Author Topic: What's your personality type?  (Read 20332 times)

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Re: What's your personality type?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 07:30:02 am »
ENFJ,though i don't exactly like the initial websites decription...

I'm no Cult Leader...

these descriptions:
http://typelogic.com/enfj.html
http://keirsey.com/personality/nfej.html

much nicer...
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 08:21:58 am »
The INTP article on that site was written by a guy named Joe Butt. Anyway, some famous INTPs are as follows:

Socrates
Sir Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life) (Oh, God...)

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 01:41:48 pm »
Not entirely correct, but fun none the less.

INFJ: The Conspiracy Theorist

Beneath the calm, collected exterior of the INFJ lies the horrible reality of someone who has seen The Truth. The INFJ knows what other people are too naive or too brainwasted to admit: the Conspiracy is real. Mistrustful and suspicious, the INFJ is not easily fooled, and does not take the word of the government-controlled medico-military-industrial complex for anything. Whether it's uncovering the plot by butter-eating Jews to clog the arteries of Christian folk with artificial margarine or discovering the secret laboratory in Tibet that's producing legions of Jimmy Carter clones that will be sent out to seize the manufacturing facilities in the Guangdong Province of China under the pretext of inspecting chickens for influenza, there is no lengths the INFJ won't go to in order to blow the lid off the whole thing.

INFJs can often be found holding down jobs as AM radio talk-show hosts. They can also be found driving taxis in the greater Washington, DC area. Other common jobs often held by INFJs include vagrant, loony, whacko, and writer/director/producer of the television show "Seinfeld." INFJs can also be found feeding that crucial bit of information to determined FBI agents just before they are brutally murdered.

RECREATION: INFJs often come home from a hard day's work exposing conspiracies about how the government is poisoning us with mind-control agents spread by passenger airliners and unwind by spending all night writing Web sites exposing conspiracies about how NASA faked the Bush election.

COMPATIBILITY: INFJs are usually happiest and most successful in relationships with Julia Roberts, though the relationships may not end happily.

Famous INFJs include...well, if I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 02:33:02 pm »
unwind by spending all night writing Web sites exposing conspiracies about how NASA faked the Bush election.

Little known fact: NASA filmed the moon landing on a movie set... on the planet Mars
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 07:45:26 am »
INFP: The Idealist

The INFP is a dreamy, imaginitive, idealist, capable of finding the good in anything or anyone, even something as foul as Newark, New Jersey. INFPs are sometimes dangerous to the well-being of society as a whole, as they are prone to adopting subversive and destructive ideologies like "The world should be fair," "People should treat one another well," and "You know, 'Friends' is a really, really stupid television show."

These irrational thought patterns may sometimes cause INFPs to run off and join the circus, the Resistance, or the Rebellion, where they tend to do well in any position requiring excellent hand-eye coordination or mastery of the Force.

COMPATIBILITY: INFPs and ISTJs generally exhibit a natural predator/prey relationship, which, though it might appear harsh and cruel from the outside, is all part of the natural cycle of life. In fact, were it not for the predation of the ISTJ, the population of INFPs would soon grow to unsustainable levels, overwhelming the ability of their ecological niche to support them.

Famous idealists include that girl in your sixth-grade homeroom who got the teacher fired for saying that girls aren't good at math; that guy in the cubicle next to yours who got the manager fired for saying that women don't make good employees; and Anais Nin.

Hmmm... well I do like New Jersey since I live next to it... (Their grey sand is annoying though but oh well) and Friends is a stupid show.

;D

Offline 5pectre

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Eurocorp Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 04:17:22 pm »
ENTJ: The Commandant.
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 04:57:30 pm »
hence the chess pieces covered in blood?
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline 5pectre

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Eurocorp Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 05:00:05 pm »
hence the chess pieces covered in blood?

Happy coincidence!
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

Offline BPM

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 05:31:48 pm »
ISTP: The Psycho Vigilante

ISTPs are quiet, unassuming people, who tend to be mechanically gifted but withdrawn and reserved. ISTPs often need a great deal of personal space and "alone time," which may give others the impression that they are aloof; in reality, this time is necessary to hide their secret identities.

The typical ISTP leads a dual life; his outward reserve and quiet masks an inward seething rage at the injustice of life--often, the death of a loved one at the hands of a criminal. In this secret life, the ISTP uses his mechanical gifts to create a terrifying arsenal of bizarre weapons with which to strike fear into the heart of evil. Sometimes, ISTPs may become evil themselves, either slowly over a long period of time or in response to a perceived rejection from the very people they are trying to save.

RECREATION: ISTPs are happiest when they are building and constructing--either new weapons to smite their enemies, or new plots to destroy those who oppose them. They have a very industrial sense of aesthetics, and can spend hours absorbed in the appreciation of works of art such as a 1969 Hemi Cuda retrofitted with missile launchers and ejection seats.

COMPATIBILITY: ISTPs don't often get along well with their extroverted cousins, Evil Overlords and Mad Scientists. Instead, they prefer the company of INTPs, or perhaps their pets. Romantic relationships with ISTPs tend to be drawn-out, tragic affairs, filled with bitterness, longing, and teenage angst. The sex is usually pretty good, however.

Famous ISTPs include Spider-Man, Q, and Magneto.

I fail to see the similarities between Magneto and Spider-Man, but still good. =)
Currently playing:

Rocket Slime (DS)             Guitar Hero II (PS2)
Resistance (PS3)               Zelda (Wii)

So many good games, so little time...

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 05:43:19 pm »
INTP, an EGGHEAD.  >:(

Dont hate me for my 156 IQ, Hate me because... well, I guess that is as good a reason as any to hate me. :'(

( :D )

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 05:59:06 pm »
whoa...by a strange coincidence I had just done an online Myers-Briggs for fun before I saw this thread.

I was ISTP, IIRC.  Introverted, perceptive(which is totally wrong), ...and i forget what the other two letters mean.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 06:02:51 pm »
whoa...by a strange coincidence I had just done an online Myers-Briggs for fun before I saw this thread.

I was ISTP, IIRC. Introverted, perceptive(which is totally wrong), ...and i forget what the other two letters mean.
Sensing and Thinking.

IIRC?

http://www.typelogic.com/intp.html has a better explanation of what it is, and it has the others at the top and bottom as links. The accuracy of mine was astonishing.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 06:05:56 pm by Mr_Wizard »

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 06:08:08 pm »
introverted is obvious.  perceiving means that you are focused primarily on the sensory rather than the motor nervous system.  sensing refers to mentation based on established data.  this is analogous to neophobia as described by leary.  thinking refers to rational over emotional.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 06:15:13 pm »
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 06:22:20 pm »
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

LOL click on the neighbor link at the bottom of your ISTP page here.

Remember what I am when you do it.  :D