Author Topic: I win  (Read 4037 times)

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
I win
« on: May 19, 2009, 06:26:52 pm »
A long ass time ago I used to post in this forum...

And there was this big dumb argument about whether creatures would be able to "roll", like a wheel.

I said that it was cool, but definitely would not be in the game.

Others disagreed and hence the fighting. I told them all they'd see that I was right in the end.

So, I'd just like to congratulate myself on being right (as always).

NAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAHNAH

You may think this is petty... and you'd be correct.

Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
Re: I win
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 06:35:17 pm »
Um, no offense, but I don't think anyone has really cared about that for at least a good two years.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 06:40:44 pm »
YOU THINK WE CARED! :D
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh...

oh god thats gold!
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:08:02 pm »

Mine roll. I don't know what you are talking about.

gec05

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 07:50:04 pm »
On top of that, a lot of who you argued with lost interest in Spore long before it came out or are no longer coming here.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 01:44:28 am »
Technically, creatures could actually roll like a wheel in Spore.

It's just that the rolling animation cannot be controlled.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 04:37:34 am »
On top of that, a lot of who you argued with lost interest in Spore long before it came out or are no longer coming here.
Yep alot of people left right when spore came out and only few stayed one of them me :P

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 04:37:34 am »
a MUCH MUCH more intriguing discussion was the discussion about if you could make a chain saw part in spore. or if it was possible in real nature for any animal to have something like that. I think a poster did post a video with some sort of chain saw in the wild. it was a very tiny insect that had something that worked like that...
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 09:24:25 am »
You probably could with the Spurprise part and creative use of limbs. As for actual real-life occurances of biological chainsaws, I doubt it. Serrated horns or mandibles are the closest you'll probably get.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 09:30:56 am »
What about the gradulus?  They discussed it in the dvd that came with galactic edition.  it's the mouth of the lamprey I think, it is essentially an organic buzzsaw.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline darkwanderer

• Astrosmasher!
  • Step into the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 09:34:21 am »
[sarcasm] Wow, what great use of the boards space :) [\sarcasm

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 03:44:12 am »
I think it is a very nice discussion. Infact any discussion where you actually can learn something is worth using board space on. Furthermore Who has not thought on a gigant chainsaw monster LOL
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.