Author Topic: Phlogiston: A Steampunk Adventure RP  (Read 61104 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Phlogiston: A Steampunk Adventure RP
« Reply #720 on: October 08, 2009, 10:16:46 am »
"Not a problem!"

Alejandro pointed at an approaching airship that was draped in the Company colors. There were several others approaching from all directions and Interceptors streaked by intermittently.

"We'll hitch a ride on one of my airships, you're all more than welcome. And should the airships fail to reach us we'll get to enjoy the best ride of our lives before being smashed to bits."

He walked toward the center of the room and peeked over his sunglasses to get a better look at the column of light. As he watched, the beam flickered and vanished. Most of the Interceptors immediately changed course and darted up into the hazy canopy of smog.

"Huh... that's interesting. Guess I'm going to have to send some people up there to see what my late wife was doing."

Smiling, Alejandro slipped his wedding ring from his finger and tossed it over the side. The structure shuddered as one of the airships attached a line. A small boarding party arrived and hurried the survivors to safety. It came not a moment too soon. Less than a minute after the line was cut, the bracket that fastened the platform to the heavens failed and the glass crown of the Tos Holdings Administration Center crashed down to earth. There was an audible crunch as the beautiful ornament shattered. Looking back, the cables that had held the platform in place had disappeared. Alejandro looked down at the wreckage and appeared to be genuinely ill. The captain of the airship walked over to him.

"How are you holding up, sir?"

"I've made a terrible mistake here today..."

"Sir?"

"The ring... I threw the ring over the side. Gold prices are up. I could have made ten or eleven percent."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 12, 2009, 07:56:11 pm »
Saburo looked over at Ian and the barrel of the shotgun.

"No point in continuing this quarrel. Martin is dead as is our group." Saburo sighed, a deep and heavy sigh made all the more painful by several of the wounds he had sustained in the battle. A broken rib or two, bruised shoulders, and possibly several dislocated fingers were all screaming at Saburo. "We obviously have different viewpoints, but that is for another time and another place."

Saburo walked to the edge of the airship, peering over the edge at the city. Even though a tyrant had passed on, Saburo couldn't shake the feeling that there was still more to be done.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #722 on: October 12, 2009, 08:13:31 pm »
Alejandro grinned as he looked out over the bow of the ship. Airships were converging on the city from all directions. Each one bore a different flavor of the Tos Holdings logo, representative of each individual city that he had conquered. Things had gone better than expected. He had fully intended to kill Lucinda himself; however, thanks to the actions of The Harlequin, Alejandro wouldn't have to worry about a messy cover up. Things were definitely looking bright, despite the mess that they had made. It was time to change course. Alejandro planned on sticking to his word. He would release the city from his company's attempts at a takeover. Instead, he planned on making the city a central hub for people such as himself. A place where the world's uber-Tycoons would be able to wheel and deal.

As far as Alejandro was concerned the world had already been conquered. It was now shared between him and a handful of others. They would make the city wealthy beyond its wildest dreams. It would become a utopia, just like Lucinda had wanted. Alejandro smashed his fist against the handrail and hooted loudly.

"Captain, get the champagne and give every one of these ragtag freedom fighters a glass. I'm going to make them all rich and we need to celebrate!"

Offline Zolinn

• Zork Emperor
  • In Soviet Russia, Mario Plays You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 12, 2009, 08:53:56 pm »
Eliza grabbed the glass of champagne once the men came around and twirled it around several times. She looked over the city and sighed as the airship circled around the city. Several parts of the city were smoking and Tos's tower was in ruins. She felt like she should have been happy, but she wasn't. She accomplished her goal but still felt very unsatisfied. She stared into the glass and looked at her reflection in the glass. The world around her began to fade as she started to come to her senses.

Several Years Later

Eliza sat in front of several kids, gathered around her. They all stared at her as she noticed a kid next to her lightly shaking her back and forth. "Mrs. Ackart... you were spacing out. Are you okay?"

She paused, staring at the kid intently before flashing him a smile. "Of course! Now where was I?"

Several of the kids talked amongst themselves before one of them mumbled out "All of the heroes were drinking champagne on the airship..."

"Well you all know what happened from there! Alejandro built this city back up and now we're living happily." A sharp bell rang in the background. "Alright kids, it's time to go home. I'll see you all tomorrow." Several of the kids began to whine as they packed up their bags and headed out the door.

Eventually, Eliza turned to her desk and began to pack up several books into a small book bag. As she finished packing her bags she looked towards the door, noticing a small boy standing in front of it. "Mrs. Ackart... was that what really happened to the city?"

Eliza smiled at the kid and knelt down. "It might have been... it might have not. Why don't you read your material for tomorrow and you might find out." The kid looked up at Eliza and flashed a big grin before running out the door, shutting it behind him. Eliza looked down at her right arm and placed her left arm on the rights glove. She pulled it off and stared at her prosthetic hand. She stared deeply into the metal before pulling the glove back over her hand. "I should head home." She threw the backpack over her shoulder and headed out the door.

The End
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 08:56:10 pm by Zolinn »