Author Topic: Phlogiston: A Steampunk Adventure RP  (Read 61297 times)

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: Phlogiston: A Steampunk Adventure RP
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 08:03:40 am »
With all the chaos ensuing Vering decided to take this opportune moment to pick the pockets of the fleeing crowd. Vering, being a master at thieving, took his ill obtained goods down an alley only to see two men running down it. Excellent, he thought and he ran after them 'accidentally bumping into one and taking any possessions their coat pockets had. "Sorry." he said quickly and ran past them.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2009, 08:37:31 am »
Aaron stumbled as the horses appeared around the corner and fell to the ground. During his descent, he felt someone take something from his coat pocket and make a hasty apology. Not content to let someone get away with his most personal of property, Aaron rolled along the ground and tried to line up a shot on the thief. Given the time, he would have gladly charged his weapon enough to shoot clean through the vagrant but that wasn't going to happen. There was a click and another frosted glass disc raced across the street, lodging itself into the thief's heel. Ignoring the crashed cart, Aaron pushed himself up and made his way over to the thief. He was on the ground and his leg probably hurt a whole lot but it was nothing dire. Scowling bitterly, Aaron kicked the thief in the chest and rolled him over so that he could see his face. A loud whirring sound filled the air as Aaron charged his disc launcher up as far as it could go.

"You fouled up big today..." Aaron grumbled, aiming the screaming disc launcher at the man's face "Give it back or the next shot is the last one you'll ever have to worry about."

He was pointing to a small collection of things in the thief's hand. There was a wallet that was bursting at the seams with cash, a strange key, and a thin brass punch card with the PPC logo stamped onto it. The look in Aaron's eyes said that he was not taking the situation lightly; he was being deadly serious with his ultimatum.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2009, 09:25:41 am »
The man in the blue waistcoat hauled the top half of his body out of the wrecked cab and pointed a small revolver at Aaron.
"Drop the weapon or learn how to aim with lead lodged in your eye socket."

Behind him the coach driver stood up and winced as he stepped on a twisted ankle. He had a vivid bruise across his face but seemed otherwise fairly uninjured. He pulled a short dagger from his boot and hauled up the fallen priest with his free hand.

"Looks like we got some more hostages." said the waistcoat as the thug he had entered the bar with emerged coughing from the carriage. "Clarence, get up on that semaphore tower and give us some air support! Oh, and you'd best have tied that fruit in there up tight,  We don't want a repeat of the Claghorn incident"

Clarence nodded and fumbled inside the carriage, emerging with a long rifle with a telescopic sight bolted to it and quickly shinning up the ladder of a nearby semaphore pole.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 10:05:53 am »
Back in Christopher Santucci's workshop, Marius conversed with the shopkeeper.

"Good day, sir. My name is Marius, and I suppose I'm an... inventor much like yourself. I would like to take a closer look at some of your more interesting designs if you don't mind. Also... I've heard rumors that you've also created some interesting weapons as well?"

Santucci didn't have a chance to reply, however, as there was suddenly a loud crash outside the shop, followed by a lot of swearing and yelling. Marius shot a curious glance back at the shopkeeper before emerging from the shop. With all the work he had put into his mechanical arm, he never really has had a chance to test how it would work in combat, and from the commotion, this sounded like an opportunity he couldn't pass up.

Once outside, Marius tried to size up the situation: a horse drawn carriage (So primitive, he thought) had crashed, one man was holding another at knifepoint, and another was yelling and waving around a small revolver (A simple device, but functional at the least). Marius didn't know who any of these people were, but it was apparent who the aggressors were. He snuck around to the back of the carriage, a fairly easy task considering the chaotic swarm of people running in every direction. In the cover behind the carriage, out of the sight of the two armed men that he saw, he awaited for the right opportunity to try and disarm or disable one of them.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 02:48:04 pm »
Horace darts along the street cautiously with his revolver drawn, cautiously sticking to the shadows. He watches the events unfold ffrom down the street, ducking in a small alleyway and watching, obscured by a blanket of darkness. He briefly considered rushing in to try to save the nice fellows he had seen at the bar. It was better to be a live coward then a dead failure, after all.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 03:17:59 pm »
Christopher peered curiously at the man, and was about to question him to see if he was worthy of seeing his clockwork devices. However the man named Marius up and left at he commotion outside. "Sigh...." Christopher exhaled as he listened to the commotion outside get louder. With a slight of hand he reached down beneath the counter and revealed his clockwork shotgun. He put it in the custom made holster on his back which made the gun out to be a sword of sorts in order to conceal the true nature of his device. Then, Christopher stepped outside and leaned against the wall across from the bar, keeping note of the chaos that may or may not unfold. He prayed however, that the use of his device would not be necessary. Especially considering weapons had already been drawn. No blood had been shed yet and that was reason enough for Chris to stay out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:29:26 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 03:25:22 pm »
After breaking out of the bar everything seemed like a blur to Saburo. And that's because it was. One second they were in an alley way, hurrying towards his church, the next second they were in the middle of a busy street being cut down by an out of control carriage. He was knocked unconscious for several seconds and lay sprawling on the ground.

He slowly started to come around and when he did he realized that a knife was being held to his throat. It was quite a turn of events for him, and he wasn't exactly sure how to take it.

"Excuse me," he managed to say, taking special care to not move his adam's apple so much. "But I think you've got the wrong man. If you're looking for money, I don't have very much. I'm a priest!"

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 03:45:34 pm »
"Dammit!" Vering cried, "I am too young to die. Come on man, share some cash, I have been on these streets longer than anyone's business and I need some cash." Vering then dropped his ill obtained loot and ran.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2009, 06:33:32 am »
As Vering tried to exit the alley his escape was cut off by the sudden wail of a hand-cranked police klaxon and a cart with the navy coloured trimmings of the local private gendarmes rushed into position blocking the end of the alley. A couple of troopers jumped out of the other side of the cab and held rifles warily. The same thing happened on the other side of the alley. A sergeant stepped forward with a loudhailer in front of the fleeing thief. Two large limelights were swung into the alley, lighting everything up with sharp white light and revealing every would be lurker and dazzling anyone stupid enough to look directly into them.

"Stop right there!" he yelled through the metal cone. "We have you surrounded"

"We have hostages!" shouted the blue-waistcoated man, waving his gun at Aaron. "Not just these chumps either. Noel Allen, page 565 of the latest edition of the Metropolitan Index."

While the troopers fetched the heavy tome out of their cab and looked up the Allen family the one perched on the semaphore tower carefully moved his sight from target to target.

One of the gendarmes whispered in the sergeant's ear and he raised the loudhailer again. "We're willing to listen to your demands..."

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2009, 08:00:45 am »
While the men were getting this huge tome Vering slid under the klaxon and to the next alley. He whistled sharply to get their attention and rounded the corner of the alley, only to meet a dead end.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2009, 12:53:53 pm »
"Hm..." Aaron mumbled something to himself.

He dropped down to one knee and began picking up his things. First the wallet, then the punch card, and finally the strange key. He tucked the punch card and the key into his pocket but held onto the wallet. With his things in order, Aaron turned around and held up the engorged wallet.

"I've got no business with you or with him." Aaron said, pointing to Noel "You want money? Take it... but you'll have to let me and the priest go. If you're looking for anything else come over here and take it. How good are you with that weapon? I'm pretty good with mine. Do you think you can take me down clean before I get a shot off? Are you willing to chance it or do you want to let us go?"

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2009, 12:58:11 pm »
Horace promptly hides his revolver and puts up his hands.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2009, 05:15:10 pm »
"Fair enough" said the man in the waistcoat. "But you leave that wallet right there on the floor, see? Don't want any tricks." He waved for Aaron to leave and nodded to his accomplice, who shoved the priest away. The waistcoat reached into the carriage to haul out Allen and make sure the police could see he was threatened.

"We want one million for the safe release of Allen. Don't care where it comes from, one million in a briefcase within the hour."

A couple of troopers quietly pursued the thief into the alley, slightly puzzled at the ruse.

"Where exactly do you think you're going sir? We're supposed ta keep the hostages for questioning. Its worth your while, we'll give you a cup of tea and a ticket explaining in case you're late for work..."

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2009, 05:20:38 pm »
But Vering was nowhere to be seen. On the wall at the end of the alley was the words The Red Fists. The name of his gang.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2009, 05:27:25 pm »
"Glad we agree with one another then." Aaron said, setting the wallet down on the ground "Good day."

With that, he met up with the priest and quietly walking out of harm's way. The pair walked through the police line and hurriedly pushed the curious officers away. As soon as they were out of sight of any of the authorities they came to a stop.

"So what do you think?" Aaron asked "You wanna go back and help them or do you want me to fix that fan of yours?"