Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 682000 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #3645 on: September 18, 2010, 03:16:40 pm »
The new exe fixed it.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: September 18, 2010, 04:38:20 pm »
Huh.

I found an empty spawner.

Here's a pic, as good a one as I can get. It's paused, but you can clearly see that the spawner's empty.

This is probably because this is an undersand dungeon. The entire thing was... well, under sand, as you can see.

-EDIT- It doesn't appear to spawn anything, either. I dug around the dungeon looking for the chests, maybe taking two minutes, and nothing appeared. How odd.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:43:08 pm by rysworld »

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: September 18, 2010, 04:44:19 pm »
is multiplayer stable yet?

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: September 18, 2010, 04:48:06 pm »
Yes Kaizer it is.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: September 18, 2010, 04:57:31 pm »
I've noticed that spawners have been empty since the previous update.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: September 18, 2010, 05:03:09 pm »
No, I found a working spider spawner in another dungeon, in the same session I'm playing now.

(When I say "session", it means one sitting.)

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: September 18, 2010, 05:04:06 pm »
Could it be that you're on peaceful? And mine's working again; I was messing around with it, and something I did worked.

Does anyone have a complete list of the stuff added in the friday update?

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: September 18, 2010, 05:08:26 pm »
No, I'm on normal.

Wouldn't it just spawn pigs on peaceful?

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: September 18, 2010, 05:10:35 pm »
I dunno.

Hah, anyone check out Notch's twitter? Look at this formspring he set up a few minutes ago, here.

Edit: This pretty much sums up my feelings on the issue:

I know I'm fairly new to the forums (in fact, just joined today), and I only purchased the game a week or so ago, but I feel as though the extreme levels to disrespect being shown towards Notch are completely uncalled for. It's saddening to look at the comments on these forums along with his blog and twitter just to see trolls spamming obscenities right along side unsatisfied players (the worst part being that you can hardly tell them apart).

The man has gone in the past few months from a humble, one-man basement developer to an up-and-coming innovative indie developer in the public eye. This game is getting more and more hits, cultural references, and purchases every day. He's working on building up a company to deal with all the stress (which honestly, much be IMMENSE by now), and that has taken him away from developing what a lot of the community would call "serious" updates for the past few weeks. The problem with this being that as his game grows, so does the community, and every individual person in that community has different ideas of how the game should be run. Given the anonymity of the internet, this means that every single dissatisfied player can, without penalty, tell him just how much they want to gut him for being lazy.

Really, I just wanted to write this post in the hopes that, if Notch happens to take a break from trying to fix the site and other things to look at the forums he'll see that some people really do appreciate all of the work he is doing to try and make this absolutely amazing game even better. It isn't fair that the only thing he sees while working his ass off is people telling him to work harder.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:13:03 pm by Clarke »

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #3654 on: September 18, 2010, 07:41:29 pm »
There are people out there who have the nerve to berate Notch for not updating?
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: September 18, 2010, 07:47:14 pm »
Oh god, yes. Look at the comment section under the secret Saturday update. So many trolls.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3656 on: September 18, 2010, 09:01:10 pm »
"OMG HERE COMES THE NOTCH DEFENSE BRIGADE"

Pff.
These trolls are clever little bastards. So if you say anything against people who are outright bitching, you get lumped together with a bunch of Notch worshiping schmucks (and there are lots).
Though now if you have a legitimate complaint, you'll sometimes get thrown in with the troll crowd.

The comments have gotten really bad lately.

EDIT:
Love how notchdrones defend every inch of **** notch takes on the community.

BUT THE GAME IS STILL IN ALPHAAAA HURRRRRRR

>Notch had one month of free time
->Comes back and after one week on the eagerly awaited friday update he decides to eat some lunch and drink a beer and say **** you to updates for today.
-->Notchdrones suck it up and rage at everyone who is disappointed by Notch doing nothing

>Nocth anounces Health working in SMP last week
->We get nothing

>Notch adds Sneaking and thinks it's the next greatest hit
->It's ****

>hypes the **** out of his next update
->3 things added from which one doesn't work

If you follow his twitter and other stuff, you see that he rarely codes for minecraft. He's doing almost everything except working.

Now go and flame me you little Notchdrones and dont forget to play the ALPHA card

And that's not even the worst.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:07:11 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: September 18, 2010, 09:11:16 pm »
I think the spawning is a little messed up at the moment. I play on 'hard' and when morning comes there is a spot that spawns a half-dozen animals. That same area, many levels below, has a lava room where there is an endless spawn fo Creepers and Slimes (and of course the diamonds on just on the other side). I thought they might be dropping in from somewhere, but the walls are solid and one slime respawn keeps popping up in the same corner.

Oh well.

-Lego

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: September 19, 2010, 05:09:53 am »

Pff.
These trolls are clever little bastards. So if you say anything against people who are outright bitching, you get lumped together with a bunch of Notch worshiping schmucks (and there are lots).
Though now if you have a legitimate complaint, you'll sometimes get thrown in with the troll crowd.

The comments have gotten really bad lately.

EDIT:
Love how notchdrones defend every inch of **** notch takes on the community.

BUT THE GAME IS STILL IN ALPHAAAA HURRRRRRR

>Notch had one month of free time
->Comes back and after one week on the eagerly awaited friday update he decides to eat some lunch and drink a beer and say **** you to updates for today.
-->Notchdrones suck it up and rage at everyone who is disappointed by Notch doing nothing

>Nocth anounces Health working in SMP last week
->We get nothing

>Notch adds Sneaking and thinks it's the next greatest hit
->It's ****

>hypes the **** out of his next update
->3 things added from which one doesn't work

If you follow his twitter and other stuff, you see that he rarely codes for minecraft. He's doing almost everything except working.

Now go and flame me you little Notchdrones and dont forget to play the ALPHA card

And that's not even the worst.

Despite the foul language, the sad truth is that he is kind of right  :(
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: September 19, 2010, 05:26:32 am »
Now I want to create a clan named that. >.>