Poll

Hurp

Durp
Derp

Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 680753 times)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft (new poll added; please share!)
« Reply #960 on: June 30, 2009, 08:03:29 pm »
Hey Kitkat... Snickers wipes the floor with your pansy ass.
I agree. ;D
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 01, 2009, 07:48:00 am »
So you guys don't like the minecraft music?

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\.minecraft\resources

The sounds are there in ogg format, save the sounds you want to replace as ogg and rename them to replace the others.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 01, 2009, 11:10:39 am »
Sorry for double post but this is important, Gungnir and Gauphastus, I'd appreciate if you guys just leave the game like a normal person instead of kicking yourselves, it's not the first time people get confused when they see you get kicked for no reason and then they complain because you weren't doing anything wrong and I have to tell them you kicked yourselves, which isn't very believable.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 01, 2009, 02:26:34 pm »
Aww...heh. Yeah, that's cool though.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 01, 2009, 02:37:02 pm »
I do it to prevent a ghost of myself and wasting a spot.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 01, 2009, 04:32:08 pm »
Waht the hell is wrong with kitkat and josasa? I made something and then they digg a hole down the middle. WTF? I made it and when I try to fix it they dig again. Then I get kicked.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 01, 2009, 05:08:07 pm »
I don't know how you got kicked, but you were cursing up a storm. And as I was saying many, many, many times before (but you can't seem to listen) I had mapped out the center of that stadium long before and built the underwater glass tunnel. I was there before you, someone must have filled in those things before.

Anyway, the Awesome Psychedelic Tube of Awesomeness has been constructed. It is currently the only structure (besides the sphere) to touch the glass platform. I suggest you go to the top, set your spawn point there and go down it a few times!

Warning! If you are subject to seizures, do not go down the Awesome Psychedelic Tube of Awesomeness

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 01, 2009, 10:33:15 pm »
FYI the server just went down not sure if it was intentinally was taken down by DD or what just letting you all know.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 01, 2009, 11:15:08 pm »
My internet connection went down and then I forgot to turn it back on, it has been back on for a while now though.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 02, 2009, 01:02:10 am »

Go Hammertime Ninja!!! ;D
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #970 on: July 02, 2009, 01:32:07 am »
Sorry for double post but this is important, Gungnir and Gauphastus, I'd appreciate if you guys just leave the game like a normal person instead of kicking yourselves, it's not the first time people get confused when they see you get kicked for no reason and then they complain because you weren't doing anything wrong and I have to tell them you kicked yourselves, which isn't very believable.

If Notch would fix the thing so we disconnected properly, then this wouldn't be a problem.
It's been mentioned to him though, awhile back. Maybe I'll bring it up again.
For those who aren't aware, the problem is that I'll close the game but the stupid thing will apparently still leave me connected. The same goes for pretty much everybody else, as I've quite often had to kick idlers (but really, they're just diconnected). And yeah, people used to ask questions back then too but eventually, everybody understood what was going on.
I don't even know why anybody would complain about kicking seeing as it's completely harmless. Like I've said before, it's more of a taunting gesture from the op than anything else.  ::)

Yeah, so I noticed this lots of times on my own server. You'll have these spaced-out idlers floating everywhere not doing anything; not only that, unless you say you're leaving, people will assume you're still there because you technically are.

I try to say "Ignore this." most of the time before I kick myself out but I suppose I could just say "I'm kicking myself for proper logout."
Otherwise, I can just stop my random check-ins.

But yeah, Notch is sick or something. I'll try to mention the issue to him again, but I'm not sure if we'll get anything soon.

EDIT: Email sent. I went over the issue and the problems it causes. Told a couple of stories.
I believe it has something to do with tabbed browsing. I'm aware that if you shut down the entire browser process, Java goes away and you disconnect from the game.
However, if you run Minecraft in a tab alongside other tabs that you continue to use after leaving the game, Java continues to run leaving you connected to Minecraft for a potentially long time.
Unless you close the browser completely or join a different Minecraft game, you'll be left floating there.
We'll see if he can fix this.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:57:10 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft (poll reset; now how do you feel?)
« Reply #971 on: July 02, 2009, 06:43:54 am »
I simple "disconnect" button would be nice. 

I noticed in the console for the server, there's an error message about the user before the game disconnects them.  It seems as if the disconnection is more the side effect of not receiving player info anymore, rather than getting a call to manually disconnect them, ie: kick.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 02, 2009, 12:34:05 pm »
We had a player named Swiss join the server while I was away, only Froman was there and he didn't notice, while alone this player flooded the colliseum, destroyed parts of roads and houses and was on his way to flood and underground base when I teleported to him and asked what he was doing, he then disconnected. He is banned now and I fixed most of the stuff, I ask each of you to check your stuff to see if it's fine, the map is looking great and I don't want to see stuff destroyed.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 02, 2009, 12:37:10 pm »
Hmm, I'm just gonna suggest that everyone have a few hidden sponges, at least near the top of anything built underground and to their entrances.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 02, 2009, 12:38:10 pm »
How did he flood the above ground Colosseum?
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)