Author Topic: Amorphous  (Read 11412 times)

Offline Oblivion2007

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: Amorphous
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2009, 09:59:38 pm »
if anyone is interested i could make this game go on, maybe oblivion could send me some of the ideas he had and some of the mechanics

Go ahead, I said anyone could if they wished too.

You're great at this.Too bad i didn't come here in time to join  :'(
It was great. I can't wait to see a plotted out metagame by you!  ;D
It was awesome while it lasted. :)
Thanks for your support guys, it means a lot!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2009, 08:18:41 am »
if anyone is interested i could make this game go on, maybe oblivion could send me some of the ideas he had and some of the mechanics

Go ahead, I said anyone could if they wished too.

You're great at this.Too bad i didn't come here in time to join  :'(
It was great. I can't wait to see a plotted out metagame by you!  ;D
It was awesome while it lasted. :)
Thanks for your support guys, it means a lot!

Too bad this ended, this had a really good theme and potential plotline going, although allowing it access to an entire forest would definetly result in an exponential growth increase unless we did something to balance it out a littke like having to convert a portion of the stuff that we eat into energy as we get bigger or having to eat more to go past a certain mass. The part about getting stuffed full of silver and having to wait before eating more is also one way to balance it out. Even with that, we are still a potential planet-eater. If someone else would like to continue this, that would be cool.

@Detox, yea I would be interested in seeing this continue.

Offline Oblivion2007

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2009, 08:52:56 am »
Too bad this ended, this had a really good theme and potential plotline going, although allowing it access to an entire forest would definetly result in an exponential growth increase unless we did something to balance it out a littke like having to convert a portion of the stuff that we eat into energy as we get bigger or having to eat more to go past a certain mass. The part about getting stuffed full of silver and having to wait before eating more is also one way to balance it out. Even with that, we are still a potential planet-eater. If someone else would like to continue this, that would be cool.

Yeah that was one problem I was starting to notice once we went to the silver store. The way we could grow started to turn into a problem that might have changed the game into an 'eat everything to become huge' sort of a game, which wasn't what I had in mind. I think another way I could have improved it might have been to allow more traits each time we 'leveled up'. We should have been able to start creating forms soon, simple forms but forms all the same. However at the current rate we were getting more traits it would be another half a dozen to a dozen more updates until we could really start getting into the form system.

Sadly with that state of affairs I decided to call it off, one of the big features this was supposed to revolve around was the form system and to have it introduced that late in the game would have sucked. Without being able to use forms we would have been underpowered for even the vague ideas I had for a storyline which means that would have to be postponed as well.

As I said there were some problems, but this was my first meta game so I expected that. I just didn't realize how ambitious my 'noob' project was until I really started getting into it.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2009, 09:38:09 am »
You could still start it over and flesh out the form system in the beginning. This isn't the only RP that had to undergo multiple incarnations, but as long as you learn from your mistakes (and you did) and there is a strong following or ambitousness for it. You should do fine the next time around.

Offline boswell25

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2009, 01:08:54 pm »
In my opinion,this is one of the best meta-games I've watched/played aside from spore the game.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2009, 01:12:32 pm »
In my opinion,this is one of the best meta-games I've watched/played aside from spore the game.
i second that
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2009, 01:57:45 am »
Indeed!

That eating limit system actually caught me by surprise. :)

Hope you also had a great time with this storygame, Oblivion! Any reincarnation/successor/spiritual successor to this metagame will be accepted with open arms. :)