Did you enjoy the whole Story?

Of Course!
4 (57.1%)
Could have been better.
2 (28.6%)
Not really (Explain)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: The Octopus Theory- A survival horror game.  (Read 44246 times)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
Re: The Octopus Theory- A survival horror game.
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 04:49:56 am »
Frozen with fear, the silence is then broken by heavy, ragged breathing, along with the sound of something long and fleshy being dragged, like a sack of animal meat. You turn the flashlight towards all the sides of the dark corridor, but still, you see nothing but the dull gray of the metal walls. You turn back to run, but something firm and sticky grabs your dirty ankle, throwing you on to the hard steel floor, dragging you, screaming, into the darkness. You point the flashlight directly in front of you, and catch a glimpse of the horrid monster that was leading you to your doom.
It was once human, but was now a horribly decayed corpse of one; it's skin was missing in some areas, revealing green-warty muscle and yellow bone. It's gluttonous stomach was bloated with putrid gases and rotted organs, and was at the point of bursting.
The Banger's face was that of a Skulls, with the eyes, nose and lips long done away with by decay.
But the most shocking and disturbing feature were it's arms, or lack thereof. They were instead replaced with by two dark red Octopus tentacles, one of which was dragging you towards this abomination's open maw.

Thinking quickly, you throw the sharp table leg at the creature, hitting it directly in it's swollen stomach. Greenish fluid ran out, and the monster, gurgling, releases your ankle. Getting to your feet, you run, the Octopus-Man recovering from the attack, and, gurgling, follows you though the into the darkness.
Using both it's tentacles, it manages to throw a metal door over your head, barely missing you. You continue running, the flashlight still in your hand, the monster still moving towards you.
You stop in front of a vent, and after you falcon punch the grating with both your hands, you crawl inside, barely able to continue further, the monster still advancing.
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 09:47:33 am »
You stop in front of a vent, and after you falcon punch the grating with both your hands, you

Goddamned win.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 01:36:48 pm »
The vent was very dark, and the cold air made goosebumps form on your skin. The flashlight was still working, yet you have lost your only weapon, making you defenseless if the monster, or any of it's friends, decided to pop out from the shadows.
At least your in a vent, you think, so now you can continue with the voyage to the Botanical gardens. The vent was narrow, and allowed your thin form to crawl through into the vent, until you ended up in a sort of cross way in the vents leading to four path's to crawl through.
An ominous, and very eerie red light is glowing from all directions, save the left one. To be safe, you decide to take this path. "I can never be too careful..." you say to yourself, the sound echoing though the corridors. Pulling a strand of dirty blonde hair off your mouth,  you carry on crawling.

The grating was underneath your belly, and you easily push it away with your both your elbows which results in you falling, with a loud bang, into a small, windowless room with a table against a wall, a chair which lay askew , several filing cabinets, and a door that was blocked by a fallen cabinet. A painting of a large, healthy green oak-tree, surrounded by a peaceful blue pond, hung on the wall above the table.
"These gratings are oddly flimsy", said a questioning voice in your head, which was rather comforting. The room was very well light, so you turn off the flashlight and put it away.
You decide to check the table for any useful items, and, to your surprise, you find a knife lying on a bunch of papers, which you all take:

INVENTORY:
(Carry Weight 10kg)
1 Flashlight. 0.3 kg.
1 Kitchen Knife. 0.5 kg.
Notes on Autopsy #1
Notes on Autopsy #5
Security Papers on Growth in Medical bay.

The notes look interesting, and, after some thought, you decide to read one of them.
But which one?
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.

Offline darthvader52

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • What you say?
    • View Profile
    • Have formed a cabal.
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 07:02:32 am »
note number one because its number one <.<
Waging a war against a world thats given war up.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 10:10:54 am »
You people are morbid if you want to read an autopsy report that badly :P
I'll update later today, times a bit short here.
EDIT: Looks like there won't be an update. Plus, it takes alot of time to write out TWO autopsy reports, and since it's midnight here, I won't gaunrentee when it will come. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 02:24:34 pm by Snork »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 03:44:26 pm »
Take your time. :)

Once we read through those autopsy reports, we might just be able to find out what's going on with those abominations from back in the corridor.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 11:51:06 am »
(These autopsy notes may be a bit shorter than a real one would be, sorry, I barely have enough time nowadays to be able to write out long and detailed notes, so I hope these will do..)
The notes look as if they might be helpful in figuring out what created the Abomination back in that pitch-black corridor. Both notes were of equal length, so you decide, obviously, and after pulling up the fallen chair to sit on, to read the to read the first report:

AUTOPSY REPORT

Autopsy: BGH004579-42J
Deceased: Andrara Smith.
Profession: Sanitarian
Hair Colour: Grey, balding.
Eyes: Black.
Length: 161 cm.
Weight: 167 pounds.
Other Notes: Human bite marks in torso region, detailed description in External Examination Section.
Cause of Death: Asphyxiation due to cut trachea.
Time Of death: 3 days since the time of this report.

EXTERNAL EXAMINATION:

The body is that of a middle aged Hispanic male, well nourished, who was found in the corridors between the office and residential sectors, with multiple lacerations to the trachea, resulting in asphyxiation.
Multiple post-mortem lacerations are found in the anthrax, thorax and forearms.
The victim is wearing the typical janitorial uniform, but is stained heavily in blood. The knuckles and wrists are heavily bruised and bloodied, suggesting that the victim fought back against his attacker. There are gaping Pre-mortem lacerations in the extremities and back, caused by the murder weapon, a butchers knife, which was reportedly stolen from the kitchen area hours before the attack. The knife was found on the body of an unidentified female, 24, who's autopsy is to covered in the fifth report. Disturbingly, there are several post-mortem bite marks in the torso, stomach, and a very small portion of the right thigh was bitten off. The bite-marks suggest that the attacker, who was female, attempted to feed on the body.

INTERNAL EXAMINATION:

Some of the Organs are healthy and are in good shape, save for the Heart, Large Intestine, Stomach and Liver, which were punctured during the assault. The lungs contain low concentrations of benzine and other chemicals found in cigarettes, suggesting that the victim was a light smoker prior to death. The stomach contains veal (which are bred in the farm labs), egg, cheese, 1/2 litre of milk, and 1/4 litre of wine. There are signs of a recent surgical operation done to the ureter, suggesting that an operation was preformed some time before the victims death. All other organs do not have any interesting abnormalities, and as such, have no further need to be written in this report.

This report didn't seem very helpful, but the fifth report looked to be more promising, it also seemed longer than the first one was. Outside, very faintly, you could hear that fleshy dragging sound, but you ignored it, and carried on reading:

AUTOPSY REPORT

Autopsy: BGH005235-69L
Deceased: Unidentified (Jane Doe)
Profession: None/Unknown.
Hair Colour: Dark Red.
Eyes: Hazel.
Length: 153 cm.
Weight: 143 pounds.
Other Notes: Large, possibly tumorous, yellow growth found near the base of the spine, detailed description in the Internal examination part.
Time of death: Under a day from this report.
Cause Of Death: Cardiac Arrest due to large numbers of tumors blocking the arteries, preventing the heart from pumping blood.

EXTERNAL EXAMINATION:

The victim is a young Caucasian female, between the ages of 23 and 24, who was found dead in a deep-freezer room.
Cause of death was massive cardiac failure, which is unusual, considering the health and age of the victim. The victim was completely found naked, holding a butchers knife, which may be connected to the murder of the janitorial worker, Andrara Smith. Room temperature made it difficult to determine the time of death, but, it was apparent that the woman had crawled inside, and died shortly thereafter. There are no signs of sexual assault, but there are multiple knuckle shaped bruises in the torso, neck, thighs, shins and forearms. Eyes are opened and clouded, and rigor is apparent. There are a few, possibly self-inflicted, gaping knife wounds in the extremities and anthrax region. The skin is refrigerated, and is oddly pale, even with the environment the deceased was found in. There appears to be a strange lack of blood around the victim, despite the blood on the knife.

INTERNAL EXAMINATION:

The organs are in unhealthy shape. The brain is coated in a strange yellowish fluid, along with the liver, pancreas and stomach.The brain is dotted with small  (non-cancerous) tumors. The lungs are otherwise fine, and contain no strange or abnormal chemicals.
Disturbingly, the Stomach contents contain digested human flesh, along with some meat from the refrigerator room. In the base of the spine, there is a large, yellowish growth, non-cancerous, approximately two feet wide. It secretes a yellow fluid, the same fluid found coating the brain. Cardiac arrest was caused by several small, abnormal growth's blocking the heart's arteries, leading to a heart attack.

A disturbing thought occurs to you. The yellowish growths found on the dead woman, also resembled the ones that the Octopus-Man had growing rampant on both bone, and skin. You throw both the notes away, and, still sitting, decide on the next course of action.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 07:14:30 am »
(Those this thread need pictures? I'm horrible at Ms paint, and I lack a scanner or any good drawing tools, so count me out. Ideas?)
INVENTORY:
(Carry Weight 10kg)
1 Flashlight. 0.3 kg.
1 Kitchen Knife. 0.5 kg.

The door, blocked by the cabinet, was the easiest way out, and you didn't want to go back in that tiny vent, considering that eerie red light was now visible through the ceiling vent you fell through. Plus, the only way to do that would be to use the chair, which probably couldn't support the weight of a teenager standing on it. Come to think of it, it was really more like a stool.

You stand up from the chair and, making sure to leave your knife on the table, walk towards the fallen cabinet.
The cabinet is rather small, but big enough to prevent the door from opening, so you try and lift it. You manage to drag it away from the door, giving it enough space to open. However, the door is still locked, but you notice, instead of a number pad, there is what looks like a small keyboard with letters. You get close enough to type, but your stumped on what the password might be:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .

A thought occurs to you, and you run back to the desk, franticly opening the drawers, until you notice, for the first time, the scars on your left arm.
Carved with what looks to be a sharp object are the letters forming the name: AUDREY.  Yet, you very clearly
remember, in the kitchen and in the corridors, that your arm didn't have this scar.

But don't you remember how dark it was? You could barely see anything, and you weren't staring at your arm the whole time, right? As strange as it may be, that mark must have always been there, Scars, especially ones that form a name, don't just pop out of nowhere!  That the questoning voice again, only this time, it sounded more like the logical one. Picking up the knife, you approach the door,and type in a password:
AUDREY.....

Nothing. The door was still. That wasn't the password, but either way, it was an idiotic stretch. In your anger, you kick the cabinet with your bare-foot, causing your to fall to the groan in pain, your toes throbbing. Feeling sorry for yourself, you walk back to the door, and you try one more password:
ALL HOPE IS LOST
The Door opened.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 07:43:11 am by Snork »

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 07:21:45 am »
Pictures would be helpful to have a visual. You could draw or copy/paste or find photos that illustrate what you mean.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 02:22:01 am »
Odd, it says three people have voted, but I only see two results.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 06:53:06 am »
Still in shock over the door opening from that unlikely password, you back away from the door, and return to the table to pick up your knife. Above the table was that painting of the pond. It looked very alien in this small office, since it was so serene, so peaceful, so....Natural.

That Octopus armed man was defiantly not natural. It was science gone wrong; But then, why would a group of scientists decide to stick fish arms on horribly decayed corpse?
Your light-blue eyes still staring at the painting, you absent minded reach out and feel the knife.
Raising it above your head, you bring it it back down, stabbing and slashing the painting, bits of canvas and paper littering the floor and table. You had a feeling that this painting was hiding something..

tink!

Your suspicion was right. You put away the knife, and tear away the remaining pieces of the painting away with your bare hands. You then remove the portrait it was hanging in.
On the wall where the painting hung was a metal safe, small in diameter, and it was locked.
However, you notice that at the back of the portrait was a small envelope.
You tear it open,  and a small key fell out. The key was tiny, but it fit the lock perfectly, and you turn on your flashlight to take a look inside the safe.
There was nothing inside, except for a large picture of the skeletal anatomy of a human:

You take it out of the safe, where you notice the a strange word written in red marker above the sketch of the head.
ASPHYX
You put it back inside the safe, close it, and head towards the door, leaving the room.

The moment you stepped out, the door closed, leaving you shut outside in another corridor. The lamps still worked, and flickered a dull gray light. The corridor stopped in front of a wall, with a glass window and (one that had a normal handle, thank goodness).
You step towards the glass wall, and just before you opened the door, you caught a glimpse of what looked like two men behind the window.

One looked very tall, and was wearing clothes that bulged oddly, while the other was completely naked, and was crawling on his knees, following the tall man as it wandered around in the room. It looked to be a part of the medical bay, as you could see several supplies, such as waste bins, oxygen tanks, and stretchers, along with the tell tale white walls of a sick bay.
You approached the glass window, gripping your knife tightly, and looked closely at the two men.
The tall man was infact nothing more than a hideous pillar of flesh, with multiple large, dark green, tumors covering it's entire body from head to toe.
It's legs looked like something that belonged to an elephant, as they were short and large, and were covered in those tumors. It's arms were large, and devoid of tumors, and had several short, globule fingers at the end. The second monster lacked any tumors, but it was still as disturbing as it's partner.
It was reddish pink, hairless, and was crawling on all fours like a rat would. The most strangest and abnormal feature was it's face.

It didn't have one. Instead, flabby flesh was stretched over it's head, starting at the mouth, and stopping at the blank space under where a nose should have been. This made the creature look as if it were wearing a surgeon's mask. It moved slowly, as the creature must ahve been breathing through it.
Slowly, the rat like man approched the window.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 06:56:07 am by Snork »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 04:04:24 pm »
What the frack happened here!?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 12:21:58 am »
^
I left a tiny hint in this part ;) Oh come on now, it shouldn't be that hard to find.
Next update when I get a minimum of three votes. Thats how it works ;)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 06:52:15 am »
Okay, update:
You frantically look around for anything you could use to block the door, preventing the Creatures from getting in. The only other items in this area big enough to block the door is a recycling bin, and an empty suitcase.

You stack both of them in front of the door and back away, hoping that it would enough to keep out the monsters, or at least the weaker looking rat creature. Looking though the glass window, you saw that the Mortician (The naked, rat-like man) had moved to the other side with the door, and was now attempting to get through.
On the other hand, the tumor covered abomination looked strong enough to break down the door, but unlike it's partner, it didn't seem aware of your vulnerable self behind the door.
For the time being.

You heard banging coming from the door, and the Taller monster was now moving towards the direction of the door.
Turning back, you run back towards the corridor, stopping in front of yet another door, this time metallic, which wouldn't open. You bang and hit it with both fists, yet it still wouldn't open.
Behind, you heard the door opening, and the Mortician entered in, still crawling on all fours, followed by the taller monster, which was making loud noises similar to that of an elephants.
You frantically bang the door even more, hitting the button pad in a desperate attempt to get inside.

The monsters advanced, and still holding your knife, you run backwards, until you reach a half-open door, a very large book blocking it from fully opening. The gap was too small to fit in, but you take out the book, leaving the door wide open, and you then run inside the room, and you can hear them heading towards your direction.

A few seconds after you went in, you caught a glimpse of the Elephant (The large Tumor covered creature) and The Mortician heading towards you. The Mortician stood on it's legs, and you could see faint scabs on it's stomach and lower body.
It made sad, sighing sounds that came from the back of the flab of flesh on it's mouth as it raised it's very long claw-fingers, and pounced on you.
The pain was excruciating, and you pushed and kicked at the creature, but it's grip was too strong. You were too close to death....Blood everywhere.....Soon, The elephant stepped inside the room, and not long after, everything turned dark.
What now?
(It's not the end of the game, don't worry)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:59:36 am by Snork »

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 07:04:29 am »
Grab the book and throw it in the Elephant's face. Any other objects you have throw at the Elephant. Then throw your knife at the Mortician's head. That is, if we can perform actions before the Mortician pounces. If not then as it jumps on you point your knife up at its stomach. If not then die and restart from the last question. And a Quick Google search of ASPHYX brings this up.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 07:08:15 am by Bagder Man 22 »
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.