Author Topic: Phlogiston: A Steampunk Adventure RP  (Read 59611 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Phlogiston: A Steampunk Adventure RP
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 09:00:08 pm »
"Yeah, they haven't decided on showing up yet. Even though we've given them plenty of time..." Saburo trailed off trying to remember the date they had issued the order. Failing, he continued, "And I believe they were corporate, not exactly sure since my partner actually did the hiring. Most likely since if you look at it funny those companies will drop on you like a tonna bricks." Saburo took another swig from his drink.

"But you said you do repairs? Would you mind checking this fan out? Our church has got more than enough money stocked away. More than it probably needs... I don't think I could handle having to go through another mass without that fan running. The heat is just too goddamn intense." He thought back on what he had just said, chuckling a bit to himself.

If I'm a priest does that curse have more influence than the average person? It would make sense if it did...

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 09:05:32 pm »
Noel saw that a man had tipped his hat to him and, not wanting to be rude, promptly tipped his hat as well. He was filled with happiness at the sight of the tip. Perhaps he could get used to the new people here. He walked over to bar and took a seat next to the man. He then summoned the bartender and bought himself a large glass of sugared soda water, which the bartender literally made on the spot. He looked over at the man that had tipped his hat to him and held out his hand to him.

"Hello. My name is Noel Allen. What is your name?" he said in a slightly upbeat manner.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 09:13:25 pm »
Horace gives the man a wide smile and takes the offered hand, gives it a few strong pumps, and then releases it.

"Very nice to meet you, Noel. My name is Marcellus Thompson. It's a pleasure to meet someone who has the good grace to give a kind gesture to someone else, even if the gesture is just the simple tip of a hat."
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 10:19:29 pm »
"Well thank you." said Noel, taking a small sip of soda water "It is nice to see such a nice man outside the Nickelbache Club."

He took another large sip of soda and set his drink down again.

"So, what type of drink do you have?"
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 10:30:41 pm »
Horace peers down into his flask, then raises his head and points to the row of machines against the wall.

"I got the drink from other there. Cheap, but it has a kick!"

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 06:03:24 am »
"Noel Allen?" said a man in a suit with a blue waistcoat, who had strode up behind him. He was flanked by two more burly looking men in less expensive suits with blue ties which matched the first man's waistcoat.

"Hello, I am Noe-" began Noel. He was cut of mid sentence by a loud crack to the back of his head. The man in the waistcoat quickly restowed his blackjack and grabbed the stunned aristocrat round the waist. One of the cronies behind him shoved a canvas bag over Allen's face and the other pulled a revolver from his belt, waving it across the crowd, who began to erupt into hysterics.

"Everyone get down on the ground!" said the waistcoated man, dragging Noel toward the back door of the establishment "Anyone who gets in our way gets perforated!"
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 02:29:08 pm »
Dammit!! Just when I get a lead on a job... you've gotta move, the cops are going to show up soon enough...

Ignoring the warning, Aaron stared straight forward and looked at the mirror behind the bar. The closest exit was behind him and one of the thugs was dragging a hostage past. Relaxing his arm, Aaron tripped a small latch and a device slipped out from the sleeve of his puffy shirt. It was a disk launcher or sorts; the top portion rested on the top part of his hand and was jam packed with all kinds of tiny parts. Beneath his hand, sitting in his palm, was a customized triggering mechanism. Four spring-loaded "charging" buttons rested beneath his fingers and a firing button was located near his thumb. The discs in the launcher were spun up to speed by depressing the "charging" buttons rapidly; as soon as the disc was spinning at the desired speed all Aaron had to do was aim and fire. Aaron slowly began depressing the buttons and watched as the thugs moved about the bar. A high-pitched whirring sound filled the air around Aaron and he leaned toward the priest.

"By the way, the name's Saint-Cloud." he mumbled.

With that, Aaron spun around on his stool and fired. The whirring stopped with a loud click and a razor sharp disc made of frosted white glass erupted from Aaron's sleeve. It arced through the air and sliced clean through the upper torso of one of the thugs. The disc, which was about the diameter of a bar glass, reappeared momentarily before shattering against the front wall of the pub. By that point, Aaron was half way across the pub and heading for the door. He vaulted over a table and rolled under the collapsing thug as a gunshot rang out. Nearly at the door, Aaron tried to get to his feet but something was stopping him. The thug he'd shot had grabbed onto his leg and was holding it like a vice. Aaron fell forward and crashed face-first into the floor, letting out a pained gasp as it all happened. A flood of long blond hair was unleashed as Aaron's hat went flying through the air. Aaron peered through the tangled mass of yellow and sighed, the door was right there.

Well that didn't go the way I'd hoped...

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 02:56:44 pm »
The man in the waistcoat and his remaining crony bundled Noel into the back of a cab waiting outside. The driver cracked his whip and the horses bolted as the sound of police klaxons and hailers began to converge on the area.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 03:09:18 pm »
Meanwhile...

As of late, Marius has been suffering from a complete lack of inspiration. For the past few years, between doing the odd repair job for money, he has spent most of his time in his workshop, working at creating new technology years beyond anything seen before. But now, he finds he has hit a brick wall: he lacks the inspiration that once drove him. Since then, he has decided to take a break from his own inventing and see what the world's greatest inventors have created.

He decided to start off at a local clockworker's workshop who, he had heard, has created numerous interesting clocks. Although they may be just machines for telling time, he thought to himself, they are the origin of all modern clockwork machinery. What better place to start? There were even rumors that he had crafted a few weapons. If not for the clocks, then Marius would go just to sate his curiosity about these rumored weapons. He donned his cloak and long-sleeved jacket, along with black gloves, to conceal his mechanical limbs from the public's eye. He walked along the street, to a low-class part of town in the middle of the city, and then into Christopher Santucci's workshop, and looked around at the curious clocks that were scattered around the shop's walls...

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 04:12:13 pm »
Horace promptly bolts for the door, quickly drawing a small pistol from somewhere beneath the rags as he busts onto the street. He begins to run rapidly, sprinting from the blaring sirens.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 04:21:32 pm »
A man stops Horace and asks, "Why are you in such a hurry?", then he says, "Oh, I see. Carry on then.".
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 05:15:14 pm »
There was a flurry of commotion before Saburo could truly react. The man he had been talking to whispered something to him, a name he thought, and suddenly a man that had been sitting a few seats down was being dragged out of the bar followed by everyone else that wanted to escape the scene. Most of the people in the bar had probably had numerous run-ins with the police or company security. It was amazing how fast they could all disappear if they really wanted to.

And so Saburo finally decided to join the crowd and disappear into the city. He stood up, knocking his stool over backwards as he darted for the door. But as he did this he noticed the man he had been talking to, Saint-Cloud he remembered, was being grabbed by one of the goons that had interrupted his afternoon relaxation. He had half the mind to simply leave him, but then the memory of the hot church and the broken fan surged to the front of his mind. He would have none of that!

He ran towards the two, trying to find something to use as a weapon. When he didn't find anything he settled on using his body. Saburo was a rather muscular man having worked in the factories and then serving as a goon himself. By most people he was described as having a commanding presence which was probably a good thing to have at a time like this. So he lifted up his foot and brought it slamming down onto the goons arm hoping to set Saint-Cloud free.

"The church is too damn hot for this!" he yelled at the same time which earned him a strange look from several of the stragglers that ran past him.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 06:32:09 pm »
"That's the ticket!" Aaron called.

He clambered across the floor and snatched up his hat, then hurriedly got to his feet.

"For that I'm going to repair your fan for free." Aaron said to the priest, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him outside "Just show me the way to your church and be quick about it. I don't need any trouble from the lawmen today."

The pair rushed down a back alley and headed toward what Aaron hoped would be the church. As the sound of police sirens faded the duo rounded a corner and found themselves in the path of a rapidly approaching team of horses.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 07:04:00 pm »
Christopher heard a bell ring as the front door of his shop opened. Soon as he heard it, he quit tinkering on his latest invention and opened the door into the 'main' shop area. Being sure to shut the door behind him and lock it. There in the 'main' ship he saw a young looking man browsing at his more wacky clocks. "Hm?" Christopher said to himself as he spoke up to address the man, "Names Christopher Santucci, what can I do for you sir?" Chris quickly removed his telescopic lens that covered his eyes and wiped off the sweat coming from his forehead, a result from his latest tinkering.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 06:16:56 am »
The getaway driver screamed an expletive as the horses reared and one came loose from its harness and leaped over the two men who had run out into the road. The other lost its footing and fell with a whinny of terror, breaking a leg and dragging the cart off balance. It continued for a split second on two wheels before falling over and skidding a short distance, sweeping Aaron and the priest off their feet.