Author Topic: GA to become the best 3d Platform Maker?  (Read 4159 times)

Offline amigang

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • Vincent Perkins
GA to become the best 3d Platform Maker?
« on: May 08, 2009, 02:04:53 am »
One thing I found with spore despite all it slight short coming in gameplay is that its most likely got the worlds most powerful and simplest 3d editors I feel its kind of shame that these editors are locked into this game and cant be used to make games  or for other purposes, because I always wanted to learn 3d modelling and how it was all done so I could make mods, games and cheap cgi effects but found it way to complicated, spore, came along and just simplified the whole process and its a shame that other 3d editors and programs don't take a page out of spore editor and make it easier and simpler to make 3d object, effects etc.

But anyway I've always wanted to make my own 3d game but never really had the skill or perhaps the real time to put into, and I would love to do 3d platform game, so I'm so glad that it appears anyway that you will be able to build and make you own 3d worlds and missions, which is great to hear, i doubt it will be possible to make the next super mario or sonic game on it, but if I get something like it that will be great and it will definitely get me back into spore with playing with the editors etc, so I really hope it offers this ablity.

What do you lot think, do you think spore should be turned into a game maker program?

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: GA to become the best 3d Platform Maker?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 02:11:44 am »
One thing I found with spore despite all it slight short coming in gameplay is that its most likely got the worlds most powerful and simplest 3d editors I feel its kind of shame that these editors are locked into this game and cant be used to make games  or for other purposes, because I always wanted to learn 3d modelling and how it was all done so I could make mods, games and cheap cgi effects but found it way to complicated, spore, came along and just simplified the whole process and its a shame that other 3d editors and programs don't take a page out of spore editor and make it easier and simpler to make 3d object, effects etc.

But anyway I've always wanted to make my own 3d game but never really had the skill or perhaps the real time to put into, and I would love to do 3d platform game, so I'm so glad that it appears anyway that you will be able to build and make you own 3d worlds and missions, which is great to hear, i doubt it will be possible to make the next super mario or sonic game on it, but if I get something like it that will be great and it will definitely get me back into spore with playing with the editors etc, so I really hope it offers this ablity.

What do you lot think, do you think spore should be turned into a game maker program?

Spore would never work as a professional 3D Modelling tool because the models made with it have several practical problems:

Parts have a fixed polycount (detail).
Un-needed faces (when you make a building and overlap 2 cubes the hidden faces are still there wasting memory).

Among other stuff.

If you really want to get into 3D Modelling try Blender, it's free, opensource and has a built-in Game Engine.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 12:09:18 pm »
agree with the topic starter. There was a lot of potential in spore if they would make it easy to import the creatures to rendering in 3d programs. Maybe even give out the generated animation codes for movement etc so a 3d program could import it and render it.

There would be a ton of newbie 3d render people out there that wanted to use it.

Shame that WW and maxis never saw it. Would have sold many more copies of spore.
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 03:02:05 pm »
Considering everything they've done in the past few years while developing the game, the oversight could be somewhat understandable.

Then again, maybe they just ran out of time and opted to release the game without it instead of pushing the release even further. Maybe they'll make something similar to a reversed version of the BAT for SC4? ???

That would be nice.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 03:14:47 pm »
Just remember, we thought Spore was going to be the greatest sandbox game ever. ::)
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 06:15:12 pm »
It was at one time, then someone came in and said "lol Can I change a few fun things to crappy things? "

-^-

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 05:33:48 am »
Atleast they shot the sneakers idea down.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 02:28:55 pm »
What, sneakers?

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 07:15:24 pm »
The idea that instead of feet the creatures would wear sneakers.

I know they were apparently considering it.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 09:35:10 pm »
The idea that instead of feet the creatures would wear sneakers.

I know they were apparently considering it.
That's just stupid. :(
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 09:28:54 am »
No, the creatures would wear sneakers in civ and space only.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 04:03:08 pm »
You should be able to design your own.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.