Author Topic: Amorphous  (Read 11410 times)

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Amorphous
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2009, 06:04:25 pm »
B C and A1.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Oblivion2007

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 06:05:22 pm »
I real quick clarification on heat and solar. They won't be as powerful as electricity is right now unless you put a few upgrades into solar or heat absorption later on. Solar will be a constant low energy addition while outside during the day, and depending on how strenuous the activity you could end up seeing small percentage increases as you go about your business during the day. Electricity is all about finding a good spot and chilling for a bit while you get a massive boost. Heat is the most circumstantial of the three and is sort of in-between. At very hot areas such as a foundry or something similar you will get a massive boost just as you would with electricity, and in lower temperatures you will simply get very small continuous increases.

Solar will also make you less reflective, and heat will make you cool to the touch.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 06:06:06 pm »
B A1 and B.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 06:08:35 pm »
A2!! PERMANENT increases, not only in the sun, with the occasional massive boost in a sauna or stove or something.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Oblivion2007

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 06:22:15 pm »
You gain the abilities to absorb solar energy, blood, and dead plant cells. With this you can go on to continue absorbing mass. You are also a bit duller and less reflective.

However you have not decided what you should do now so you explore around the shop. It's about what you would expect from a Jewelers, not much to note except the large supply of silver. Too bad you cut the power, you can't even watch TV now! Quickly looking out the windows of the shop, you see that there is still a lot of traffic at night here, so you probably won't want to exit to the main street unless you intend to cause a panic.

Name: Amor
Mass Units: Currently we have 68 MU
Size: You are now about the size of a gorilla
Energy: 98.5%
Form configurations-
None so far
Default traits on-
Elastic membranes
Gelatinous Form
Current configuration traits:
Elastic Membranes +Elasticity +Defense -Attack
Gelatinous Form +Elasticity +Defense -Flexibility
Current food sources:
Alcohol
Silver - Maxed for 10 turns
Blood
Dead plant cells

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 06:27:56 pm »
Hide and wait for ten turns and then eat more silver.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 09:57:21 pm »
We are a huge ball of metallic goo, kind of hard to really hide anywhere. Even though I think we can still squeeze through small gaps since Amor doesn't have any hard parts.

Also, when did we pick up the ability to absorb alcohol?

There should be a drain to the sewers somewhere, so, slip back into the sewers for now, also hunt around for some homeless nobodies and absorb their blood since they won't be missed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 10:01:49 pm »
And the rats.

Time for some payback!

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2009, 05:15:21 am »
get out of the building, into the sewer, and try to get into a forest, plenty of dead plant material there, and the chance to get caught is rather low, therefore we can actually absorb solar power...
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2009, 04:05:46 am »
get out of the building, into the sewer, and try to get into a forest, plenty of dead plant material there, and the chance to get caught is rather low, therefore we can actually absorb solar power...

Then we shall grow to the size of Godzilla!! MUAHAHA!..HA!

Seriously though, I think that would be a great idea.

Offline Oblivion2007

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2009, 07:12:09 am »
First I want to apologize to anyone who might have enjoyed this and had been waiting for an update. When I first started this it was an idea that came to me about an hour before I first posted the topic. I had some ideas of what I wanted this game to be like and a few ideas to get there. Sadly the mechanics of it were lacking in stability. By this point we should have gotten to something interesting and we haven't, and that is entirely my fault.

The options that could be chosen for actions were rather broad compared to the narrow understanding I had of how the character would progress through the story. Perhaps if I put more effort into creating the game world and the ability tree for the character then I wouldn't be floundering right now, or perhaps if I narrowed the choices to an A/B/C voting style for the characters actions I would have been able to keep this going.

To summarize, I had other ideas I wanted to do for a meta games and this was supposed to be my testing run, to see how I would fare in running one and what my weak points were that needed to be improved. This was supposed to be relatively simple but it became clear a few updates in that the concept of a character who could develop huge amounts of simple and semi-complex abilities and combine them together into multitudes of more complex forms was anything but simple, which is quite obvious in retrospect.

In the end I still think the concept behind this is interesting and if the mechanics could be worked out better then it would be solid. Sadly I lack the experience in running a meta game that I feel the concept deserves. I will hopefully come back to this concept in the future but it will likely be as a new game, as such consider this officially abandoned.

Thanks for playing, I really appreciated that this had a decent amount of players even though I'm relatively new here, and sorry to all the folks who are disappointed over it's abandonment.

((Final Note: Regardless of my comment of wanting to come back to this concept in the future, anyone who wants to use this or even continue this specific thread it welcome to it. If you do choose to do so you won't have to worry about me popping up and 'suggesting' that you should do this or that and say that we should be able to do it because 'it was my game, I know how it works'. Of course if you message me asking my opinion on how I wanted things to work in order to get ideas I will be happy to reply.))

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2009, 10:36:40 am »
if anyone is interested i could make this game go on, maybe oblivion could send me some of the ideas he had and some of the mechanics
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2009, 03:50:15 pm »
It was awesome while it lasted. :)

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2009, 04:07:48 pm »
It was great. I can't wait to see a plotted out metagame by you!  ;D
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline boswell25

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Punch in snout to establish superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2009, 07:11:56 pm »
You're great at this.Too bad i didn't come here in time to join  :'(