Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 680901 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #3750 on: September 24, 2010, 06:05:11 am »
@Gauph - That is pretty much it lately though, he does some pointless friday update and some bugfixing, at random times he decides he has to take a week brake or go on a 1 month trip and then we're left waiting all over again for mostly pointless updates. He makes a ton load of money, I think he could dedicate a little more time to this project than he is right now.

@Pixxel - No need to host while you're away, my server is in serious need of population and we've got a mostly empty island so people can join and start building a city as someone already suggested a new map anyways.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Online Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3751 on: September 24, 2010, 06:50:27 am »
Yeah, it has been awful slow for a long time now.
I kind of expected minecarts to have been fixed ages ago. New features are fun new surprises regardless of any secrets, but me, I'd just like multiplayer smoothed out and some proper minecarts.
I've been holding back building my underwater subway tunnels for ages. It's killing me.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if everyone and their grandmother has the same plans that I do.
Suddenly, rollercoasters. Thousands of them.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: September 24, 2010, 07:32:37 am »
Yeah, it has been awful slow for a long time now.
I kind of expected minecarts to have been fixed ages ago. New features are fun new surprises regardless of any secrets, but me, I'd just like multiplayer smoothed out and some proper minecarts.
I've been holding back building my underwater subway tunnels for ages. It's killing me.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if everyone and their grandmother has the same plans that I do.
Suddenly, rollercoasters. Thousands of them.

Yes, I want to build a subway system in SMP but he hasn't fixed them yet :(

If I were Notch, these would be my priorities:

1. Finish SMP so that it behaves as good as Singleplayer.
2. Take 2 weeks to work on Biomes.
3. Go back to regular friday surprise updates.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: September 24, 2010, 07:52:22 am »
@Pixxel - No need to host while you're away, my server is in serious need of population and we've got a mostly empty island so people can join and start building a city as someone already suggested a new map anyways.
I think the problem when you host is that you change the map too often so people feel discouraged to make any bigger projects.
At least I feel it's been like that in the past, but you do make pretty cool maps. :)

I also think people feel like Gaup do. Not enough new content and still a bit buggy.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: September 24, 2010, 08:13:54 am »
I think the problem when you host is that you change the map too often so people feel discouraged to make any bigger projects.
At least I feel it's been like that in the past, but you do make pretty cool maps. :)

I also think people feel like Gaup do. Not enough new content and still a bit buggy.

The map was only different on the day I re-opened the server, I changed it still on that day and has been the same map since then, besides there's no need to change the map when I just go out exploring the world and setting warp points to interesting locations, then Clarke suggested we make a warp wall so I made a wall listing all the important locations that people can warp to, e.g. we got mountains, lakes, land caves (huge masses of land forming caves above the ground level), etc. But we're mostly trying to build a city on the island we're on and along the coast of the mainland as I built a bridge there (with supports).

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: September 24, 2010, 08:37:55 am »
might be worth making a list of warp location when arrive at the warp so you can easily remember when you get there.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: September 24, 2010, 11:17:42 am »
might be worth making a list of warp location when arrive at the warp so you can easily remember when you get there.

People can always /home and check the warp wall again or type /listwarps

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: September 24, 2010, 07:42:44 pm »
Could you post a map, Dark?

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: September 24, 2010, 08:31:53 pm »
I guess that everyone who wants a subway could help make one. I wanted to make one too but it's gonna be fully automated with a minecart always ready to go.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: September 24, 2010, 08:53:58 pm »
With huge stockpiles of coal at 'stations'

Remember that lower slopes are preferred by powered carts.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: September 24, 2010, 08:54:43 pm »
You could also use the booster method of cart acceleration, if you wanted to cheat a little.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: September 24, 2010, 10:31:40 pm »
I just use a giant train of carts about 4 long with 1 of them a powered cart. The boost I get sends me flying up a hill. Too bad I raged and deleted that save. I was down at my base  I built when the sound was not working. When the sound came back I kept hearing monsters as  I explored I was clearing cavern after cavern, I got tired of being owned by skeletons since I was just using a sword and after being raped several times over I just quit and deleted the save.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: September 24, 2010, 10:58:05 pm »
A useful tutorial on how to make a good fireplace.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs</a>
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: September 24, 2010, 11:06:19 pm »
That's a great video.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Online Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3764 on: September 25, 2010, 01:21:59 am »
I think a few people here have had similar accidents themselves.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom