Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 679203 times)

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #1185 on: July 20, 2009, 08:22:54 am »
Lippy i was one of the few that came to your server so please host it again :P

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 20, 2009, 08:49:37 am »
Maybe when Survival comes out, or when Dark goes away.  But Gauph might be taking over his maps. 

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 20, 2009, 01:40:24 pm »
I can no longer host, starting from today, I should be able to start hosting again sometime next month, I'm moving to another place so it will take a while to get an internet connection up and running and even then I might not be able to host all day. I'll make a compilation of all the vanilla big maps I can find and zip them, gauph can use them or make his own maps in the map editor, or he can just let the game generate a standard map. That is, providing he is willing to start hosting again.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 20, 2009, 04:41:43 pm »
I know how to host, but I don't want to keep my PC on 24/7. It will die!

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 20, 2009, 06:23:02 pm »
Believe me, PCs can run for years before any of the components die, mine has been on since I bought it 1 year ago, the previous one was on for 5 years and it never died, I just bought new parts and made a new one because I wanted to play recent games and the motherboard was too old to just upgrade parts.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 20, 2009, 06:50:13 pm »
so do we have a server running?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 20, 2009, 07:45:14 pm »
I don't think we do...
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 21, 2009, 05:50:12 pm »
Believe me, PCs can run for years before any of the components die, mine has been on since I bought it 1 year ago, the previous one was on for 5 years and it never died, I just bought new parts and made a new one because I wanted to play recent games and the motherboard was too old to just upgrade parts.

What OS were you running, SupaLinux!? I know my copy of Windows could never stay on for more than a day without accumulating lag.
I think fish drown when they are knocked unconscious or pierced through the lung.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1193 on: July 21, 2009, 05:54:15 pm »
I know my copy of Windows could never stay on for more than a day without accumulating lag.

Huh... there are definitely some legitimate complains about Windows but it's not that bad. And you should be rebooting your computer at least once a day anyway.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 21, 2009, 07:09:12 pm »
I always leave my work computer on, but it usually shuts down on its own when Windows Update runs while I'm away. 

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 21, 2009, 09:13:11 pm »

What OS were you running, SupaLinux!? I know my copy of Windows could never stay on for more than a day without accumulating lag.

I obviously restarted once in a while, but overall it was "always" on, excluding those times where I restarted or when I went on vacation.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 22, 2009, 03:05:00 am »
I always leave my work computer on, but it usually shuts down on its own when Windows Update runs while I'm away. 

Haven't you people learned? You should allways keep that thing turned off.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 22, 2009, 05:36:50 am »
I've learned.  It killed my computer once.   ONCE.  Never again!  My company however hasn't learned and tells us to leave it on. 

So, if any of our computers dies from an automatic update, it's not our problem.

These are the people who make it a point to order name brand HP computers for the warranty and tech support, instead of using the same money to have our techs build us better computers from parts.  We build our own servers for our customers.  So we have the people to build new computers.  And when the HPs die, they never call tech support, they just send the computer back to the techs anyway.  Sigh.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 22, 2009, 06:37:35 pm »
At my previous job the IT dept there kept insisting we turn everything off at the end of the day. Saving power and a whole other list of things if memory serves.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Hax
« Reply #1199 on: July 23, 2009, 05:02:55 pm »
So I got the flying hack for minecraft right, but it lags up my game so much I can't even play. Can anyone help me here?
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.