Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 679961 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #2550 on: July 09, 2010, 12:26:40 pm »
You can't really compare multiplayer in Infiniminer to multiplayer in Minecraft. Infiniminer was built specifically for PvP, with two teams rushing to get the most gold. In contrast, Minecraft focusses far more on construction, which fosters co-operation.

Like hell I can't. And I'm going to compare it to the first iteration of Minecraft multiplayer too. People on the Internet are jerks, plain and simple. And if they're going to be jerks to me, I want an admin to **** them up.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: July 09, 2010, 12:34:03 pm »
Oh yeah, I didn't mean it like "You can build, so everybody is going to skip through flowered meadows together". I meant, and said, that Infiniminer has one clear goal: Two teams fighting each other to get the highest score". Since Minecraft focusses more on construction, and doesn't even have a point system, people are going to play the game differently. So you can't compare behaviour in Infiniminer directly with behaviour in Minecraft, though it can be similar.
You'll still have griefers, of course, and they shouldn't be ignored or left alone. That's what I said in the third paragraph.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2552 on: July 09, 2010, 12:36:39 pm »
My whole problem with this joke of a debate (not you, Didero, you did great - the other, larger debate) is that it seems like people are almost coming to the defense of trolls... or at least not exercising good pattern recognition. Also the entire argument is retarded. There's no reason to re-argue how to deal with trolls or  to expect that people will miraculously act different on the Internet. They've been acting like jerks for over a decade. That's not changing.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: July 09, 2010, 12:45:04 pm »
why should we care, we'll just be on a GS server. and if anyone griefs we can shun them on the forums and steal their lunch.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #2554 on: July 09, 2010, 01:01:03 pm »

Some exploring near spawn and i was sliding in the ocean and i found in the corner light going down and i was like wut?

So i go near and i look down and i see that.

After going down its just keeps going passing lots of ore and copper and passing that lava fall. I dont want to go farther till later

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: July 09, 2010, 02:37:53 pm »
Hey Celdur are you using the engie-tan skin from nerfnow?

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: July 09, 2010, 03:21:40 pm »
oh, thats from nerfnow? its pretty good...i forgot to change it back to godot

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #2557 on: July 09, 2010, 04:18:06 pm »
why should we care, we'll just be on a GS server. and if anyone griefs we can shun them on the forums and steal their lunch.
Well the question is if we should exclude ourselves in a separate server. I guess there's really no question if you can only see one answer.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #2558 on: July 09, 2010, 08:26:10 pm »
I keep thinking about how in the world you'd make a fort that's able to keep out players. Even a really thick wall can be dug through in no time. The only thing I can see working is a fortress floating above a lake of magma and even that's not foolproof. What might also work is two walls with magma sources sandwiched in between. If anyone digs through, they'll get a load of magma dumped on them.

Or, of course, obsidian walls.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: July 10, 2010, 12:12:09 am »
Well we could make the obsidian from getting lava sources, putting them where we want them and dumping water on them to make them harden to obsidian. This would probably be better than simply mining the obsidian because: mining obsidian is a pain and i have no idea how long it would take to find enough diamond to make the pickaxes to mine it with.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #2560 on: July 10, 2010, 08:30:55 am »
Gentlemen, I have been promoted to a moderator position on the Minecraft Forums.
I was surprised when I received the invitation, but I gladly accepted. That place needs all the support it can get.

I'm sure this won't at all get in the way of my hosting and administrative duties with the GS server, not to mention playing the thing.
I was recruited along with a large group of other new moderators to help with forum coverage. Forum traffic has spiked, and it'll only continue to rise as we get closer to beta. Can't imagine the storm when beta does hit, or you know.. gold.
They're going to split us up into different sections depending on the demand. So what I'll be doing is just performing check-ins, doing my usual forum browsing, looking at reports, and taking action when necessary.
That sorta stuff. I'm sure you have some idea how it goes.

Hope it works out okay.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: July 10, 2010, 08:46:49 am »
They need to give mods a ....mod that changes swords into banhammers in game.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2562 on: July 10, 2010, 08:48:00 am »
*party popper*

Also is this Minecraft forum worth the paper it's printed on?

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #2563 on: July 10, 2010, 09:05:28 am »
I been on the forums when i had a chance to start registering haha.

EDIT:

I CANT SAVE HIM!!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:26:17 pm by Summoner »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: July 10, 2010, 01:38:05 pm »
I currently don't own the game, but I'm gonna ask my dad if he'll buy it for me. I converted the price from Euros to USD, and it said 12.57, so...yeah, I may be playing with you guys in multiplayer soon!