Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 681311 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #2460 on: July 04, 2010, 12:38:59 am »
Woo I got my paid for game going and started a nice little mine in a cave I found. Started building a tower on the top of the hill on it as well.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: July 04, 2010, 03:41:20 am »
i like the idea of a community hub tower in the center of our domain, where everyone can share their ****.
i dont think we can really make a merry little town and expect everyone to stick to a ruleset, im probably gonna build a huge ****ing crazy place on my own somewhere, like i always do.

the fun in the multiplayer will be exploring land and getting resources in huge hostile cave systems together, and maybe collaborating on a big building or whatever.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: July 04, 2010, 04:57:53 am »
Hopefully a faster way to travel comes about very soon.

Yeah, and content creation seems like it'll be a cinch for Notch.  Look at all the stuff he creates on Fridays.  Imagine what he'll create once he is able to get the game into beta.  New blocks, tools, equipment, weapons, animals, monsters, etc.  And that's on top of all the new stuff he makes on Fridays.  So, if eropS thinks he's lost now, just wait until the game officially releases.

And just as a reminder, if you ever get overwhelmed or just want to be reminded, the minecraftwiki has a crafting page with all of the things you can craft, and explanations of what each does.   

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: July 04, 2010, 05:18:57 am »
Theres a small problem, the mines even though their technically infinite and there is an infinite amount of them we would quickly run out of local coal, iron, diamond etc. This would be a terrible inconvenience because as we slowly deplete the mines around us it would take longer for us to replenish our stores because we have to travel farther and farther to get to the newer mines.
Well, when I play I don't generally use caves to find ore. I'll dig a staircase down to two blocks above the base of the map, and dig a tunnel until it takes more than five minutes to get back to base. Then I'll dig one to my left, then to my right, and then back again. If I get this far, I'll usually just start criss-crossing the different tunnels. There's tons of ores in a given area, its just the trick of finding them. Of course, it isn't as fun as using caves, and eventually finding ores will take too much effort. Minetracks with accelerators are not just infinite, they're also extremely fast. Build two, accelerators facing one way on one and the opposite on another, and you can get to and come from anyplace you want quickly. Of course it would take quite a bit of iron, but iron's pretty abundant. Their may also be trains later and almost definitely boats in the near future, so it looks like we're pretty set transportation-wise.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: July 04, 2010, 07:10:23 am »
its easier to find special ores in caves, because its much more exposed, though you have to watch out for monsters.

also, lighthouse

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: July 04, 2010, 09:35:14 am »
Looks more like Sauron's tower.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:07:29 pm by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: July 04, 2010, 10:27:35 am »
I remember that
Does it look epic from inside?
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: July 04, 2010, 10:43:58 am »
sort of, not really

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: July 04, 2010, 10:45:57 am »
I probably won't be back home by the time SMP is released. :(

Kinda sucks, was hoping to have been around at the beginning of it all.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: July 04, 2010, 11:01:39 am »
I think it would be a good idea to set aside land so that each person can build a house big enough for them, but small enough to be reasonable. But I also think it would be cool to have the houses closer to each other, so that there could be alleyways and close quarters, almost like a city. I think that would give the impression that the city is bigger than it actually is. At the same time there could be main roadways for easier travel, but I would just like some creepy alleyways.

Just sayin

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: July 04, 2010, 11:46:11 am »
I think to get a head start on the mining that we should make a 103 cube of TNT about 6 units underground, that will make a crater large enough to open up some caves and start up the mining by destroying several blocks. We could make a coliseum on top of he crater as well.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: July 04, 2010, 11:54:08 am »
You COULD just make a staircase underground. That leads me to a cave almost invariably.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #2472 on: July 04, 2010, 11:55:13 am »
It's kind of difficult to get that much gunpowder. Unless you're suicidal and like wandering around at night.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: July 04, 2010, 11:57:34 am »
Well if your near spawn and don't mind being unarmored it's fine, if you die you can just get the stuff you drop.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: July 04, 2010, 12:03:40 pm »
You'd need 5000 gunpowder drops to make that much TNT O_O. Not to mention the 4000 sand! That's thousands of creepers and several beaches worth of sand and gunpowder!
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)