UNTIL THEY DO THEY ARE AN ENORMOUS FIRE HAZARD SO COME ON DOWN TO SPARTANKING'S TORCH EMPORIUM!
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: October 18, 2010, 06:36:39 pm »
I do hope he's able to liven up trees with the branch block he talked about briefly before.  I also hope that some day he'd make it so that they fall down instead of float.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: October 18, 2010, 07:49:50 pm »
Made of stone. :D '

EDIT: OH GOD NO
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:08:03 am by Spartan King 95 »
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: October 19, 2010, 10:22:23 am »
EDIT: OH GOD NO
PICTURE

You can attack them through the windows in the door without opening it.  Just be careful not to click on the door. 

You can also make an iron door that requires you to hit a button or lever to open it.  Then you can attack through it without worrying that you'll accidentally open it. 

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #4002 on: October 19, 2010, 10:44:09 am »
I cannot believe Notch is 2/5 of the way through 400,000 sales and still doing 6-7k a day.
Just... madness.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4003 on: October 19, 2010, 11:43:06 am »
Just gonna quote his latest blog post for you guys, bold for emphasis.

Perhaps this is the calm before the storm, but Ive got a nagging feeling Ive just been neglecting the blog.

I am still alive, and Im working hard. Not as hard as I should, mainly due to a cold and me having the apartment for myself this week (yay, coding in my underwear!).

Weve signed the papers for the company, and weve found an office. We havent signed the office yet, but its perfect for us and as long as the owner wants us, well take it.
Mojang is now six people strong, three programmers, one pixel artist, one CEO and one Business Developer. Its likely well grow even more in the near future, but this will get us started nicely.

I was going to send a sneak preview of the Halloween update to a certain website last week for an exclusive preview, but I missed that date pretty bad. I will try to get that update out as soon as possible.
The update is going well. There are six new block types (five of them have unique abilities), one new monster, a new dimension, and a couple of bug fixes. Once I get the portals working, Ill have something very interesting going and Ill spend the rest of the time leading up to the release adding new smaller features and polishing stuff.

And fixing bugs.

Honestly, I'm still wondering if he can get all that cool stuff done by Halloween. Nothing against him of course, just that he's really very busy.
I worry about the community response mostly. I think the only thing keeping these guys stable is the promise that this update is coming. D:
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #4004 on: October 19, 2010, 11:49:44 am »
Earth is right around the corner you guys. Keep it together.