Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 679812 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #2130 on: March 04, 2010, 03:08:34 pm »
Everytime you make the map larger the more lag it gives me even on max fog so i cant make it

It's really a only-you problem, I can play on my server with an integrated graphics card on level 2 fog just fine.

Also, server name is now "[GS] DD's 512x512x256 Server"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 03:12:10 pm by DarkDragon »
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Digital Hellhound

• Rigel Rescuer
  • I refuse to be considered a mere nuisance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 05, 2010, 05:08:38 am »
Server looks great, nice cliffs. Can I be made into an user?

EDIT: Seriously, this looks perfect for one of my cliff-forts. Great map!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 05:24:25 am by Digital Hellhound »
I am the very model of a scientist salarian...

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 05, 2010, 06:32:45 am »
Where is this server? I can't find it.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 05, 2010, 06:56:50 am »
Where is this server? I can't find it.

It's in the multiplayer server list, it's called "[GS] DD's 512x512x256 Server"

@Digital Hellhound - Tell me your minecraft name exactly and I'll add you.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 05, 2010, 07:11:35 am »
Hey hey folks, when about to do potentially dangerous stuff, don't forget to save!
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!

Offline Digital Hellhound

• Rigel Rescuer
  • I refuse to be considered a mere nuisance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 05, 2010, 07:44:13 am »
@Digital Hellhound - Tell me your minecraft name exactly and I'll add you.

DigitalHellhound
I am the very model of a scientist salarian...

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 06, 2010, 07:49:19 pm »
Anyone want to join me on DarkDragon's server? Kinda lonely over here...

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 06, 2010, 09:15:17 pm »
I am on every so often. Just there are so few on that I leave quickly.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: March 06, 2010, 09:47:58 pm »
I got off after about thirty minutes after I got on. No-one else on.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 06, 2010, 10:55:58 pm »
Well, someone erased my vine-cobble stone pathway that I was going to turn into a pathway to awesomeness, so I am a little jaded.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: March 07, 2010, 03:14:39 pm »
Still can't play this game. it won't load.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 07, 2010, 03:32:08 pm »
What internet browser do you use?

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 07, 2010, 04:00:16 pm »
IE 7... why?  :(
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: March 07, 2010, 04:01:38 pm »
Is Java enabled on it?

Offline Eagle

• Donkey Kong King
  • I AM SO FASHIONABLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 07, 2010, 05:30:27 pm »
*Seasons have been delayed, Survival Multiplayer has moved up in priority and is now the first task after infinite worlds!
*Carryable light sources are now a possibility. He ruled them out initially as taking too much processing power because of the way lighting worked, but with the new lighting system it may be feasible, and you can even have colored light (glowing fungus, orange-tinted lanterns, etc)
*Torches will eventually burn out, but lanterns (harder to make) will last forever
*Multiplayer competitive modes with an end goal are planned. He used an example of two teams having an 'altar' at which gold must be burned away for points, and after a week (real time, but just an example) whoever had the most points would win and a new map would generate. He said since gold would burn off slowly the teams could raid each others' bases to steal their unburned gold. Evidently this was just one example of such a mode. This, of course, on top of normal or more open multiplayer modes.
*He really likes the idea of carts to carry large amounts of resources over long distances (esp. with infinite maps) but isn't quite sure how to deal with their moving restrictions.
*Ramp tiles may eventually be added since he dislikes the current half-blocks so much and doesn't want to add more of them.
*Future mobs and enemies will be fantasy themed, his example included kobolds and goblins. He said he really liked the idea of finding a goblin village while exploring in infinite mode, for example. Goblins will be small and swarming, while things like trolls will be huge and can throw destructive boulders. Golems were also confirmed.
*On that note, "Monster Towns" will be one of many things you can find in Infinite mode. Again, he mentioned the possibility of many goblins living there. You can play around with them or try and destroy them.
*The game will eventually have ragdolls for all models.
*He talked about making the crafting tree much deeper, but says he'll keep the actual method.
*Magic and Enchanting are planned but he hasn't really worked out any details yet, which is why we don't know anything about how it'll function.
*Apparently he gets less than 40% of all money, since paypal takes a few percent and Swedish taxes on it are roughly 60% (but hey he gets almost-free healthcare!)
*As of June 1st he's quitting his job to work solely on Minecraft.
*You can in fact haul lava with buckets, if you're using a suitable material.
*Zoos and the like are feasible since it will be possible to move and keep animals more easily, and they won't despawn.
*Smaller, weaker enemies may come in large groups
*Maps, compasses, and clocks are all confirmed, the latter two using animated textures.
*Like walking in the original Prince of Persia, crouching will make it so you can't fall off ledges, thus making crouching an easy way to build bridges!
*Diamond will last longer and be even better, right now Notch thinks it sucks.
*People keep asking for ladders, so he might end up adding them. But "ladders SUCK in games! Remember that time you fell off a ladder in [ANY FIRST PERSON SHOOTER HERE] and died? Or when you got stuck to one? Yeah, good times."
*He's going to attempt to make not only carts that can carry large amounts of goods over long distances (for things like caravan trains, trading between nations, moving to a new settlement) but also mine carts.
*There will be a downloadable offline version sometime during beta (that is, when MP survival mode is up).
*Megabeasts are again confirmed, and should hopefully be fun, and a challenge no matter how well-equipped you are, but never just annoying and uncontrollable like Sim City disasters.
*Mobs that can destroy blocks are confirmed, so you can no longer just camp out in a dirt-doored hut and be fully safe. However, "it has to be in some obvious way. Coming back to a ruined house when you weren't even around to stop it would be no fun. But seeing a couple of lava golems advance on your settlement and know they'd mess it up bad if they reach it would be quite fun indeed."
*Wild speculation on magic/enchanting: "I'm thinking you find ingredients by killing monsters (harder to farm), then you assemble them with some kind of alchemy, and attach it to items that decay when you use them. So if you manage to get a Sword of Being Cool +2, you might still want to avoid it because of the damage thing. Hopefully it's fun."
*Seasons: Leaves change color, more rain during the spring and fall, colder weather during the winter, causing the upper layer of still water to freeze into ice blocks (only when connected to land or other ice blocks, though, so it'd slowly spread), and snow falling to the ground, creating loads of snow blocks everywhere.
*Smoke blocks may be added, necessitating a chimney.
*The ability to play as monsters would be possible, he says, and in fact very easy. But if you didn't have an inventory survival mode would probably get boring.
Latest talk on #minecraft with notch
I am bloody FASHIONABLE eagle!1!