Author Topic: What's your personality type?  (Read 20498 times)

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
What's your personality type?
« on: November 24, 2005, 10:16:20 am »

I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: What's your personality type?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 11:38:38 am »
I'm an INTJ apparently, an Outside Contractor
what are you?

INTJ: The outside contractor

INTJs are solid, competent personalities who may seem aloof and even arrogant, but who are typically highly skilled in any field which interests them. INTJs are confident in their skills and knowledge, self-assured, and imaginitive; their exceptional problem-solving skills make them ideal architects, auto mechanics, and tools of the evil empire. While it requires the driving will to conquer of an ENTJ to imagine the Death Star and the evil genius of an ENTP to invent its devastating weapons systems, the skill and technical prowess of the INTJ is what makes the whole thing work.

The INTJ sees life as a problem to be solved. For that reason, the INTJ is the person a company brings in from the outside to streamline production processes and identify redundant assets for termination. The INTJ's combination of analyticial problem-solving skills and complete and utter disregard for the morality or consequences of his actions also make him ideal for the job of hatchet man, CIA operative, and helpdesk operator.

RECREATION: INTJs are often baffled by the strange and incomprehensible recreational rituals of other people, such as going to parties, watching television, and having sex. Instead, they prefer to spend their leisure time installing twin missile launchers in their cars to deter tailgaters and playing chess with megalomaniac CEOs of the Tyrell corporation.

COMPATIBILITY: Silly person, INTJs don't have relationships! They may, however build their own friends.

Famous INTJs include J. F. Sebastian and Sgt. Apone.

If I become a little more extrovert I'll be an Evil Overlord, Mwuhahahaha!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 02:05:00 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 01:53:07 pm »
ISFP: The Crackpot :-\

ISFP personalities are characterized by their impulsiveness, their defiance of conformity and orthodoxy, and their competitive natures. Taken together, these traits make up the ideal crackpot. While an ISFP's personality might seem flighty and their attention span short to an outsider, ISFPs live by the motto "Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!"

ISFPs are always on the cutting edge of new trends. Whether it's podcasting, taking up guitar, or running away to a far-off east African compound and joining a doomsday apocalyptic cult, ISFPs are always following their hearts and quickly embracing new ideas. However, they tend to be fleeting in their passions, which means they often may lack the dedication that marks a true cultist. While ISFPs often lack the dedication most people give to careers and family, they can still support themselves in more unorthodox ways, like by selling blood plasma, turning tricks, and mooching off their family.

RECREATION: ISFPs enjoy activities that cater to their emotional passions, and often pursue many hobbies, such as music, painting, sculpting, and running off to Vegas to marry that cute waitress from Mack's Truck Stop over on Route 9. Whenever God speaks to someone, it's usually an ISFP.

COMPATIBILITY: ISFPs do well in relationships with ISFJs and with anyone they meet in Las Vegas.

Famous ISFPs include Joan of Arc and--oh, look, potato chips!

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 01:58:17 pm »
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 01:58:32 pm »
Are all of them really mean, because mine said that I'm a complete dolt who can't do anything simple.

I'm INTP, by the way.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 02:08:10 pm »
acording to yours I'm the ideal companion. However, mine says i dont have friends :D I guess I could build one.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 02:10:43 pm »
Are all of them really mean, because mine said that I'm a complete dolt who can't do anything simple.

I'm INTP, by the way.

this just really cracked me up, it has to go in the funniest post thread :D

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 02:56:27 pm »
Seriously, if you thought yours was mean, read mine:

INTP: The Egghead

The typical INTP is a logical, abstract thinker whose intellect is ideally suited to understanding pure mathematics, linguistics, formal logic theory, and other pursuits unsuited to making a real living. The INTP can often understannd even the most subtle nuances of lattice quantum chromodynamics, but cannot perform more concrete tasks such as dressing himself, operating a motor vehicle, or opening a door. An INTP may be able to tell you how to construct a nuclear reactor from a coconut and two pieces of string, but may be completely incapable of fixing a hole in a boat.

The INTP is really only suited to two careers: college professor and game show contestant. Of these career choices, only one offers the financial rewards which allows him to suport himself; for that reason, INTPs often take the other path, and become tenured academics.

RECREATION: Surprisingly, INTPs are often the hit of the party--not for their sometimes annoying habit of turning every discussion into a debate about semantics nor for their fascinating stories about Pierre de Fermat's habit of writing things in the margins of his books, but for the fact that they often show up with their pants on backwards and that if you put a Post-It note reading "Kick Me" on an INTP's back, he won't notice it no matter how many people kick him. That kind of entertainment never gets old.

COMPATIBILITY: INTPs make ideal companions to INTJs, as neither of them notices they're in a relationship.

Famous INTPs include Pierre de Fermat.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 03:06:40 pm »
COMPATIBILITY: INFJs are usually happiest and most successful in relationships with Julia Roberts, though the relationships may not end happily.

Our relationship is fine, thanks.  I just dont let her out of the basement much anymore.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 03:12:05 pm »
COMPATIBILITY: INFJs are usually happiest and most successful in relationships with Julia Roberts, though the relationships may not end happily.

Our relationship is fine, thanks.  I just dont let her out of the basement much anymore.

That's going in the funniest posts thread.

Offline PineappleTheHun

• Mystery House Madman
  • Explodablicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 04:12:07 pm »
Profile: INTP
Revision: 3.0
Date of Revision: 27 Feb 2005

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

Me to a T.
Quote from: Borogove
I try to think of what mother nature would have done if she suffered major brain damage.
Quote from: Gaming Steve
You are wrong.
Quote from: Legodragonxp
Starship Troopers 2 had only two things worth seeing, but she died early on

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 05:44:08 pm »
I'm an INTP as well... see above.

-Lego

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 06:07:57 pm »
Thank you, Pineapple. Now I don't feel like a loser...

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 06:59:33 pm »
I remember taking these in High School and the category I fell into was "adventurer."  My friends and I decided this was just a nicer way to say "Homeless."-leeman

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 07:57:18 pm »
another INTP

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 07:30:02 am »
ENFJ,though i don't exactly like the initial websites decription...

I'm no Cult Leader...

these descriptions:
http://typelogic.com/enfj.html
http://keirsey.com/personality/nfej.html

much nicer...
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 08:21:58 am »
The INTP article on that site was written by a guy named Joe Butt. Anyway, some famous INTPs are as follows:

Socrates
Sir Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Filburt (Rocko's Modern Life) (Oh, God...)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 01:41:48 pm »
Not entirely correct, but fun none the less.

INFJ: The Conspiracy Theorist

Beneath the calm, collected exterior of the INFJ lies the horrible reality of someone who has seen The Truth. The INFJ knows what other people are too naive or too brainwasted to admit: the Conspiracy is real. Mistrustful and suspicious, the INFJ is not easily fooled, and does not take the word of the government-controlled medico-military-industrial complex for anything. Whether it's uncovering the plot by butter-eating Jews to clog the arteries of Christian folk with artificial margarine or discovering the secret laboratory in Tibet that's producing legions of Jimmy Carter clones that will be sent out to seize the manufacturing facilities in the Guangdong Province of China under the pretext of inspecting chickens for influenza, there is no lengths the INFJ won't go to in order to blow the lid off the whole thing.

INFJs can often be found holding down jobs as AM radio talk-show hosts. They can also be found driving taxis in the greater Washington, DC area. Other common jobs often held by INFJs include vagrant, loony, whacko, and writer/director/producer of the television show "Seinfeld." INFJs can also be found feeding that crucial bit of information to determined FBI agents just before they are brutally murdered.

RECREATION: INFJs often come home from a hard day's work exposing conspiracies about how the government is poisoning us with mind-control agents spread by passenger airliners and unwind by spending all night writing Web sites exposing conspiracies about how NASA faked the Bush election.

Famous INFJs include...well, if I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 02:33:02 pm »
unwind by spending all night writing Web sites exposing conspiracies about how NASA faked the Bush election.

Little known fact: NASA filmed the moon landing on a movie set... on the planet Mars

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 07:45:26 am »
INFP: The Idealist

The INFP is a dreamy, imaginitive, idealist, capable of finding the good in anything or anyone, even something as foul as Newark, New Jersey. INFPs are sometimes dangerous to the well-being of society as a whole, as they are prone to adopting subversive and destructive ideologies like "The world should be fair," "People should treat one another well," and "You know, 'Friends' is a really, really stupid television show."

These irrational thought patterns may sometimes cause INFPs to run off and join the circus, the Resistance, or the Rebellion, where they tend to do well in any position requiring excellent hand-eye coordination or mastery of the Force.

COMPATIBILITY: INFPs and ISTJs generally exhibit a natural predator/prey relationship, which, though it might appear harsh and cruel from the outside, is all part of the natural cycle of life. In fact, were it not for the predation of the ISTJ, the population of INFPs would soon grow to unsustainable levels, overwhelming the ability of their ecological niche to support them.

Famous idealists include that girl in your sixth-grade homeroom who got the teacher fired for saying that girls aren't good at math; that guy in the cubicle next to yours who got the manager fired for saying that women don't make good employees; and Anais Nin.

Hmmm... well I do like New Jersey since I live next to it... (Their grey sand is annoying though but oh well) and Friends is a stupid show.

;D

Offline 5pectre

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Eurocorp Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 04:17:22 pm »
ENTJ: The Commandant.
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 04:57:30 pm »
hence the chess pieces covered in blood?
I have been told

Offline 5pectre

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Eurocorp Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 05:00:05 pm »
hence the chess pieces covered in blood?

Happy coincidence!
"Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

Offline BPM

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 05:31:48 pm »
ISTP: The Psycho Vigilante

ISTPs are quiet, unassuming people, who tend to be mechanically gifted but withdrawn and reserved. ISTPs often need a great deal of personal space and "alone time," which may give others the impression that they are aloof; in reality, this time is necessary to hide their secret identities.

The typical ISTP leads a dual life; his outward reserve and quiet masks an inward seething rage at the injustice of life--often, the death of a loved one at the hands of a criminal. In this secret life, the ISTP uses his mechanical gifts to create a terrifying arsenal of bizarre weapons with which to strike fear into the heart of evil. Sometimes, ISTPs may become evil themselves, either slowly over a long period of time or in response to a perceived rejection from the very people they are trying to save.

RECREATION: ISTPs are happiest when they are building and constructing--either new weapons to smite their enemies, or new plots to destroy those who oppose them. They have a very industrial sense of aesthetics, and can spend hours absorbed in the appreciation of works of art such as a 1969 Hemi Cuda retrofitted with missile launchers and ejection seats.

COMPATIBILITY: ISTPs don't often get along well with their extroverted cousins, Evil Overlords and Mad Scientists. Instead, they prefer the company of INTPs, or perhaps their pets. Romantic relationships with ISTPs tend to be drawn-out, tragic affairs, filled with bitterness, longing, and teenage angst. The sex is usually pretty good, however.

Famous ISTPs include Spider-Man, Q, and Magneto.

I fail to see the similarities between Magneto and Spider-Man, but still good. =)
Currently playing:

Rocket Slime (DS)             Guitar Hero II (PS2)
Resistance (PS3)               Zelda (Wii)

So many good games, so little time...

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 05:43:19 pm »
INTP, an EGGHEAD.  >:(

Dont hate me for my 156 IQ, Hate me because... well, I guess that is as good a reason as any to hate me. :'(

( :D )

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 05:59:06 pm »
whoa...by a strange coincidence I had just done an online Myers-Briggs for fun before I saw this thread.

I was ISTP, IIRC.  Introverted, perceptive(which is totally wrong), ...and i forget what the other two letters mean.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 06:02:51 pm »
whoa...by a strange coincidence I had just done an online Myers-Briggs for fun before I saw this thread.

I was ISTP, IIRC. Introverted, perceptive(which is totally wrong), ...and i forget what the other two letters mean.
Sensing and Thinking.

IIRC?

http://www.typelogic.com/intp.html has a better explanation of what it is, and it has the others at the top and bottom as links. The accuracy of mine was astonishing.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 06:05:56 pm by Mr_Wizard »

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 06:08:08 pm »
introverted is obvious.  perceiving means that you are focused primarily on the sensory rather than the motor nervous system.  sensing refers to mentation based on established data.  this is analogous to neophobia as described by leary.  thinking refers to rational over emotional.
I have been told

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 06:15:13 pm »
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 06:22:20 pm »
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

LOL click on the neighbor link at the bottom of your ISTP page here.

Remember what I am when you do it.  :D

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2006, 08:16:44 pm »
"Your Horoscope for Today" by Yankovic happened to come up on my playlist as I read that.

I felt like I was hit with a solid block of irony, dropped from a good height.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2006, 09:09:26 pm »
I'm an ENTP, and that description was very accurate.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 12:40:16 pm »
I'm ENTP as well, and it's indeed very accurate. Amazing.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 12:46:26 pm »
Let's take it again and see if we get the same results...

Here is what I got this time...

ENFJ: The Cult Leader

ENFJs are big thinkers. They are extremely charismatic, and wish to offer the benefit of their wisdom to the world at large. They tend to see the grand scheme of things, and to be able to deduce connections between things that other people miss; these psychological personality traits are the result fo the fact that they are the Messiah.

ENFJs use their charisma and their knowledge to teach others, benevolently helping their fellow man reach a higher plane of evolution through such unorthodox but enlightened means as Psychic Third Nostril Enlargement. They then retire to secluded farmhouses in rural areas, where their followers express appreciation for the ENFJs by signing over all their worldly possessions and giving up their wives and daughters to the ENFJ's "special care."

RECREATION: ENFJs are fond of collecting things, such as wives, guns, ammunition, and FBI search warrants. ENFJs often pass their leisure time engaged in such pursuits as self-flagellation or being nailed to things. Some ENFJs eschew these activities, preferring instead to watch their followers engage in them, offering suggestions and gentle advice when appropriate.

COMPATIBILITY: ENFJs make natural companions and mentors to INFJs. They often get along well with ENFPs, although a friendly rivalry may sometimes erupt between the two.

Famous ENFJs include J. R. "Bob" Dobbs.

*cough*

Ah well.

:D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:54:30 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 01:05:39 pm »
I got that too. We should form an evil organisation of... outside contractors

Good news everyone! I retook the test and have become a Mad scientist (ENTP). To the Laboratory!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 01:16:28 pm by Krakow Sam »

Offline Full_Metal

• Adventure Ace
    • View Profile
    • Vector Hates You All!
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 01:24:58 pm »

INTJs are solid, competent personalities who may seem aloof and even arrogant, but who are typically highly skilled in any field which interests them. INTJs are confident in their skills and knowledge, self-assured, and imaginitive; their exceptional problem-solving skills make them ideal architects, auto mechanics, and tools of the evil empire. While it requires the driving will to conquer of an ENTJ to imagine the Death Star and the evil genius of an ENTP to invent its devastating weapons systems, the skill and technical prowess of the INTJ is what makes the whole thing work.

The INTJ sees life as a problem to be solved. For that reason, the INTJ is the person a company brings in from the outside to streamline production processes and identify redundant assets for termination. The INTJ's combination of analyticial problem-solving skills and complete and utter disregard for the morality or consequences of his actions also make him ideal for the job of hatchet man, CIA operative, and helpdesk operator.

RECREATION: INTJs are often baffled by the strange and incomprehensible recreational rituals of other people, such as going to parties, watching television, and having sex. Instead, they prefer to spend their leisure time installing twin missile launchers in their cars to deter tailgaters and playing chess with megalomaniac CEOs of the Tyrell corporation.

COMPATIBILITY: Silly person, INTJs don't have relationships! They may, however build their own friends.

(So according to this I should be in charge of building the Death Star?)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 01:25:56 pm »
Sure. As long as you have insurance.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 01:30:41 pm »
Hah! Well I get to invent its devastating weaponry. Chew on that suckas!

c14dude

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 05:37:31 pm »
scratch that last one, i handt actually taken the test but this time i did heres what i got

Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 06:49:23 pm »
INFP: The Idealist

The INFP is a dreamy, imaginitive, idealist, capable of finding the good in anything or anyone, even something as foul as Newark, New Jersey. INFPs are sometimes dangerous to the well-being of society as a whole, as they are prone to adopting subversive and destructive ideologies like "The world should be fair," "People should treat one another well," and "You know, 'Friends' is a really, really stupid television show."

These irrational thought patterns may sometimes cause INFPs to run off and join the circus, the Resistance, or the Rebellion, where they tend to do well in any position requiring excellent hand-eye coordination or mastery of the Force.

COMPATIBILITY: INFPs and ISTJs generally exhibit a natural predator/prey relationship, which, though it might appear harsh and cruel from the outside, is all part of the natural cycle of life. In fact, were it not for the predation of the ISTJ, the population of INFPs would soon grow to unsustainable levels, overwhelming the ability of their ecological niche to support them.

Famous idealists include that girl in your sixth-grade homeroom who got the teacher fired for saying that girls aren't good at math; that guy in the cubicle next to yours who got the manager fired for saying that women don't make good employees; and Anais Nin.
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 07:00:40 pm »
ENTJ: The Evil Overlord

The ENTJ is best characterized by his charisma, his ability to grasp complex situations and to think flexibly and creatively, his keen and active intelligence, and his overwhelming desire to crush the world beneath his boot. ENTJs are naturally outgoing and love the company of other people, particulalry minions, henchmen, slaves, and the others they rule with ruthless efficiency.

ENTJs usually die at the hand of secret government agents in a fiery cataclysm that destroys their entire underground fortress. Often, Evil Overlords will have a secret clone whose implanted memories contain all the knowledge and ambition of the original, stored in cryonic suspension in a safe location. The clone will appear in a sequel.

RECREATION: ENTJs enjoy spending their leisure time in groups, seeking out the company of others with whom they can exchange strategies and ideas, and test their mind control rays. They also enjoy competitive games which challenge them intellectually, such as chess, go, and "tell me where the missles are or I'll open the pirhana cage and the girl dies."

COMPATIBILITY: Ideal companions include ENTPs, whose inventive natures often most useful; and ESTJs, who make excellent henchmen once the neural realignment is complete. ENTJs often employ the services of ISTJs but don't usually make good romantic partners with them. Under no circumstances should an ESTJ ever date an ENFJ; no good can come of it.

Famous ESTJs include Ming the Merciless, John Bigboote, and Charles Montgomery Burns.

Hekekekekeke....

Boy I love that image.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2006, 07:11:42 pm »

Holy ****!!! That is almost as spot-on as it gets!  :o

What will you do?

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 05:44:14 am »
INTP

http://keirsey.com/personality/ntip.html
http://typelogic.com/intp.html

You are:
moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

INTP: The Egghead

The typical INTP is a logical, abstract thinker whose intellect is ideally suited to understanding pure mathematics, linguistics, formal logic theory, and other pursuits unsuited to making a real living. The INTP can often understand even the most subtle nuances of lattice quantum chromodynamics, but cannot perform more concrete tasks such as dressing himself, operating a motor vehicle, or opening a door. An INTP may be able to tell you how to construct a nuclear reactor from a coconut and two pieces of string, but may be completely incapable of fixing a hole in a boat.

The INTP is really only suited to two careers: college professor and game show contestant. Of these career choices, only one offers the financial rewards which allows him to suport himself; for that reason, INTPs often take the other path, and become tenured academics.

RECREATION: Surprisingly, INTPs are often the hit of the party--not for their sometimes annoying habit of turning every discussion into a debate about semantics nor for their fascinating stories about Pierre de Fermat's habit of writing things in the margins of his books, but for the fact that they often show up with their pants on backwards and that if you put a Post-It note reading "Kick Me" on an INTP's back, he won't notice it no matter how many people kick him. That kind of entertainment never gets old.

COMPATIBILITY: INTPs make ideal companions to INTJs, as neither of them notices they're in a relationship.

Famous INTPs include Pierre de Fermat and almost everyone who knows what Pierre de Fermat wrote in the margins of his book.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2006, 08:29:05 am »
ENTP: The Mad Scientist

The ENTP, like the ENTJ, is charismatic, outgoing, and intelligent. ENTPs are often quickwitted, clever, and genial; they typically display a highly organized, rational cognitive ability which makes them natural scientists and inventors.

ENTPs are creative, complex people who seek to improve their understanding of the natural world, usually by building armored fifty-story-tall robotic monsters with iron jaws and death-ray eyes, or by creating genetically mutated plagues that spread unstoppably across the land, turning all who are contaminated into mindless zombie drones. They are less likely to want to conquer the world than to destroy it utterly, reducing it to nothing but slag and rubble--though this is often merely a side-effect of their pursuit of knowledge.

RECREATION: ENTPs enjoy recreational activities which challenge them physically and intellectually, such as water skiing and porting Linux to their iPods. They are also fond of collecting gadgets like combination cellpone/PDAs and orbiting arsenals of brain lasers, which they may port Linux to as well.

COMPATIBILITY: ENTPs and ENTJs make natural companions, as the one's unspeakable hunger for power complements the other's unspeakable hunger for knowledge. They do not generally build successful relationships with ESFJs, as ENTPs they are prone to behaving in inconveniently erratic ways, which pisses ESFJs off to no end; and because ENTPs simply do not know how to dress appropriately for formal occasions.

Famous ENTPs include Spencer Silver (the inventor of Post-It Notes), Robert Oppenheimer, and Dr. Jeckyll.

It's DEAD ON!
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2006, 01:11:21 pm »
I'm an ENFJ Cult Leader.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Zorlac

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
    • Sporewiki
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2006, 01:17:12 pm »
I think most of us are INTP's becuase i'd bet we're all loners/geeks.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 10:24:21 pm »
Unearthing an ancient topic because I'm bored and this was kicking around on friends' facebook pages.  Let's find out what we are.

Short test:
http://www.personalitydesk.com/story/personality-type-tool

More thorough test:
http://www.truity.com/test/type-finder-personality-test
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 04:01:30 pm »
First test:
ENTPs are enthusiastic, inventive, logical, and spontaneous. They are excited about the future and the many possibilities it holds. ENTPs are rational and objective when making decisions, and are at their best when faced with a challenging and complex problem. ENTP enjoy using their intellect and constantly strive to increase their understanding of the world and how it works.

The next test said ENFP The Champion or INFP the Healer. Apparently I'm balanced between an introvert and extrovert.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 05:21:32 pm »
Heh, I'm an ENTP.

My mother worked in HR so I took a more official version you'd usually have to pay for a while back.

The Meyers Briggs type stuff is fun to think about but I'd take it with a pinch of salt. That said its certainly better than a horoscope and a lot of the stuff about ENTPs is spookily accurate to what I'm actually like.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 08:24:00 pm »
I got ISTJ, The Inspector.  So I guess it makes sense that I'm the one digging this up, trying to get information on you people.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 09:26:21 pm »
Ended up with INTP.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 01:31:44 am »
Figures all of you would be worthless Introvert scum.

Your lack of socialisation makes me SICK.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 02:34:41 am »
INTJ.

You prefer Introversion over Extraversion by a 78.57% margin
You prefer Intuition over Sensing by a 13.04% margin.
You prefer Thinking over Feeling by a 47.83% margin.
You prefer Judging over Perceiving by a 8.7% margin.

But only barely not INTP.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 03:29:10 am »
ENTP: The Visionary

I was favouring by large margins in all sections.

The in depth section is, thus far, disturbingly like me.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 05:08:05 am »
These things always give me INTJ. Bleh.

The second test is dumb - so many of these aren't opposites. Flexible vs Responsible? What?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 05:32:53 am »
Figures all of you would be worthless Introvert scum.

Your lack of socialisation makes me SICK.

Jk you're all cool.  :-*

ENTP: The Visionary

I was favouring by large margins in all sections.

The in depth section is, thus far, disturbingly like me.

You must have done the test wrong Badger, we have nothing in common.