Author Topic: BattleBlock Theater: The Behemoth's upcoming game  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
BattleBlock Theater: The Behemoth's upcoming game
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:20:52 am »
The Behemoth, the makers of Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers, announced that they are working on a new game: "BattleBlock Theater"

"BattleBlock Theater" seems like its closest relative would be Super Smash Brothers, in that its a competitive platformer, but it seems to be something a bit more unique. It pits players against each other in a series of minigames where you either duke it out to the death, change the blocks on the map to match you own color, or chase a around a flying whale that poops gold coins.

It also has a cooperative single player mode, that they haven't revealed much info on.

It also allows you to customize your character, by changing their looks and weapon to add a bit of variety to the game.

They dropped a fanceh new trailer!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHV5n6AkSI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxHV5n6AkSI</a>
You can find the old trailer HERE.

There isn't much to say as of now, not much info has been given, but given The Behemoth's track record of awesome 2D games, I have high hopes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 11:38:00 am by Skyward »

Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Game #3 (The Behemoth)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 07:19:08 pm »
Has anyonesuggested Stephen Colbert after all aren't we naming everything after him?

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
Re: Game #3 (The Behemoth)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:00:31 pm »
Furry Thing?
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
Re: BattleBlock Theater
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 03:12:27 pm »
Updated:

We have a name now, and a trailer.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!