Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 678821 times)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #3675 on: September 19, 2010, 09:39:42 pm »
I'm having lots of fun myself. I wandered off to this little island I was gonna settle on, but I noticed there were some diamonds on this island a little further off.
I told Rysworld and he found his way to my little island but on the other side. He got an even better look at the diamond island, spotting even more. I made my way to him and counted 20 diamond blocks sticking out.
We made a bridge to it and started digging the hell out of the thing. I've been digging rooms and collecting diamonds on that one island for like two hours.

Built a little altar thing too underneath. Gonna extend bridges in four directions quite a ways.

EDIT: This article.. my god.
http://gamercrave.com/minecraft-review-and-message/4348/

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:38:22 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: September 19, 2010, 10:52:11 pm »
I was put off playing Minecraft since I played the freebie version way back when it was 'new'.
And some friends poked me into trying it. Lo and behold, a server crash and a free weekend.

Minecraft didn't cost me 10. My story is that my PC is still having random freezing issues, very likely due to some of my hardware. Every freeze-crash seems to cause a little backstep in the immediate data during the crash. My winamp playlist reverts to the one I had prior to starting up my computer when it froze. And Minecraft? IT DELETES THE WORLD I WAS IN, and then REFUSES TO RESTORE FROM A BACKED UP FOLDER. ffffffffffffff~
So I decided to finally take the dive, and poked around for a new motherboard and CPU, and get forced to find new RAM too. I wince at the price but put the order up. I could have held off easily because my computer is still pretty strong... but... but... minecraft. My lost floating castle. My towering mage's spire. My tree town. All gone.
So. 10? Try 330.
Damnit Notch.

Okay so now i've finished regaling you with my thrillingly long-winded tale of the day, I get to remind you all of how assholish Paypal can be. You all know that Notch had his Paypal account frozen with a huge heap of money in, without any reason other than the usual "suspicious transaction", right? I'm sure you've all heard the horror stories about Paypal, and seen the pattern with Paypal freezing accounts with large amounts of money in, refusing to offer up any specifics, keeping it on ice for 6-12 months and claiming all the interest during that period? Yeah, well, apparently Paypal only unfroze his account because he agreed to some VERY suspect terms. Paypal wants a 5% 'reserve' of all of his sales going through that account. He had to agree, otherwise they might have tried to seize the funds. The tl;dr version of this and common dealings with paypal is : If you must use Paypal, never attach credit-cards to your account, and never allow a large amount of money in there[/i]. That s**t can't be legal, but they keep getting away with it despite a constant light shower of legal investigations.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:59:38 pm by Uroboros »

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3677 on: September 19, 2010, 10:57:24 pm »
Bunch of ****ing mobsters. What the hell?
Wonder if Notch can set up a more direct scheme? Toss those paypal dicks out on their ass and start billing cards direct.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: September 20, 2010, 01:18:39 am »
The DarkDragon server is completely glitching up for me, it's annoying.

I fixed that.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: September 20, 2010, 05:19:39 am »
jesus chris uro, when is your computer not ****ing you over?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: September 20, 2010, 09:33:54 am »
Haha, well it is getting better.
If you recall the constant freezing lockups I had when playing L4D2 with you guys, that was just part of the problem i'm still getting now. First of all, it was a faulty processor that was doing it, which got replaced. Then I found out that whilst my motherboard supports the processor, my -version- of the motherboard just doesn't like dualcore processors, and sometimes flips out. This is why i'm finally taking the dive for a new motherboard and CPU. After all this time fixing little things, i've learned how to build a PC, and I don't have to rely on the family-friend who accidentally kept causing all of my hardware issues.

Soon. The world will be mine.
Or maybe that should be "The mine-world will be soon"

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: September 20, 2010, 09:36:41 am »
You could always disable one of the cores but that would mean a crappish computer.

I traveled far and far on the skylands map, if you don't like sky islands you can go to the mainland using the following command:

/warp mainlands

If you want to go back to the Skyislands just type:

/warp skyhouse
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline art_is_a_mathform

• Phoenix Fighter
  • so sincere right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: September 20, 2010, 02:59:49 pm »
Anybody got a workaround for the no sounds thing? It's really starting to bug me. No warnings when monsters are around...
Quote from: Carl Sagan
One of the great revelations of the age of space exploration is the image of the earth finite and lonely...

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: September 20, 2010, 03:09:28 pm »
You know, if I had ANY money, I'd buy this. :<

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: September 20, 2010, 03:13:47 pm »
Guess you'll just have to work the corners.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3685 on: September 20, 2010, 03:27:52 pm »
We're gonna need more aspergite.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: September 20, 2010, 04:45:38 pm »
I tried to play on Dark's server, but I just ended up on a newly spawned world.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: September 20, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »
I'm on there too, it looks like it changed.

An island, right?

-EDIT- I tried "/warp skylands" and it teleported me somewhere high in the sky.

Then the game crashed.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:57:21 pm by rysworld »

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: September 20, 2010, 05:11:19 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs</a>

isnt fire just great :3

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: September 20, 2010, 05:53:30 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I</a>

I love this trailer someone made. It's on Kotaku and I just saw it on Wired.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.